Unofficial Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Specs

Looking at the "unofficial specs" it shows the leg room at 42.8 yet the C7 has 43. I would have thought more leg room since there is no engine in front. Anyone else find this odd?

Not particularly. C7 is front mid engine, small rear overhang. C8 is mid-engine, small front overhang. Only 0.2 inch difference. I suppose they could have made the frunk ever so slightly smaller, or the front overhang ever so slightly larger. But no, overall, not odd. Characteristic of a mid-engine vehicle is the small front overhang for great turn in and visibility. I wouldn't want to sacrifice that for more leg room. Also, I believe a goal of the C8 design was the have the center of rotation be around the driver, so probably has to deal with that also.

Comment

Also keep in mind that the C8 seats have more rearward movement and more recline than the C7.

Comment

I suppose but it seems to get a little smaller each model. Ok for me (5'4") but my husband is 6'3" and gets a little harder to get in each one. Also, lost 3.2 cu ft of storage. I understand the need to see over the hood, which has always been an issue for me since my C3, but I just wish there were a way to give a little more. "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride" right?

Comment

Originally posted by Denyce View Post
          Also, lost 3.2 cu ft of storage
          According to Tadge at C at C if you used water to measure instead of the standard blocks that the automotive industry uses as a standard measurement the C8 has as much volume as the C7.

I think what Tadge and team have done is out of this world! The C8 is freaking amazing...3 second mid engine rocket for 60k... Come on.

Industry changer!
          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X