Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Now that we know offsets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that we know offsets....

Assuming the information released is accurate and the offset is 52 front and 64 rear, how soon until we can start seeing some real aftermarket wheel options?

A vendor on the Corvette Forum has already began taking pre-orders for their wheels but I think all of their options are hideous. Any idea when HRE may develop some?

Also for those of you who were early C7 customers that got aftermarket wheels, I read there were some terribly inaccurate offset specs on new wheels that looked awful on early c7 cars. Anyone experience this?

I don't think anyone but the wheel manufacturers could answer those questions.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
      I don't think anyone but the wheel manufacturers could answer those questions.
      The first and 3rd paragraph are relative to those who pre ordered C7s and 1) how soon they saw viable options for aftermarket in relation to their c7 order time and 2) if they got burned and what their experience was which I at least believe is important to know so that I can avoid that experience

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post

The first and 3rd paragraph are relative to those who pre ordered C7s and 1) how soon they saw viable options for aftermarket in relation to their c7 order time and 2) if they got burned and what their experience was which I at least believe is important to know so that I can avoid that experience
        Fair enough. I was talking about when aftermarket companies will offer product. They're not going to start design until they have hard numbers direct from GM, as opposed to internet rumors.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

They probably won’t make them until they can take actual measurements on a C8. Half the reason people buy aftermarket wheels is to change the offset to improve the look by bringing wheels out to the edge of fender

Comment

Originally posted by Ronstar View Post
            They probably won’t make them until they can take actual measurements on a C8. Half the reason people buy aftermarket wheels is to change the offset to improve the look by bringing wheels out to the edge of fender
            They actually get that info from GM and if they don’t currently have it they will soon. They don’t have to manually measure a set of wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post
              They actually get that info from GM and if they don’t currently have it they will soon. They don’t have to manually measure a set of wheels.
              But if their intention is to go for better looks as Ronstar mentioned, they also have to check how far they can push the offset to eliminate the current tuck (especially noticeable on the front) while still avoiding potential clearance problems with the fender edge and possible component hard points throughout the range of suspension travel and steering lock. That kind of measurement really requires access to a real car to experiment with different sizing, ride heights, and alignment (camber mostly).
              Last edited by Klinn; 08-27-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

TE37s, that's what I want. fvs was kind enough to oblige a rendering. Only made me want them more.
                Attached Files

Comment

Klinn - you’re absolutely correct. And combine that with different pad depths to be able to create concavity in the rear and there’s a lot of moving parts to make sure the look is “just right”.

BZ

Comment

All that is easily done in the CAD files which the wheel manufacturers are given. They don’t manually measure the wheels and don’t need to. A representative from Pur clarified this a few years ago on the other forum. But as you stated they do experiment to get the right look for non stock wheel sizes. But they can create replacement wheels in the stock sizes without having ever seen the car once GM releases the information to them.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X