No announcement yet.

C8 Performance & Other Specs Thanks To JB & Swift93 — Though Not Yet Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Performance & Other Specs Thanks To JB & Swift93 — Though Not Yet Official

Summary Specs:

Zero to 30 mph 1.1
    zero to 60 mph 3.0/2.9
    zero to 100 mph 7.6
    quarter mile 11.3 @121 mph

60 to 0. 115.1 / 108.4

curb weight
    3577 z51 coupe
    3637 convertible

Here’s the info that while not verified, is believed to be correct.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7EA6AF6B-482A-43A7-AF67-59E7A517D677.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	225.4 KB ID:	64102
    Last edited by brad66; 08-27-2019, 05:00 AM. Reason: Fix title
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

It is believed that these specs were seen at Carlisle within one the C8 engineer’s “spec books.” But as of yet, we are awaiting further confirmation.
    Last edited by John; 08-26-2019, 06:39 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I think 0-60 in 3.0 flat for the base model will keep me entertained!
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Really think non z51 cars will perform as well as the z51 cars...

guess it doesnt make sense for so many to order.

ill still order z51 and the fe4 but like Ive suggested from the beginning more for the heavy duty nature of cooling, gearing and suspension.

i dream that it will be slightly more durable over time.

who knows...lol

if as John states these numbers pan out...as accurate ....whats the point of z51 fe4 for most buyers?

having gone to carlisle it really seemed as if the corvette team was downplaying the importance of z51 with regards to any performance improvement and more a track durability improvement.

just a vibe I got while at bowling green.

it seemed all the options and features were of greater importance

all the factory options involving leather and carbon fiber and the lift kit just came across as the fascinating new things to get...

could be because thats all new and it announces with the c8 there is less reason to search out the aftermarket to personalize the vehicle..

the thrusted statement I walked away with was personalize your corvette as you see fit right from the factory...and rightly so..

there is a tremendous array of luxury and appearance choices.

its almost dizzying trying to keep up with the variety being offered.

i believe the breath of the options is where gm is looking to add profit to the bottom line of each purchase made.

lessons from Porsche
        Last edited by JB; 08-25-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

If 0-60 in 3.0 for $59,985 is true then there are some Mustang fans that are not going to be happy. I guess some Zupra fans won’t be happy either.

Those numbers are right inline with what I predicted. However, I bet the base C8 0-60 time is closer to 3.09 than 3.00. Also I bet the Z51 0-60 time is actually very close to 2.90. That is significant enough in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            Zero to 30 mph 1.1
            zero to 60 mph 3.0/2.9
            zero to 100 mph 7.6
            quarter mile 11.3 @121 mph

60 to 0. 115.1 / 108.4

curb weight
            3577 z51 coupe
            3637 convertible
            Incredible times for a base car!!

anyone know off the top of their head what the published 0-100 time is for the current z06? I also believe the z06 curb weight is similar as well?

they hit it out of the park with the new c8!

Comment

So, what I'm seeing is on par with my previous 2014 GT-R. Looks like the butt dyno will be happy.

Comment

Great job MECF members. In an earlier forum poll, we collectively predicted a quater mile time of 11.3 seconds in the low 120’s. Nice work team — with above stats, again if verified showing [email protected] MPH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	27C0891E-4A8A-48D4-AFC4-DE9FA42B374F.jpeg
Views:	858
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	64109
                Last edited by John; 08-26-2019, 06:49 AM.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Yes, Virginia, there will be a convertible as shown in the specs, and nicely the HT convertible’s weight is only 101 pounds more than the coupe. I believe this is the lowest, with one exception, incremental HT weight amount ME exotics.

Comment

Great numbers! Are DCT that consistent that with no mods a driver would be hard pressed to get 11.1-11.0?

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
                      If 0-60 in 3.0 for $59,985 is true then there are some Mustang fans that are not going to be happy. I guess some Zupra fans won’t be happy either.

Those numbers are right inline with what I predicted. However, I bet the base C8 0-60 time is closer to 3.09 than 3.00. Also I bet the Z51 0-60 time is actually very close to 2.90. That is significant enough in my book.
                      Tadge did tell John in Carlisle that we'd "be surprised at how close the base model" is to the Z51. We'll know soon. And I doubt my butt dyno can tell the difference between 2.9 and 3.09 on the street anyway.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Everything close to 3.0 seconds is superlative. As meyerweb noted, doubt the butt dyno could tell the difference a 1/10th second either way. Sure a professional sports car racer and a drag racer can, but the rest of us??

Comment

Really impressive results!!

The much more powerful C7 Z06 was 10.95s and 127 in the 1/4. The C8 is pretty darn close being 150hp short and clearly uses all 495HP to the max. Another comparison is the 991.2 GT3... pretty much a legendary car and a real track weapon. The GT3 stats... 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds, and the quarter mile in 11.2 seconds at 126 mph. The difference is the GT3 is easily $100K more

I'm really impressed.
                          2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
                          2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
                          2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
                          2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

A tenth of a second when accelerating to 60 mph in 3 seconds is impossible to feel for anyone...

the main message I walked away from carlisle was the performance of the standard vehicle will be identical to the z51...

on the track the extra cooling, gearing and suspension of the z51 will keep the vehicle in the proper performance range under duress.

ive always thought the z51 package was more about slightly heavier duty components more so than actual higher performance.

for me that heavier duty nature is worth the extra 3800 dollars considering npp is standard.

ever so slight performance values in some areas not including top speed ...where the standard vehicle is 10 mph faster than the z51 if any of that matters.

i do believe the fe4 mrc shock system only available with z51 is another feature i want to purchase this time around...its been raved about for so long and the fact ferrari licenses it from delco...what the heck...have to order that ..

as far as dcts being so consistent that it will be interesting to see if that 11.3 at 121 mph can be beat by private owners in stock vehicles..?

thats a good question...

traditionally car owners and publications easily beat porsches pdk published acceleration numbers..

so there is hope we can have private owners and maybe magazines getting into the 10s with stock cars..and possibly hitting higher trap speeds...

wjat i can suggest is 11.3 @121 will be a bare minimum all of us should be able to achieve consistently...except at high altitudes of course.

for those conditions ev or forced inductions are your friends...

fun discussions...

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
                              Great numbers! Are DCT that consistent that with no mods a driver would be hard pressed to get 11.1-11.0?
                              Yes, DCT and launch control give very similar results. Always room for a hero run though. Low Density Altitude (DA), cool weather but warm track, etc.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X