Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Latest Corvette News And Headlines

Things are starting to heat up about the new C8 Z06! And CORVETTE TODAY covers it all in this News & Headlines episode. Here are some of the topics you'll hear about ...
1. Final stats for the 2021 model year C8 Corvette
2. Nearly half of the C8.R IMSA Edition C8’s are already sold
3. 2022 C8 Configurator is now live
4. The C8 was the 2nd fastest selling new car in August 2021
5. Consumer Reports declines to recommend the 2021 C8 Corvette
6. 2021 C8 tops its class in the JD Power APEAL Study
7. A Nurburgring video captures 2023 C8 Z06 with unofficial track time
8. We have video evidence that the C8 Z06 will also come in an HTC
9. Did we see the reveal colors on the last teaser video for the C8 Z06?
10. Another Easter Egg discovery on the C8 Z06 “Save the Date” video
11. Spy photos of the C8 E-ray confirm it’s a performance hybrid
12. New Zealand about to get their right-hand drive C8 Corvettes
13. The C8 Z06 might break 3 production V8 records
14. Chevrolet has officially quit making the LT5 engine with 755 hp

This is a long list of topics, and it's not everything that's covered in this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
2 of 3 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Privileged. I have see the C8 4 times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privileged. I have see the C8 4 times.

Privileged. I have see the C8 4 times. Love at first sight. Appreciate it more every time I see it. Sat in it. Hugged it. Rubbed it. Looked in, under, over at, around, behind. I have no longer a thing for Mclaren and Ferrari. Video. Pics. The C8 coup is just a beginning. And 60K. I need to drive it.
    Size:IMO the C8 designers studied the 458/488 and Co. They sized The C8 Coup as is with purpose and care. IMO, it is the perfect size and the others are perhaps compromised by their forced smallerness. The 720S and 488 can not be driven for daily use, to the extent of the C8.
    Weight: IMO the weight of the C8 Coup is not an accidental over-run. IMO, safety, function, comfort, performance, cost, structural integrity, daily long term use, and etc were given relative degrees of priority. The coup was not built to a weight target, IMO. It is a daily driver and will be my daily driver. Up at Carlisle, I saw people of all sizes in am out of the cars. Some were really big dudes. C8 has to be an “American” Man size car. It is beautifully sized. Everybody fits. Even little, old 80 something women and girls appeared naturally placed. The car looks tight, light and strudy. But It has 14 speakers, plenty storage, deep seats. [The seats are not carbon-fiber pads placed on the floor.] Long set travel.
    Proportion and rear-length: It may be the best proportioned of all midEngine cars. It will soon displace our old expectations regarding the visual proportions sports car.
    The Interior:Some people selective note that the C8 interior does not equal that of one or two other luxury cars. However it we place the C8 side by side in the company with all the “super Cars” and compare, then it will more than hold its own. It is Especially superior in practicality and reliability of the GM features. Computer screen #1. Sound system #1. Air heat etc GM is #1. The interior knobs and utilities in other supercars come from toys are us.
    The under structure, frame, chassis etc: That stuff is a confidence builder to look at. And people are just grinning ear to ear and giddy looking at it, knock on it and rub all over it.. The cut-away C8 looks planted , has stance. Looking at the cut-away reveals that the skin can be pulled tighter and slimmer, but with compromise to storage, like the others
    Engine Compartment: Is not crammed. There is space. Wiggle room around the engine, tranny , headers, etc. There is plenty room for the coming nuclear power plant back there. The headers are cool. Get rid of the stuff that block it from view.

ps: Saw the Ceramic gray again today in bright sunlight. In the sun it looks, standing alone, looks white. On cloudy day last Friday it was a dignified powder gray, really a gray. But White in the sun. And people who had see it Friday were amused trying to figure out where the gray went.

Talked to a rep in the tent. He said that "corporate" was in charge of the black-tent display and they were to close at 12 noon. , and the red and gray C8s. Said that the engineers were handling the other red, 2 silver and black C8 in the big tent and they were not present in the a. m..
    tent.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 08-25-2019, 03:22 PM.

Thanks Nice to here I am a big old fat guy. My first new vet was a 1966 I was 2/10 148 lbs now at 76 I am 5/11 and 299.9 lbs.No doubt my last one but I can,t wait. Cheers Jim

Comment

Hopefully your c8 will serve you many many years. Fwiw my neighbor has a 64 corvette and a mercedes SL convertible and he is a spy happy healthy 92.

Comment

Great summary SD! I’m still a bit wary of engine access or at least that I can see enough to gawk at it. Going back for a second viewing at another sealer on Tuesday.
        Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
        Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

SleepDog, thank you for your very insightful analysis. You sound very happy with your learnings. Appreciate your sharing them with us.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
            Great summary SD! I’m still a bit wary of engine access or at least that I can see enough to gawk at it. Going back for a second viewing at another sealer on Tuesday.
            Every single car has some repair issues that are horribly difficult, time consuming and expensive, e.g.,the torque tube replacement on the C7. Sure there will be a potential equivalent ones for the C8, but in this specific case, nor torque tube at all.

GM has created three custom cradles to first put the C8 on a lift, then drop down the DCT or the motor for those 1/10 of 1% of repair circumstances. The fact that the required dealership tool purchase to be qualified to sell or service a C8, is less than $1,500 total is a major reassurance to us all. GM knows that one major way the C8 will be evaluated not just initially, but in the medium and long term, is its serviceability.

I had dinner with a forum member last night and replacement of his clutch on his 13 year old Ferrari was $16,000.

I am confident we will be fine, and even those 1/10th of 1% repair occurrences will be “Chevy costs,” not exotic car costs.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

SheepDog, Nice writeup!
              I just sat in my first C8 yesterday and was thoroughly impressed with it.
              Months ago I had some reservations and even disappointment at times about choices made in the design. Now I love the car. It's apparent that the Corvette team thought about every detail on the new design. I feel that every stitch, bolt and drop of fluid it takes to make the C8 was tested and challenged until the team was comfortable it was the best choice for the consumer. I know that's just one uneducated persons' thoughts but I like the feeling I get from the car as well as the interviews I see online from Tadge and his team also.
              Again, it's an impressive car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cadle View Post
                Thanks Nice to here I am a big old fat guy. My first new vet was a 1966 I was 2/10 148 lbs now at 76 I am 5/11 and 299.9 lbs.No doubt my last one but I can,t wait. Cheers Jim
                At Laguna Seca, a man about 6' 6" and weighing upwards of 275 lbs. and his absolutely lovely wife, came to see the Zeus Bronze one on display. His wife was trading in a Ferrari if she like this (and she did). First she sat in it and va va voom! Then he got in and slide right in. He claimed he had extra room over his head. The extra slide on the seats really helped. I think this sealed the deal for them.

Comment

Thanks every one for your comments

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X