Aftermarket carbon fiber engine trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket carbon fiber engine trim

Any thoughts on how long or if aftermarket suppliers will offer carbon fiber engine compartment trim?

If I took a guess? Pretty soon after the aftermarket gets their c8 to measure up and produce...

one nice feature of carbon fiber is that the molds are pretty quick to produce and deliver products to consumers....

i dont do engine compartment dress up yet for those that do...it does look good right from GM...

the seamless option to have these dress up engine compartment features are priced well...right from gm and the quality seemed excellent from what we can tell at the reveals and at carlisle..

the interior carbon fiber options were well done and again priced well..

im very cost conscientious...so its not my thing to add such lovely features..but for those that do...Wow!

Id buy from GM without reservation...

price and quality seem excellent.....
    Last edited by JB; 08-25-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if within 3 months of the 1st C8 customer deliveries, aftermarket CF parts will become available.

Accurate molds will be made quickly from OE parts.
      My C8:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I prefer the brushed aluminum look over carbon fiber. Hoping someone does the engine trim pieces in that.
        GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Swift93 View Post
          Any thoughts on how long or if aftermarket suppliers will offer carbon fiber engine compartment trim?
          GM has spent a LOT of money on CFD and Thermal Management supercomputer time on engine compartment heat and how to vent it. Tadge refers to that engine compartment venting in one of the Carlisle videos. And I'm absolutely sure that GM knows how to fabricate the carbon fiber engine trim pieces to hold up in the hot engine compartment without any issues.

If you buy aftermarket carbon fiber engine trim, it may or may not not hold up to the heat. That's because the non-OEM fabricator doesn't know what GM knows, and hasn't spent the time and money to know, as GM did.

I have always wondered what fricasseed carbon fiber smelt like. But I'm not gonna find out on my C8, and accordingly, I bought the real GM carbon fiber engine compartment trim.
          Last edited by Shepherd777; 08-25-2019, 04:42 PM.
          Bob Sliwa
          "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
          Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
          Ludicrous Speed - https://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
          2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

I bet around 6 months from when the customers get their first car.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd777 View Post

I have always wondered what fricasseed carbon fiber smelt like. But I'm not gonna find out on my C8, and accordingly, I bought the real GM carbon fiber engine compartment trim.

It STANKS and makes a lot of smoke........NASTY STUFF! I have machined it and also watched a Stealth Fighter burn......black smoke....
              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post
                I prefer the brushed aluminum look over carbon fiber. Hoping someone does the engine trim pieces in that.
                Unfortunately, in all the cars on display those lovely aluminum beams were painted black. I love for them to be clear coated aluminum.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X