MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

When you start taking something on your C8 apart, these cutaway C8 pics might help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you start taking something on your C8 apart, these cutaway C8 pics might help.

I took these photos so I'll know how at least a few things are attached and/or accessed or just where something is when I start modding someone's C8. LOL

Awesome engineering!
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Hate to ask this, but about lift points to put these on a 2 post lift? You know, oil changes and stuff.

Comment

Thanks for taking all of these great photos Jag.

Comment

Great pics Jag. I love the styling and beautiful lines of this car,but when the skin is removed I stand in total AWE of the engineering marvel underneath. Can’t get enough of the cutaways

Comment

Thanks, everyone. There are four standard lift points like previous generations.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
              Thanks, everyone. There are four standard lift points like previous generations.
              Thanks for the pics. What are these "hockey pucks" people are talking about? Do I need these to use with my floor jack?
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

If you Google "Corvette jacking pucks" you'll see what they are. There are slots on the bottom of the frame rails, two on each side, and the pucks can be inserted to provide additional clearance for a floor jack or lift.
                1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Question: Does the C7 C28-63 Corvette Jack Pad Tool with 15mm extension from Reverse Logic work on a C8? Or do we need to order C8 specific pucks?.
                  Heidi
                  Save the Wave

2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Nice that some of the bracing over the engine appears to be removable which should making working on the topside easier.
                    Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                      Question: Does the C7 C28-63 Corvette Jack Pad Tool with 15mm extension from Reverse Logic work on a C8? Or do we need to order C8 specific pucks?
                      Yes, the C7's hockey pucks will work with the C8.

Comment

Thanks Klinn; that's super. Saves me enough $ to buy some Brandy. LOL
                        Heidi
                        Save the Wave
                        2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Great work, Jeremy !!!

Might be worth making a "Sticky" for this thread, as I'm sure many of us will want to see those detailed pics again, come mod time....
                          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

Very cool. A LOT more aerospace type fasteners than welds. Should make the car a lot stronger overall. The castings are gorgeous. I would guess these are making the other ME builders pretty nervous. It take a lot of capital justified by a lot of volume to make these affordable even for a $300K car. A sales volume of only 3000 per year won't cut it.

Comment

A couple more cool pics of that cut away car for those who love to study the details. These ones from Speed Hunter are simple square-on shots that make it easy to compare from one side to the other to see what fits under the skin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-C8-Chevy-Corvette_Trevor-Ryan-Speedhunters_016_4019.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	624.5 KB
ID:	71694

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-C8-Chevy-Corvette_Trevor-Ryan-Speedhunters_020_4067.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	71695

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom