Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Rapid Blue, Z51, 3LT, Comp Seats, Blk Interior, Orange Belts, SG Trident Wheels, Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Blue, Z51, 3LT, Comp Seats, Blk Interior, Orange Belts, SG Trident Wheels, Pics

Rapid Blue, Z51, 3LT, Competition Seats, Black Interior, Orange Seat Belts, Spectra Gray Trident Wheels. From the VIP parking lot on Friday at Corvettes at Carlisle. Cloud cover at the time. Interior photos taken through glass.

​​​​​​​

Thanks for the pics Jag, not only for this car but all the others you are documenting so well.

Orange seat belts with Rapid Blue is a, ummm ...striking color choice. Wonder if the crew assembling these pre-production cars just reached into a box and grabbed whatever belts were handy. Just kidding!

I'm kind of disappointed that the Trident wheels with the machined 5 spokes & rim look so dull in overcast conditions. Granted, I'm more likely to be driving on sunny days which make those 5 polished spokes "pop" but it's making me reconsider the base silver rims instead. They still look shiny under the same conditions since they're depending on paint color rather than reflections to give them life. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: The car seems to be missing a small trim piece at the bottom-front of the waterfall speaker. Victim of the tough life of a prototype?
    Last edited by Klinn; 08-24-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I think a lot of these test cars literally were assembled form a variety of available parts with no real concern about whether the match. They need to test all the seat belt colors to make sure the don't bleed, etc, so some car is going to get them.
      ​​​​​​

And the wheels look much better in person, even on a cloudy, dark day, than they show up in the photos.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
        Thanks for the pics Jag, not only for this car but all the others you are documenting so well.

Orange seat belts with Rapid Blue is a, ummm ...striking color choice. Wonder if the crew assembling these pre-production cars just reached into a box and grabbed whatever belts were handy. Just kidding!

I'm kind of disappointed that the Trident wheels with the machined 5 spokes & rim look so dull in overcast conditions. Granted, I'm more likely to be driving on sunny days which make those 5 polished spokes "pop" but it's making me reconsider the base silver rims instead. They still look shiny under the same conditions since they're depending on paint color rather than reflections to give them life. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: The car seems to be missing a small trim piece at the bottom-front of the waterfall speaker. Victim of the tough life of a prototype?
        You're welcome...glad to bring the pics and info to you. The cars in the parking area were cars that once had camo and interior coverings on them. They also didn't install the trim piece on these cars because it says "Stingray" on it. Not an issue now, but that's why they weren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
          I think a lot of these test cars literally were assembled form a variety of available parts with no real concern about whether the match. They need to test all the seat belt colors to make sure the don't bleed, etc, so some car is going to get them.
          ​​​​​​

And the wheels look much better in person, even on a cloudy, dark day, than they show up in the photos.
          I think there is intentional design for most of what we see. This way, they can see how colors look together after the build is complete, even if the colors wouldn't normally be thought of as working together. It also allows them to look at public reaction. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            That's good to know, I appreciate the feedback since you've had a chance to see the wheels in person. I really prefer that Trident style so I'll be happy to stay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I look at it like a pseudo Gulf livery color scheme.
              GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X