Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CorvetteToday Podcast Delves Into C4 With Aficionado Brad Hansen

CORVETTE TODAY delves into the C4 Corvette with affectionato, Brad Hansen. https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...I0r3Da0OXhSCLC Brad is a LA videographer, but uses his C4 as a Daily Driver. Consequently, he has become a true go-to guy for all C4 do-it-yourselfers! Brad has a great YouTube channel and social media presence. You'll find out all about that and more on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
See more
See less

High wing spoiler ... carbon flash or body colored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High wing spoiler ... carbon flash or body colored.

I'll start by saving I hate asking this question... preference is very personal. My issue is that I can not, for the life of me, decide which color option I like more. The carbon flash mirror and wing or the body colored option. I need help on what people think looks better. Yes, I know it's my choice and no one can tell me what I like... I get that... but at the moment I could flip a coin. Maybe that's what I should do

I have seen a number of C8's with the normal spoiler and I think it actually looks better in black than body color. It almost disappears when the spoiler is body color and makes the rear look a bit stumpy IMO. However, with the high wing spoiler, there is some black and some body colored components.

So, what do you think??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wing option.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	63233
    Carbon flash mirror and high wing spoiler
    58.33%
    Body color mirror and high wing spoiler
    41.67%
    2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
    2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
    2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
    2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Just my opinion but on a red car I would go body color unless you do other carbon flash accents.

Comment

IMHO, on a black or very dark colored C8 I would have chosen which ever was least expensive however, I, personally, will select the “exposed/visible” carbon fiber option for my Black or (hopefully) Black Rose Metalic 2021 Z06. Click image for larger version

Name:	5E0AACE0-C551-4D35-87B9-6F9982472B0E.png
Views:	592
Size:	534.5 KB
ID:	63245

Comment

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie View Post
        IMHO, on a black or very dark colored C8 I would have chosen which ever was least expensive however, I, personally, will select the “exposed/visible” carbon fiber option for my Black or (hopefully) Black Rose Metalic 2021 Z06. Click image for larger version  Name:	5E0AACE0-C551-4D35-87B9-6F9982472B0E.png Views:	0 Size:	534.5 KB ID:	63245
        Well unfortunately at this time there’s not an exposed CF option for the rear wing. HOWEVER, I’m with ya and think it will be an option on the Z06 or ZR1 level cars. Right now I’m very seriously considering the Zeus Bronze but I think it will look goofy with exposed CF ground effects and splitter with a carbon flash spoiler. Hopefully they tell us soon that a exposed CF spoiler is an option.

Comment

I voted body color, but it's a very close thing. I can see why you're having trouble deciding.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I ordered my ELB C8 with the carbon flash mirrors and high wing spoiler.

To my eye, the car is visually unbalanced without the carbon flash high wing rear spoiler. The CF high wing spoiler balances the front black heat exchanger vents, the black center front valance, and the black splitter. Balance.

Of course, that's just my 2 cents, but again, that's how/why I did it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ELB Corvette Stingray 2020 2.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	63275
            Last edited by Shepherd777; 08-23-2019, 07:58 PM.
            Bob Sliwa
            "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
            Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
            Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
            2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

I ordered the painted mirrors and high wing spoiler on my torch red as well as the black trident spoke wheels. I like the way the black offsets the red
              Torch Red Exterior; Black interior: 2LT, GT2 seats; Z51 with FE4 Mag Ride; front-end lift; black high wing spoiler; black mirrors; black trident spoke wheels; bright red calipers; and splash guards

Comment

OP, this is an easy one. The answer is, it depends. That is, if you are going with black or carbon mirrors, go with the black rear wing. However, if you are sticking with the base mirrors that come in two tone (black and body color), go with the body colored wing, which also has some black on it.

Personally, I think the two tone body color mirrors are better looking than both the carbon and black options. I certainly would not pay more for those options and as such, I would get the body colored wing.

Also, IMO, it looks more like an aftermarket add on wing when it’s all black. The body color makes it look more cohesive.

Comment

Agree 100%! Since it's not my money, but if i were playing, the body color spoiler looks exotic and "factory" where the black looks sporty and "aftermarket". Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I like your poll gthal. Thanks. Adding my $0.01 into your question, I prefer the carbon flash spoiler, and equally dependent on whether plain black or carbon flash is chosen for other components, the black one if not.

To me the body colored one does not fit with my orientation of “contrasting accents is a good thing.” Many disagree with that, and for them good to specify the body colored. But being used to no body colored spoilers during the C7 generation, ironically the body colored spoiler on the C8, again to me, accentuates it but not positively.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I can understand why you're waffling back and forth on this, I did too. And at the moment, the poll votes are split 50/50. No help there!

Ultimately I like the way the body colored bits appear integrated into the design rather than add-ons. But then again, I was seriously considering ordering the body colored exterior trim (scoop edge etc) so take my preference with a grain of salt. The best part of this dilemma is that you'll have a great looking car either way!

Comment

One thing to consider in choosing is a glossy paint can cause the sunlight to bounce off and reflect through the glass onto dash area and have a glare when looking back
                        where a flatter dark color will not

The full wings I have used on my Corvettes I paint the underside a darker flat color as sunlight bounces between it and the top of body paint

Also would wonder the glare effects at top of wing due to sunlight effecting the rear-view camera high by B-pillar.
                        Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
                        1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

Appreciate all of the comments... and it's good to see that my own indecision on this is consistent with the views here... 50/50 split
                          2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
                          2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
                          2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
                          2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

I have the same dilemma. With LBR (my wife’s choice) i’m clear about what to order. But I’m souring a bit on LBR and thinking Arctic White instead — but I’m waffling on the color of the spoiler (and mirrors and wheels).
                            Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X