Fun fact: Mirror Stalk Length Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun fact: Mirror Stalk Length Difference

The right side rear view mirror sticks out two inches more than the driver's side.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-side-mirrors/
    Last edited by John; 08-23-2019, 11:04 PM.

Mirror probably in a good position. Great article. Thanks.
    Last edited by Boomer; 08-23-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

The horror. Totally unacceptable. I'm cancelling my order.
      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
      Spectra Grey Tridents.
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
        The horror. Totally unacceptable. I'm cancelling my order.
        But it'll make a great trivia question at parties.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Also gives more justification for the “folding mirror” option. If nothing else to protect the mirror from the careless passerby/motorists in parking lots/stalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie View Post
            Also gives more justification for the “folding mirror” option. If nothing else to protect the mirror from the careless passerby/motorists in parking lots/stalls.
            Think that comes with the 2lt.

Comment

I don’t notice it that much, but it is probably me. I’m cross-eyed without my glasses. Appreciate the trivia.
              Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
              C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
              Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
              Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
              Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Road and Track properly gives credit to the Corvette Blogger. The back story is that Keith pointed this out to me yesterday, so I grabbed my pocket tape measure and my camera and we confirmed that the passenger side mirror arm extends about 2 inches farther than the drivers side. Read Keith's blog post on this tidbit here:

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...ike-the-other/

Comment

Amazing that it took a month for that fun fact to come out!!!!

Comment

Visually in person its really not noticeable...unless someone tells you..l

one day that will be a tiny camera on the side of the car instead of a mirror...

i believe audi has that in europe on one of its vehicles but in the USA that side view camera alone would be illegal.

i bet the aero without the side view mirrors is quite a bit better.
                    Last edited by JB; 08-24-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X