Does the plastic resin smell persist in the C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the plastic resin smell persist in the C8

i was driving my Z06 with the wife today, and she repeated her comments that the car has a strong plastic smell. I know the cars going around have had thousands of people in them, but do the cars smell better? I really like the rich leather smell in exotic cars. Just a personal thing, but I get headaches occasionally in my Z. Thanks

Sounds like a service visit. Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Congrats on the early C8 delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
      Sounds like a service visit. Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Congrats on the early C8 delivery.
      Sorry if my post was lacking in details...my 2019 C7 has a plastic smell that I have noticed on my two previous C7’s and to a slightly lesser degree/intensity C6’s. I have heard similar comments from other owners, so I figured it was just the way the car is. I have test driven quite a few other new C7’s, and they are all the same in that regard.

my question is asking if the new C8’s have that plastic smell?

Comment

https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...zo6.html?amp=1

Comment

Park it in a garage with the roof removed to accelerate the dissipation of the odor.

Comment

Didn't notice it in any of the cars I sat in today, but my C7 'vert didn't suffer from it either, so I don't know....
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That lovely 'New Car Smell' of old turns out to be toxic fumes as the plastics outgas. I've had it adhere to the inside of my windshield, and it's a bear to remove. Time is the only cure, I believe.

https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20120...-smell-toxic#1
              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                Park it in a garage with the roof removed to accelerate the dissipation of the odor.
                Thanks. Appreciate the advice.

Comment

And that's why we can't have nice things...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X