Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

All C8 Targa Tops are Not Created Equal (Weights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All C8 Targa Tops are Not Created Equal (Weights)

Do you want the lightest targa top? Everyone knows that would be the Exposed Carbon Fiber Top. But did you know that the painted top is not Carbon Fiber? And the heaviest top is the Transparent Top? Here are the weights for the three options:

14 lbs - Carbon Fiber Top

15.5 lbs - Body Color Painted Top

17 lbs - Transparent Top

For comparison, the C7 Carbon Fiber Top weighs in at 16 lbs.

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
    Do you want the lightest targa top?
    The weight of the top doesn't matter to me. Transparent is in my build.

Comment

Thanks Jag. Confirms what you suspected when we talked the day after the reveal, that due to the C8 top not starting at the windshield header, it would be two or three pounds light.

Well done.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks Jag!! I thought there would be more weight difference between the CF top and the other 2. Good to know that body color painted Top is only 1.5 LB heavier.

Comment

Excellent, Thanks been looking for this.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

No way would I spend the bucks for the CF top just to save 1.5 lbs.
            2022 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Spectra Gray Wheels Blue Stripes Current drive: '20 GT350 Heritage Edition Pkg. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
              No way would I spend the bucks for the CF top just to save 1.5 lbs.
              Quit lying. Everyone knows you bought one of those $5000 10lb Braille batteries.

Comment

Oh yeah, just like I voted for AOC .....................
                2022 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Spectra Gray Wheels Blue Stripes Current drive: '20 GT350 Heritage Edition Pkg. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Not to hijack, but do you guys think I'd be able to find a body shop that could paint or wrap a transparent top to match the C8's pillars? I want the clear roof for sunlight but those sides on it would keep me up at night.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
                    Oh yeah, just like I voted for AOC .....................
                    You should be shot and drug behind a truck for even joking like that.

Comment

Originally posted by electroVette View Post
                      Not to hijack, but do you guys think I'd be able to find a body shop that could paint or wrap a transparent top to match the C8's pillars? I want the clear roof for sunlight but those sides on it would keep me up at night.
                      If they couldn’t paint it a vinyl strip would work. Find a vinyl sign or lettering shop near you. Should be cheap.

Comment

That's what I thought. Some colors will be easy to do. Not so the metallic's. That is one of the reasons I didn't go for it as I'd done so with my C6's and C7's

Comment

Is a transparent Targa Top actually clear? How would you block the Sun?
                          Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                            Is a transparent Targa Top actually clear? How would you block the Sun?
                            No, it is tinted. Not sure what %, but fairly heavily tinted, at least on C6 and C7. Appears almost black when viewed outside the car
                            Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

There are headliner inserts for the C7 that attach with suction cups, they work well. I have carbon and clear roofs and always take the headliner insert along when using the clear (Winter months here). Vendors will gear up for C8 models quickly, I'm sure.
                              Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
                              Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X