Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Engine Bay Appearance Package with and without (Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Bay Appearance Package with and without (Pics)

I took these photos of the engine bays with and without the engine bay appearance package today at Corvettes at Carlisle. Which do you prefer?

With

Without

I like the more "industrial" look without the engine bay appearance package.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
      I took these photos of the engine bays with and without the engine bay appearance package today at Corvettes at Carlisle. Which do you prefer?
      I like the appearance package but I like $995 more. I would rather get the black rims than the appearance package.

Comment

I prefer it WITH the appearance package.

Only wish the valve covers were BRIGHT Red, not Edge Red
        3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber: door handles & boomerangs, Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins, Rear Hatch Vents, engine bay surround pieces, and front grill trim.

Comment

Thank you. That really helps make some decisions.
          2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

You definitely get to see more of the valve cover w/out the carbon covers but looks bare or unfinished.

I think this engine bay is going to look wild with some titanium headers!

Comment

Thanks for the comparison. Were there any other carbon fiber parts besides the two triangular panels? Also did you happen to see where the Appearance Package LED lighting was inside the engine bay?

Comment

Definitely prefer the appearance package, glad I ordered it.
                Jag you are doing a great job for those of us who can’t be there providing us with a constant stream of new information. THANKS!!

Comment

Still looking for a photo showing engine bay with LIGHTS on.

Comment

Do the carbon fiber bits show with the engine cover closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                      I’m with you on this Boomer and my the valve covers (maybe something else also) will be coming off in the winter to have powder coated my favorite color ...
                      A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                        Completely agree. I think it is a much more mechanical 'high performance' look that way. I can see where the carbon might be nice if you do lots of car shows.
                        '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                        '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                        '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                        '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                        '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                        '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

I think it looks good both ways. They did a good job making it look better then C5, C6, C7, and hell it is behind you and under glass. How freaking cool!

Currently I am leaning to no appearance package and yes on Red intake cover.
                          2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

I think this is only half of the appeal of the engine appearance package though, the lighting is what amplified this package.

Were you you able to find out if there’s a switch that controls the lighting and where it is?

Comment

Also Jag, If we're going to have to remove the cover to have it painted RED, how difficult do you think it would be to remove the "Corvette" plates in order to paint the cover??
                              2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X