Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Spoiler or No Spoiler - Side by Side Comparison Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was being a bit more than facetious...I don’t drive crazy speeds although I have conquered some beautiful windy roads...I just wonder out of the perhaps 25 thousand c8s...how many are really going to test the upper limits of speed...I personally like the z51 spoiler and the smooth no spoiler look...but since I want the z51 package I don’t mind what is offered...I have yet to own a car that I considered absolutely perfect... so I don’t put that stress on myself...it’s great to see all the different cars....and with the c8 there will be a ton of iterations...

Comment

I believe the z51 wing and splitter exist because gm wanted to differentiate the standard car from the z51 visually.

im sure we will all grow to love this combo in person when we get the cars...

many of us are old enough to not want to scream boy racers..even if we choose torch red and colors like that...

neight colors are fun, swoopy styling cool...small and big wings etc can be a bit over the top at first glance..

the spy photos did set a lot of us off because they wrapped material on the rear wing to loom really bizarre.

im ok with the z51 rear wing from a looks perspective...

i will state that the designers did such a great job with the standard car...it just flows so nicely, so elegantly....its hard not to at least say to yourself...without the rear wing the corvette c8 looks like a million bucks...

all that said...Z51 fe4 for the technical heavy duty componentry...

ill deal with the wing..

i will state emphatically if the splitter and the rear wing were a $300 dollar cost option i would have definitely passed on it...hell if it was a no cost delete option...id have passed on the wing and splitter.l.

im sure Ill grow to love it ...looks dam good on the poster...
      Last edited by JB; 08-26-2019, 10:28 PM.
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Since my car will not birth before next summer, I may just have Criswell's Parts Dept order the splitter and have it installed before I pick the car up from Mike.
        2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

Ok back from the Museum. Stood there and looked at two of the cars side by side. To me the one without the wing just doesn’t look right. Like the rear deck just slopes to the back and then nothing, like there is no ending spot. I’ll take the wing on mine.
          There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
            Ok back from the Museum. Stood there and looked at two of the cars side by side. To me the one without the wing just doesn’t look right. Like the rear deck just slopes to the back and then nothing, like there is no ending spot. I’ll take the wing on mine.
            Problem is, one needs to order the Z51 option in order to get it from BG. The work around is going to be buy it and the splitter ala cart from one of our vendors after the fact. No doubt theirs will look at heck of a lot better anyway.
            Last edited by MikeyTX; 09-01-2019, 08:17 PM. Reason: added to post
            2017 Arctic White Z06 Convertible 2LZ Trim, Carbon Flash painted mirrors, Z06 Spectra Gray-painted with machined groove aluminum wheels, Adrenaline Red w/Black Seating surfaces, A8, Carbon fiber instrument panel. Life Member, Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

Problem is, one needs to order the Z51 option in order to get it from BG. The work around is going to be buy it and the splitter ala cart from one of our vendors after the fact. No doubt theirs will look at heck of a lot better anyway.
              True you do have to order Z51 to get it. Just like you have to order 2LT to get the rear view camera.
              At least the aftermarket can do the wing.
              I want Z51 anyway so not an issue for me.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Lance's tops View Post

You can't delete anything from a package , all or nothing .
                For me the easy solution is to order the Z51 package AND REMOVE the wing.If necessary plugs can be painted and installed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

I agree, I'm not wild about the looks of the Chevy wings. Anxious to see what an after-market design would look like

Comment

Stay tuned. I am specifically looking for ACS Composite’s options. Their visual designs and quality of execution are excellent. (Have some of their products on my C7, as do friends, and I will do again for my C8.
                    GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

The rear end is already busy enough without a spoiler. Plus the spoiler "spoils" the flowing lines and profile of the car...imo.

Comment

I think without the spoiler the C8 looks a bit naked to me. The Z51 wing looks great, but would love to see a real pic of the High wing option too.

Comment

I like the Z51 spoiler but am interested in an ACS Composite alternative.

Comment

I liked the spoiler in pictures. Seeing it in person changed my mind. I prefer the look without. But to each his own - others will like it better with.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X