Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Spoiler or No Spoiler - Side by Side Comparison Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler or No Spoiler - Side by Side Comparison Pics

Which do you prefer? Spoiler or No Spoiler? Here are some side by side comparison photos I took this morning at Corvettes at Carlisle.

​​​​​​​

Personally, I prefer the no spoiler look but I recognize the added downforce benefit that it provides to a Z51 Performance enhanced auto. It's somewhat of a Catch-22.

Comment

No spoiler for me in my 2lt "base" Blade Silver. My browser is having trouble keeping up with you jag. Keep going!

Comment

No spoiler! Put one on each of my C7s as they looked perfect, but the lines of the C8 look great without one.

Comment

I’d like a spoiler.......but not that one....
          Although, I think that spoiler in black on the colored cars looks better....
          Last edited by Meldoon; 08-23-2019, 11:46 AM.
          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Very much a personal taste issue. I prefer the clean look with no spoiler, but understand those who like it. Who, in all honesty, needs it unless you track it?

Comment

If they made an adjustable wing that would go completely flat I would probably pay an extra $4,000 for it even if it added extra weight.

Zora are you listening?

Comment

Can you do a comparison between the bright wheels and the black wheels? I still can’t decide which ones to go with. I like them both.

Comment

The non spoiler car looks really long without the spoiler. The spoiler breaks up the long rear end IMO. Me likey the Z51 spoiler for sure. Just not in any of these colors though. Oh and a black spoiler on a red car. Or a body colored spoiler on a black car .....lol
                  Last edited by MikeC8; 08-23-2019, 12:24 PM.
                  C8. 2LT Z51. Order status 3000

Comment

That’s not funny.... Click image for larger version

Name:	6CE31E2D-05BE-41AE-9610-99C1FFCC23B2.png
Views:	814
Size:	942.7 KB
ID:	63081
                    Attached Files
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

The no spoiler looks cleaner and the body lines flow better without it, to my eye.

Comment

After seeing them in person today, even these photos don't really make the difference clear, IMHO. I think the spoiler looks OK in the photos, but really don't care for it in real life. Glad I don't really want a Z51.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

While I think it looks better without, and would look great with active aero, I am OK with the Z51 spoiler. It serves a function at a reasonable cost vs complexity of active aero, and will not be in the way like the high wing option. I don't lose my mind over it like some on the other forum.

Matter of what you like. For example, I like this better than C7 Z06 rear end.

Would still like to see a side by side C7 and C8 straight on the rear of the cars parked together to see height difference.
                          Last edited by 68roadster; 08-23-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I hate this ... really want Z51 ... really do NOT want the spoiler. Tough call ... thanks jag!

Comment

Jag, thank you so much for the photos!

I understand the need for spoiler for those who push the car to it's limit on track, but I really prefer the clean look with no spoiler. I think it looks more exotic without. I am now considering dropping the Z51. I wish there was a spoiler delete option.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X