Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Torch Red 3LT Z51 with Natural Dipped Interior (Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torch Red 3LT Z51 with Natural Dipped Interior (Pics)

One of the show cars at Corvettes at Carlisle is this Torch Red 3LT Z51 with Natural Dipped Interior. Pricing shown as optioned.

​​​​​​​

You got the show jag. Its almost like I'm there!

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work posting these shots for us Jag, much appreciated.

Another data point in the great rocker debate -- the build list does not include the STI option but the car does have body colored rockers. This supports your explanation in another thread about body color being standard, and that's what shows in the Visualizer. But in that case, what the heck is option STI? It sounds like body color versions of the rockers, but are they really needed if the car already comes that way? And if so, how can we specify the black rockers instead?

Comment

Thanks Jag for the photos. That natural dipped interior is really pretty but almost too monochromatic. Such troubles.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thanks Jeremy.......

All the additional color cars arrived shortly AFTER we left....

Funny how the perforated seats look "dirty" on this natural dipped as they do on the Sky Gray. I realize it's just due to the perforation, but sure gives off a less than desirable look from certain angles. Glad I'm ordering two toned Red and Black seats.... the perforated area is BLACK !!!
          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber: door handles & boomerangs, Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins, Rear Hatch Vents, engine bay surround pieces, and front grill trim.

Comment

No STI but body colored side rockers... so that is standard and STI are the black ones apparently? Confusing
            2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
            2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
            2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
            2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
              Funny how the perforated seats look "dirty" on this natural dipped as they do on the Sky Gray. I realize it's just due to the perforation, but sure gives off a less than desirable look from certain angles.
              Yeah, I noticed that a while back. The GT2 perforations vary in spacing -- tighter spacing in the middle and wider at the sides -- so at a glance it looks slightly dirty (in photos anyway). The GT1 seats have consistent spacing of the perforations and doesn't have that appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by gthal View Post
                No STI but body colored side rockers... so that is standard and STI are the black ones apparently? Confusing
                Well I wasn’t confused before but now I definitely am

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Yeah, I noticed that a while back. The GT2 perforations vary in spacing -- tighter spacing in the middle and wider at the sides -- so at a glance it looks slightly dirty (in photos anyway). The GT1 seats have consistent spacing of the perforations and doesn't have that appearance.
                  I found they looked the same way in person, too.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

is the console leather or suede. It looks suede and it looks dirty?

Also, my first mod on my C8 will be to take those bright silver door speaker covers off and have them powder coated satin black.
                    Last edited by NavySuppo; 08-23-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I was confused earlier also The STI discrepancy was explained to me yesterday by a forum dealer. It's true the SHORTER rockers come painted according to body color without having to do anything. The STI RPO code actually is for the LONGER ROCKERS with the triangular piece towards rear wheel housing, (see--Z51 LPO Ground Effects Kits--i.e. 5V7). STI code actually only gives THE longer rocker panels, in the body color, (front splitter kits--5V7/5VM/5W8 also have the longer rocker, but must order Z51 &/or High Wing in order to get the kit). Not sure how you'd get the plastic shorter rockers, I didn't ask that question-sorry! As stated in "Exterior Options" list: STI--Rocker Panel EXTENSIONS, Molded in color: $ 550.00. At least that's what I was told. Please don't shoot the messenger if I was given the wrong info. I hope this helps.
                      2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

Originally posted by DR X View Post
                        I was confused earlier also The STI discrepancy was explained to me yesterday by a forum dealer. It's true the SHORTER rockers come painted according to body color without having to do anything. The STI RPO code actually is for the LONGER ROCKERS with the triangular piece towards rear wheel housing, (see--Z51 LPO Ground Effects Kits--i.e. 5V7). STI code actually only gives THE longer rocker panels, in the body color, (front splitter kits--5V7/5VM/5W8 also have the longer rocker, but must order Z51 &/or High Wing in order to get the kit). Not sure how you'd get the plastic shorter rockers, I didn't ask that question-sorry! As stated in "Exterior Options" list: STI--Rocker Panel EXTENSIONS, Molded in color: $ 550.00. At least that's what I was told. Please don't shoot the messenger if I was given the wrong info. I hope this helps.
                        According to Jeremy in another discussion, Harlan at GM told him STI was the shorter rockers in black. You can get the extended rockers but it isn't STI.
                        2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Carbon | Comp Seats
                        2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
                        2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
                        2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

Originally posted by DR X View Post
                          The torch red car and the ceramic matrix gray car at the reveal had SHORT black rockers. If your dealer is correct, the reveal cars cannot be ordered as they were shown.
                          Last edited by CaryBob; 08-24-2019, 07:44 AM.
                          Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

First of all, if I gave incorrect/wrong info regarding the side rocker panels (short or long ones) I sincerely apologize and will make sure I don't give any more false info on the forum. I only forwarded the info I was given by a forum dealer. But, if looking at the pictures of the red car in thread #1 above, it shows the order form, and definitely red--short rockers on that car. STI is not included on that list & they're painted in the car's body color. I just placed my C8 order with my local dealer & did not include STI, but am expecting my short rockers to be painted black, matching my chosen body color. I guess I'll find out when my beauty arrives next year !!!
                            2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

This the car I sat in. I was not a fan of the suede seats, steering wheel and console. Just my opinion of course, it was very nicely done, but I can't imagine keeping that looking good on a DD.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X