Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Various C8 Accessories and Options (Pics and Observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various C8 Accessories and Options (Pics and Observations)

There are a number of accessories and options that I took photos of today at Corvettes at Carlisle. I've included my comments with each photo.

In addition to a 2020 Stingray on display inside the portable Corvette Building that is now on site at Corvettes at Carlisle, you'll find color samples, seat samples, and C8 accessories.

The GT1 Seat has seat belt positioning slot that is similar to that of the C7 seats.

The GT2 and Competition Seats have a nicer seat belt positioning slot that is secured and released via a strap that snaps in place.

The painted engine covers appear to be a lightweight textured plastic material.

This shows the underside of the painted engine cover.

Piloti is ready for the C8.

The engine appearance package carbon fiber pieces can be easily removed via two screws and one tab that hold the pieces in place.

Rear Corvette script in red, white, and blue.

The textured plastic side molding is an option. The body color side molding comes standard on the 2020 Stingray.

This is the body color side molding in smooth finish.
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 08-23-2019, 07:26 AM.

Jagamajajaran, those are excellent pictures with extremely useful and helpful information! Thank you very much.
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You're welcome, my friend!

Comment

So the STI option is a smooth body coloured rocker. If you don't order STI you get a black textured rocker as standard?
        Last edited by Sparro; 08-23-2019, 10:48 AM.
        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Jagamajajaran, thank you for great photos and descriptions!

Comment

Thanks jag ... that answers a few questions. Especially the lower side molding.

Comment

Great coverage jag! Keep em coming.

Comment

I made a correction above: The textured plastic side molding is an option. The body color side molding comes standard on the 2020 Stingray.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                  I made a correction above: The textured plastic side molding is an option. The body color side molding comes standard on the 2020 Stingray.
                  I don’t believe that’s accurate. The option code STI is for body colored side molding. If you don’t opt into that cost, the standard is the textured black plastic.

Comment

it would be nice to see the high wing on a car... Keep you eyes open.
                    My C8:
                    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post
                      I don’t believe that’s accurate. The option code STI is for body colored side molding. If you don’t opt into that cost, the standard is the textured black plastic.
                      I really hope we can get this answered definitely soon. Between the confusion of the Visualizer v.s. the Order Guide plus what seems like different info from different reps, it's hard to know what's will be on the car when it arrives. I'd be really disappointed if it showed up with body color rockers when I expected black plastic.

Anyone know who would be the best person in the Corvette team to ask for a 100% guaranteed straight answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I really hope we can get this answered definitely soon. Between the confusion of the Visualizer v.s. the Order Guide plus what seems like different info from different reps, it's hard to know what's will be on the car when it arrives. I'd be really disappointed if it showed up with body color rockers when I expected black plastic.

Anyone know who would be the best person in the Corvette team to ask for a 100% guaranteed straight answer?
                        Which one is standard. I hope its not the textured black plastic.
                        Attached Files
                        2020 1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
                        Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

Comment

Thanks Jag! Hey I was correct after all in suspecting that the script could have been white on a white car!

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

I didn’t realize there was confusion until this post. I’m not sure why he was told they come in body color when that’s clearly an upgrade and costs are associated accordingly. There would be no reason to offer free body colored rockers but charge for black plastic.

If you read the STI code it states exactly this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post
                              I didn’t realize there was confusion until this post. I’m not sure why he was told they come in body color when that’s clearly an upgrade and costs are associated accordingly. There would be no reason to offer free body colored rockers but charge for black plastic.
                              That's what I've been thinking and it makes sense, but note that the "build sheet" for other display cars like this red one that Jag shot do not include the STI option and yet the rockers are body color. Also, that's what shows up in the Visualizer. Granted, the "build sheet" could be abbreviated and missing all options actually applied. Anyway, confusing to me and that's why I hope we get official word from the top.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X