MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Single Most Important C8 Asset In Your Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Most Important C8 Asset In Your Opinion

Pick the one thing that excites you the most. While we wait for news to break out from Carlisle over the next few days, what is the most exciting C8 component to you?

Is it is exterior?

It’s interior?

It’s performance

Or?

To me, it is it’s looks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE5ED4B9-0A87-4957-AD8D-C334FC284675.jpeg
Views:	1777
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	62522

And to you?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

In the intervening years since I got away from the '84 Corvette nightmare, had many Porsches, several NSXs and even a Ferrari. The absolute best of that grouping was the NSX, a car that did everything right with a unique precision and usability. For me, putting the the engine in the correct location drew me back to the C8 with great anticipation of a superb handling car that is quite attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Pick the one thing that excites you the most.

Is it is exterior?

It’s interior?

It’s performance

Or?

To me, it is it’s looks.
      For me, it's the impressive blend of attributes - the overall package.

If I had to pick one characteristic, for the Coupe I'd say it's the beautiful presentation of the engine. This is the main reason I'm considering the Coupe over the Convertible.
      My C8:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

It's the overall look of the car. True to the Corvette history, but embracing the future. The front engine Corvette had reached the limits. Now, the boundaries have been reset, much more to come in the future.
        2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
        2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

2020 C8 in Sebring Orange 2LT with Z51, Magnetic Ride, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Front Lift, Orange Seat Belts, Black Interior, GT2 seats, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Mid-Engine & DCT
          GAN Blade Silver Metallic; DXO Midnight Gray Full Length Dual Racing Stripe; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; AH2 GT2 Napa leather seats; TU7 Seats Two-Tone Jet Black/Adrenaline Red; R6X Custom Interior Trim and Seat Combination; 38S Adrenaline Red custom leather stitch; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6F Bright Red Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; 5JR vis CF mirror caps; ERI Battery Protection pkg.

Comment

Looks looks looks. If that wasn’t spot on then the rest didn’t matter. Look at the Supra for example.
            2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

ME........

Comment

Mid-Engine for this guy.

Comment

Like others, the overall package. I will also flag the OEM all season tires. That will expand the months of usage for many folks. The C7 with summer only tires shouldn't be driven under 40F. With the C8 AS tires, I don't think there is a low temperature restriction at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift93 View Post
                    In the intervening years since I got away from the '84 Corvette nightmare, had many Porsches, several NSXs and even a Ferrari. The absolute best of that grouping was the NSX, a car that did everything right with a unique precision and usability. For me, putting the the engine in the correct location drew me back to the C8 with great anticipation of a superb handling car that is quite attractive.
                    Agree Swift93, my 91 NSX is a great car and the complete package. I'm hoping the C8 hits or exceeds those marks, so to answer the question, for me is that it's a combination of all the elements.

Comment

I agree with everyone's comments above. To me it is the mid engine platform that Chevy has laid down. Yes they have kept the Corvettes design heritage in the C8 but the performance of this car is great now but my imagination is going crazy on what is to come next!

Comment

Doing what Zora always wanted...

Comment

Is it is exterior?

It’s interior?

It’s performance

Or?
                          For me it’s the design leap of the mid-Engine and how exquisite the integrated design of the exterior and interior is and how it perfectly frames the fantastic performance .In the aviation world , where I’ve spent over 45 years , we say “if it looks right ,it flys right”
                          this C8 looks right
                          And I can’t wait to drive it.
                          It’s the real deal.
                          2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                          6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                          2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                          2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post

For me it’s the design leap of the mid-Engine and how exquisite the integrated design of the exterior and interior is and how it perfectly frames the fantastic performance .In the aviation world , where I’ve spent over 45 years , we say “if it looks right ,it flys right”
                            this C8 looks right
                            And I can’t wait to drive it.
                            It’s the real deal.
                            Does that include the 737MAX:-) Just kidding. I'm retired from Continental/United.

Comment

Most impressive thing to me is the performance as a naturally aspirated V8. And price (if I get it pick 2)

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X