5VM Ground Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5VM Ground Effects

Has anyone seen video or picture (not renders) of 5VM Ground Effects installed on the C8? I am trying to figure out what the front splitter looks like with the 5VM pacakge, is it visible CF?

Yes, 5VM is visible carbon fiber front splitter and visible carbon fiber extended rocker, e.g., the following (best pictures we yet have). Having seen vis CF on the C7’s splitter and Rickover skirts, it looks much better than below, looking excellent if you are vis CF fan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B023287A-9145-494D-89B6-5EDCE3A8172D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	62503Click image for larger version  Name:	11B445E9-EB4C-4EEB-B328-4C93B67DFD0F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	62504Click image for larger version  Name:	2AE2C729-D79D-406C-8EAD-556992AECE74.png Views:	0 Size:	735.8 KB ID:	62505

However, what you are seeing in the last of the three pictures is additionally the visible carbon fiber grille.
    Last edited by John; 08-22-2019, 06:18 AM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Those visible carbon fiber rockers are giving me...feelings.

Comment

I love the visible CF rockers, but for 5000 smackers, they sure aren't cheap.
        Bob Sliwa
        "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
        Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
        Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
        2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Yes, 5VM is visible carbon fiber front splitter and visible carbon fiber extended rocker, e.g., the following (best pictures we yet have). Having seen vis CF on the C7’s splitter and Rickover skirts, it looks much better than below, looking excellent if you are vis CF fan.

However, what you are seeing in the last of the three pictures is additionally the visible carbon fiber grille.
          Thank you John!! Great photos! It looks awesome with 5VM. Although I know aftermarket will be cheaper, I will order mine with 5VM.

Comment

Aftermarket will be what, about half that price?
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
              Aftermarket will be what, about half that price?
              I would say $1,000-$1,500 less for quality after market parts. For C7 Z06, Caravaggio CF ground effects was $1,000 cheaper than GM. Then you had to pay for installation.

Comment

I have decided against Z51 mainly due to rear spoiler. Now when I use the configurator. I can add the visible CF side rockers, but when I try to add the front splitter under the Ground Effects, if forces me to select the high wing.

I would like to get the visible CF front splitter and visible CF side rockers but not the high wing. Is that doable?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X