Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Carlisle & NCM 25th Questions You Want Asked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlisle & NCM 25th Questions You Want Asked

Click image for larger version

Name:	799CA663-E7F8-4CF8-9B1D-E8DC21DFEC45.jpeg
Views:	6561
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	61895

Please list your questions you would like asked. Keith, Jeremy, and I and other MECF members will do our best. One goes to these events to have fun, and among many thousands of other attendees also asking questions and our listening to seminars and more, there are never any guarantees that any one would get specific answered.

First before posting, please check all previous posts and see if your question has already been asked.

Second, we do not ask the Corvette team a single question about “future potential product.” Therefore every question below about even the HT convertible will be deleted, as well every question about future C8 versions, motor changes and similar.

Knowing that, please post your questions. If you see your post deleted with a replacement notation, “please see the OP,” that means your question did not meet the above two thread posting standards.

Thank you.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

With the engine appearance package, is there a switch that controls the lights in the engine bay that can be regulated by the driver? If not then when are lights visible?

Comment

^^^^

UPDATE: Per Tadge @ Carlisle, NO switch, only on when hatch is opened..... You watch, I'll have mine on a switch in no time !!!!

I asked the GM Rep this same question when I saw the tour car in Hazelton, PA late July. He said it will light up when the hatch is opened, as well as on a switch that you can control.

I will re confirm this when at Carlisle this coming Thursday.
      Last edited by Strake; 08-27-2019, 01:00 PM. Reason: Added UPDATE note
      3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

Lost the original thread and it probably is already on your list, but perhaps the approximate full range of how low or high the car can be lowered/raised with the Z51 (and if the spanner wrench will be the tool to do that this time around).

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
          ^^^^

I asked the GM Rep this same question when I saw the tour car in Hazelton, PA late July. He said it will light up when the hatch is opened, as well as on a switch that you can control.

I will re confirm this when at Carlisle this coming Thursday.
          I think I read your response to that somewhere before, but I haven’t seen anything from the photos or videos indicating there’s a switch. I hope there is

Comment

• 1. What are each gear's ratio for DCT, are they the same for base and Z51 ?
            • 2. What is the rev limiter set to ?
            • 3. What octane of gas is required ?
            • 4. How many engine oil drains plugs are there and where located ?
            • 5. Where are the jack points on frame and does it still require using hockey pucks ?
            • 6. Is it true with the Z51 with full wing that top end is 10 plus MPH less then base model and if so was the C8 speed tested to verify ?
            • 7. What are the restrictions is there for either base or ZR1 in adjusting coil-overs with lift system ?
            • 8. What is the volume amount when doing a full engine oil change including oil filter ?
            • 9. How is the fluid level checked for the DCT and can that be done without getting under the C8 ?
            • 10. If changing wheel and/or tire size will a controller auto factor in so MPG gauge is correct ?
            • 11. Will there be published procedure when adjusting corner height via coil-overs to front and rear wheel alignment ?
            • 12. Is there new specs for C8 battery tender is or is the one GM uses for C7 meet those specs ?
            • 13. what was in design to help limit under-steer mid engine designs normally have ?
            Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
            1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

1. What is the distance from the center of the front wheel to the tip of the front lip on a Z51 C8. I am trying to determine how the front overhang will be with my driveway that has a steep first section.

2. I would love to know the exact dimensions of the Front Trunk(Frunk) and rear trunk.

3. Would love to know the quarter mile time but I am sure that has been asked a million times.

4. Does the Front lift also trigger the Front camera when you activate it? I assume that if you want the front lifted you also want to see what is there?

5. Are there any proximity sensors on the C8? For example will it beep if you are about to hit something going forward or in reverse?

6. Will it apply the brakes if you are about to hit something either at low speeds or high speeds?

7. How will they handle delivery of Z51 cars in winter ❄️ 🥶 locations if the Z51 tires have minimum temperature limits?

8. Can you put the all season tires on a Z51 car without any issues? Will all season tires be available from the dealer at time of delivery in case we want a spare set of tires?

9. Is MPG tracked by the PDR?

Comment

What is the weight difference of Carbon Fiber Roof Panel Compared to Body Colored? If ordering Carbon Flash Stripes is it possible to not put them on the Carbon Fiber Roof Panel? The Visualizer shows them over the carbon fiber roof panel.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 (18).jpg Views:	522 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	61921
                Last edited by Frenzy36; 08-25-2019, 02:46 PM.
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

1). Is the red engine cover the same color as the valve cover.
                  2). I am low on the pre order list with MacMulkin and am bummed about the constraint on 1LT. Is IT POSSIBLE TAHT THIS MAY BE LIFTED?? I wanted to spend my money on performance.
                  Last edited by John; 08-20-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

At what mileage is the first oil change due? How many free oil changes will we get?
                    Last edited by John; 08-20-2019, 04:44 PM. Reason: 3rd question removed as it violated the OP thread standards.

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

How will they handle delivery of Z51 cars in winter ❄️ 🥶 locations if the Z51 tires have minimum temperature limits?

Can you put the all season tires on a Z51 car without any issues? Will all season tires be available from the dealer at time of delivery in case we want a spare set of tires?
                      I second all of these questions. How are we going to take delivery in February with the Z51 tires?

How do they even transport those on the trucks to the dealer in the winter?

My attached garage is not heated. So if it's zero outside, it's prolly 20 degrees inside of the garage.
                      Bob Sliwa
                      "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
                      Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
                      Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
                      2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd

7. How will they handle delivery of Z51 cars in winter ❄️ 🥶 locations if the Z51 tires have minimum temperature limits?

8. Can you put the all season tires on a Z51 car without any issues? Will all season tires be available from the dealer at time of delivery in case we want a spare set of tires?

7. GM will continue Z51’s in the 48 states to deliver Z51’s year around as they did the entire C7 generation. While there one week when the temperatures at the Toledo, CSX rail yard was consistently between 0-10 F, the C7’s sitting there for up two two weeks, a very small percentage of those cars had cracked tires — all of which were fully taken care of by GM/Michelin under warranty, i.e., cracked C7 tires were a rare anomaly. Mike Furman at Criswell who has delivered approaching 2,000 C7, never had one of his customer bring to his attention a cracked tire during the entire C7 generation.

8. Yes, tires are switchable back and forth — for the wheels are exactly the same. It is between you and your dealer (and Michelin’s availability) as to whether they will have A/S tires at the time of delivery, and all costs for switching tires and/or buying an additional set will again be 100% between you and your dealership.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My list. Some personal, some others have asked here:
                          • Do all C8s have the Z button, or only the Z51?
                          • Are the brake lights superpositioned with the turn signals or the taillights? We've seen both on the road.
                          • Do base models have the same headers as the Z51, with or without the NPP option?
                          • What replaces the carbon fiber accents in the engine compartment without the engine appearance option?
                          • Can the power folding mirrors be folded while the car is running / in motion (as when pulling into a garage)?
                          • Which is quieter, base exhaust or NPP exhaust in stealth?
                          • 48 volt electrical system was rumored. Does the C8 have it?
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                            1). Is the red engine cover the same color as the valve cover.
                            2). I am low on the pre order list with MacMulkin and am bummed about the constraint on 1LT. Is IT POSSIBLE TAHT THIS MAY BE LIFTED?? I wanted to spend my money on performance not fluff.
                            Constraints are temporary, and as GM has announced that one is going to end in approximately 60 days. Additionally as noted several times, there are a myriad of other factors that come into play, and thus is it impossible to predict any single vehicle’s delivery. Once mine got moved up 60 days, passing all ahead of me in line, because of a fluke. And as quite a few C7 earliest made cars found out, their cars when into a special repair (to this day unknown outside of GM), which resulted in car’s made way behind them being delivered earlier.

Comment

[Quote=meyerweb]Can the power folding mirrors be folded while the car is running / in motion (as when pulling into a garage)?

As shown to us in the video posted by docprego, the answer is yes.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X