Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Canadians, our pricing will be available...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_sim View Post
    We will find out for sure soon but the price in the US was announced to be "under 60K" when the car was first released but then when the price was released it included the destination freight in that under 60k price. Our Canadian price could still be under 70K including the destination freight.
    And in the States, for the C7 the destination charge is added on top, just as it is in Canada. So hopefully for the C8 that means they'll continue following the precedent set in US. Maybe not too much longer until we know for sure! :cross-fingers:

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

And in the States, for the C7 the destination charge is added on top, just as it is in Canada. So hopefully for the C8 that means they'll continue following the precedent set in US. Maybe not too much longer until we know for sure! :cross-fingers:
      Should know in a day anyway. (hopeful)

I asked yesterday if there were any differences for Canada, and got a NO answer.

Today I asked if maybe Canadians could get the base HP A/S tires with the Z51 package. I'm waiting.

The wheels are not Z51 specific so there's no reason the A/S tires couldn't come with that package.

Comment

^^^ I hope you're right.
        By the way, I'm in the first 5 convertibles for Canada.
        2020 C8 Torch Red/Natural Spider: In the top 5 of first Canadian deliveries.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
          ^^^ I hope you're right.
          By the way, I'm in the first 5 convertibles for Canada.
          Although I hope you are correct, I don't know how a dealer can tell you that. It assumes no other dealer will get cars before they do. That might be true... it might not. Constraints play into it as well. They might speculate but considering they don't even have their convertible allocations yet, speculation is all it can be at this point.

I'm getting the 1st car at my dealer... all they can tell me is it is THEIR first car. They can't say for certain whether any other dealer in the country will get a car first. I might be their first but the country's 20th... I might be the country's 3rd... who knows. Based on what they tell me and all of the research and discussions I've had with those who know the process really well, it is not so clear cut that any dealer can necessarily make a promise like that.

Again... I hope you ARE correct
          Last edited by gthal; 09-10-2019, 10:21 PM.
          2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Adrenaline Red | Carbon | Comp Seats | Ground Effects | High Wing ... on order
          2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
          2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
          2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

Originally posted by gthal View Post

Although I hope you are correct, I don't know how a dealer can tell you that. It assumes no other dealer will get cars before they do. That might be true... it might not. Constraints play into it as well. They might speculate but considering they don't even have their convertible allocations yet, speculation is all it can be at this point.

I'm getting the 1st car at my dealer... all they can tell me is it is THEIR first car. They can't say for certain whether any other dealer in the country will get a car first. I might be their first but the country's 20th... I might be the country's 3rd... who knows. Based on what they tell me and all of the research and discussions I've had with those who know the process really well, it is not so clear cut that any dealer can necessarily make a promise like that.

Again... I hope you ARE correct
            I am buying from Canada's top corvette dealership. They get the most allocations along with the 2nd top dealer in St. Catherines. Although Bikerjulio will probably say his dealership is number 1. Lol. They are basing it on what their allocations were for the C7. They know what their C8 coupe allocations are and I'm told was inline with their initial C7 allocations. So having said that they are speculating what their convertible allocation will be based on past and present numbers. But the take away here is they will have at least 5 convertible allocations in their first allotment (probably more) and one of those 5 has my name and deposit on it. He told me I was their first customer to request a convertible. And because WN is the countries top dealership along with BC they will get more cars to their customers before the little guys that only get a few allocations. I guess time will tell and I don't even want the car till April at the earliest but I'd rather have it in May. This timeline lines up with the rumoured timelines for the convertibles. The rumours have been bang on for the coupe so I'm hoping the convertible won't be any different.

Comment

Still no pricing joy at 8am EST and coupe orders will start being picked up tomorrow

Comment

And "My" dealer says "I" get the first convertible......…………...…... ...but we are in Alberta so he probably doesn't have the volume allocation that eastern dealers have. Doesn't matter much as I'll be in Arizona for the winter with my C7 Convertible. I still need to see one in person and get the actual price before I make a final decision.
                1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
                1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
                1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
                2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
                2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
                2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

Originally posted by BMBLBEE View Post
                  And "My" dealer says "I" get the first convertible......…………...…... ...but we are in Alberta so he probably doesn't have the volume allocation that eastern dealers have. Doesn't matter much as I'll be in Arizona for the winter with my C7 Convertible. I still need to see one in person and get the actual price before I make a final decision.
                  I am in no way saying I will get my car before anyone else. I'm talking about my dealers allocation and where I am in that allocation. From what my dealer tells me is that WN gets about 40-50 cars in their initial allocations which I assume BC will get about the same. But the smaller dealers get about 3-5 cars. That doesn't mean that someone somewhere else who also has and early allocation will not get it at the same time when they arrive at the dealers lots.
                  That's the main reason I went there and not somewhere else more local to where I live. I contacted OMS in Oshawa which is a big GM dealership but was told their initial allocation was only 3 cars. I didn't want to chance not getting one early so I went to the big boy corvette dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by the_sim View Post

That doesn't mean anything. We will find out for sure soon but the price in the US was announced to be "under 60K" when the car was first released but then when the price was released it included the destination freight in that under 60k price. Our Canadian price could still be under 70K including the destination freight.
                    The built sheet for my car includes a line for "destination charge" so I'm going out on a limb and guessing that there will be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

The built sheet for my car includes a line for "destination charge" so I'm going out on a limb and guessing that there will be one.
                      Not necessarily. It is always broken down that way regardless. The only way to know for sure is to wait till official pricing is released.

Comment

There is a destination charge in the US too. Their price is $58,900 plus destination charge of $1,095 for a total of $59,995. Our price could be $67,995 + $2,000 destination change. It's all I'm saying.
                        Last edited by the_sim; 09-11-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I agree with the above. My build sheet also had a spot for destination. On an invoice it will always be broken down to show the charges. So we still have hope that the base price of 69,995 includes destination.

Comment

My order was in a batch submitted yesterday. Still no pricing.

Comment

My order was in a batch submitted yesterday. Still no pricing.
                              I am so disappointed in this process. I think that it is unreasonable to have gone this long as a Canadian consumer without knowing the price. Especially when there was a batch submission already. I would have liked to have known so many more things about pricing before locking things in.

When the C7 came out in Canada just before production started (And after the initial price was announced) GM increased the price by $2,000. This was the case for those that had a deposit down for a long time; went through the ordering process, order was accepted and was being built, and the old price was agreed upon. If you argued with the price increase then the response from GM was that the car was in demand so somebody else will take it if you cancel.

My suspicion is that instead of doing this same thing in Canada as they did on the C7, once they saw the interest in the C8 they internally decided to raise the price that they were going to charge (Reported to be just under 70k on launch day by Canadian journalists). So now GM has to change all of the ad materials to reflect the newly raised price; but they aren't going to get into much trouble as they never officially announced that it would be under 70k in Canada. I think that GM Canada will be able to fumble through it by playing with the delivery fee; something like MSRP is 69,998 but delivery is 2,495 when initially it was supposed to be 69,998 including delivery.

Perhaps the packages and options will be adjusted upward as well.

So now that I have a deposit down, my order was batch submitted, if I don't like what I see when the price comes out I can suck it up and lose my deposit that was a few thousand?

The C8 will be fantastic, it looks great, the performance numbers are great; but there are other options out there and this process has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I might just be a whiny negative person right now as work sucks; but I am disappointed as this is something that I have been looking forward to for years.

Comment

Although my order wasn't submitted in their batch today because I opted to wait for the vert submission. I was told by my dealer that because pricing is not yet released if I was to pull out I would still get my deposit back.

How did you guys build out your C8s?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X