MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Canadians, our pricing will be available...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

So you're saying that on Sept 12th ... "It's go time!"
    Well for you 'muricans it is. Looks like we're getting the "poor cousins" treatment, so who knows.

2020 C8 Corvette
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

I am also going for a no constraints build.

Torch Red, 2LT, bright red calipers, carbon flash open spoke wheels, high wing spoiler in black, red seat belts, red leather on GT1 Seats, and performance exhaust.

Of course these are subject to change when pricing comes out. If Z51 is similar to what I will pay for High Wing spoiler and performance exhaust I will just go with Z51.

I am hoping to keep my price below 85k.
      For the moment I'm using US pricing, and then trying different "GM exchange rates".

The high wing spoiler is really an accessory. I'd just stick with the Z51 package. I'm told that 90% of the early buyers are doing that. I don't see keeping that spec under $85k CDN. $90k if we're lucky.
      2020 C8 Corvette
      2LT, Z51 + MRC
      Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
        That's like saying this...........

Joking aside, we'll have to compare our ordering and delivery. I'm going for a build with no constraints in month one. How about you?

Click image for larger version Name:	f474ba60-a762-4146-9b7c-d1aa93464662_screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	67847
        My build has no constraints on it either. I'll post my build sheet, which is just missing prices for some reason??? Lol
        I went into the dealership in August and submitted the order, I'm in the first round of deliveries for Canada. I'm just on the fence on whether I should add red seat belts.

Attached Files
        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

My build has no constraints on it either. I'll post my build sheet, which is just missing prices for some reason??? Lol
          I went into the dealership in August and submitted the order, I'm in the first round of deliveries for Canada. I'm just on the fence on whether I should add red seat belts.
          I should also be in the first round, to Canada.

Our builds are similar except for colours. I'm dropping interest in front lift after the "non-adjustability" issues came up. But it really depends on what's more important based on what you need.
          2020 C8 Corvette
          2LT, Z51 + MRC
          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

I should also be in the first round, to Canada.

Our builds are similar except for colours. I'm dropping interest in front lift after the "non-adjustability" issues came up. But it really depends on what's more important based on what you need.
            Yes, I was also thinking about dropping the front end lift as well. I honestly don't think I'll need it. I'd like the ability to lower instead. I'm also thinking about this whole Z51 stuff too after the leaked spec sheet. I mostly likely won't ever track the car. So I was thinking about possibly dropping Z51 and STI. Then adding NPP for the sound, and also adding 5V7 which gives you the Z51 splitter and STI. It will look like a Z51 and I won't notice the .1 second slower times and I could look at the aftermarket for lowering. What are your thoughts on that?
            Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Yes, I was also thinking about dropping the front end lift as well. I honestly don't think I'll need it. I'd like the ability to lower instead. I'm also thinking about this whole Z51 stuff too after the leaked spec sheet. I mostly likely won't ever track the car. So I was thinking about possibly dropping Z51 and STI. Then adding NPP for the sound, and also adding 5V7 which gives you the Z51 splitter and STI. It will look like a Z51 and I won't notice the .1 second slower times and I could look at the aftermarket for lowering. What are your thoughts on that?
              The short GM video on Z51 actually put me off the package. I don't need a "track focused beast" for road use. However NPP is a must have if you don't order Z51.

My strategy is placing an order for the coupe, and maybe changing to a convertible. In which case I'll need to flip the car to someone further down the line. And I'm told that 90% of the orders here are for a Z51.

I personally like the spoilers and the package really isn't that expensive after you price out the NPP.

If I do go for a convertible, in which case it will be a longer term car, then I'll probably leave out Z51.

2020 C8 Corvette
              2LT, Z51 + MRC
              Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

I originally wanted the HTC too. Then when I saw the coupe on the live stream reveal, I liked it's looks and the glass engine bonnet is great. I may also opt for a HTC as well... i'm not sure anymore. I think I'll be happy with the coupe and just call it a day and enjoy the car and keep it for the long term. Once we get official pricing and I know my exact costs, I will have to really consider what I stated above. So many first world problems......

I was also all set on shadow grey metallic, both me and the wife said it was a nice classy colour, but then my kids chimed in (21 year old boy and 18 year old girl) and made me go ferrari red. I like them both and really can't go wrong with either.
                Last edited by Sparro; 09-04-2019, 07:32 PM.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Well for you 'muricans it is. Looks like we're getting the "poor cousins" treatment, so who knows.
                  I'm up here in the Frozen North as well. Not close enough to either of your #1 dealers though so I'm buying local. Probably won't get mine until mid-year.

Comment

Well, Canada's #1 selling Corvette dealer tells me they are submitting orders (that will include mine), on Wednesday 11th. Which would happen to agree with the date for GM receiving orders - Sep 12th. I will update this later today after I've had a little chat. Pricing would be nice at this point.
                    2020 C8 Corvette
                    2LT, Z51 + MRC
                    Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Waiting on pricing... I am going for ELB so I will not be an early order anyway so the HTC should be out by then. After seeing them in person and crawling in and around the C8 I am more than impressed and need to change some options. STI does not look good in person, It does match the splitter but is a hatched plastic pattern. Interior carbon makes the interior look too busy and is way expensive. Engine dress up is a must, without it looks industrial.
                      Born Feb 26, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

Well, Canada's #1 selling Corvette dealer tells me they are submitting orders (that will include mine), on Wednesday 11th. Which would happen to agree with the date for GM receiving orders - Sep 12th. I will update this later today after I've had a little chat. Pricing would be nice at this point.
                        Yeah, I would love to see pricing before my order is accepted! I might want to change a few things. If the build that I want touches 90k I would have to consider the value proposition as a new CTS-V is under 90k and a new Camaro ZL1 can be had for under 70K. I think that I would likely de-option my C8 to fit in the 85K range.

Don't get me wrong I want the C8, my order is in, I just need to make sure that I am getting good value compared to other options. This is a big purchase for me; I am committed to be driving a sports car in 2020 as I have been saving for a long time but I don't want to get carried away with the car.

Comment

OK I have an update. Firstly on pricing.

Just as the US Base is $59,995 the Canadian base will be $69,995.

The Canadian pricing has been set and will be released in the next day or so.

Canadian pricing will be no more than a 20% differential to US pricing.

Canadian deliveries will be scheduled alongside US ones. There is no longer a constraint about winter delivery to Canada.

Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-09-2019, 11:33 AM.
                          2020 C8 Corvette
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Canadian deliveries will be scheduled alongside US ones. There is no longer a constraint about winter delivery to Canada.
                            MY HERO! Thank you!

Comment

Maybe I should've ordered my C8 in Canada 🇨🇦. Congrats guys 👍
                              Nice $8k Can discount.

Comment

Nice build.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X