Performance Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Exhaust

Just wondering if members think the performance exhaust option will look, sound, etc. any different and if there will be any noticeable improvement in performance? Not sure if $1195 is worth a bump of 5 in horsepower and torque. Thanks!

If it is anything like the difference on the C7, the answer is "YES." It clearly makes a significant difference in sound and nice difference in looks (slightly bigger tail pipes). A number of C7 owners who did not opt for the Performance exhaust posted regrets and found that it was very expensive to try and retro fit, or opted then for a different exhaust system.
    Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
    Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
    blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Its been suggested by some in the media to go ahead and order the z51 option for five grand as its quite the value at that price and includes the npp exhaust.

i like the dual nature the npp offers....quiet when I need the car to be and then roaring wild as well when I want that sound..,

if your not wanting the z51 I would still recommend the NPP unless you really want more sound than the NPP delivers...

some guys want more sound than even the npp delivers even with the butterfly valves open.

thats a personal choice that you should decide before ordering..

not many feel that way with regards to wanting more sound than the open npp delivers...but a select few do and they go after,arket....

For me personally i really appreciate the dual nature of the NPP really comes in handy sometimes.,

good luck deciding.

Last edited by JB; 08-19-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post
        Just wondering if members think the performance exhaust option will look, sound, etc. any different and if there will be any noticeable improvement in performance? Not sure if $1195 is worth a bump of 5 in horsepower and torque. Thanks!
        I strongly recomend the NPP exhaust. The second largest dealer in the country (MacMulkin) orders it on all unsold cars. If they have a 1LT with only one option it is always the exhaust. Budget minded people that go for the 1LT will like this option when it comes to resale.

Comment

I took a look at sales numbers for the past 2 model years, and close to 90% of cars were sold with NPP.
          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Thanks ZORA 69 and Bikerjulio. That are two powerful pieces of information!
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Spend the money if you can, you won't be disappointed. My wife usually puts it in sport just because she likes to hear it run ..
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Sound, yes (assuming it's similar to the C7) . Performance? No. At less than 1% increase in HP, you'll never see the difference.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Npp exhaust is a nice sounding addition...when those baffles open up at around 3500 rpm is music to the ears of enthusiasts...and when the npp is in normal mode on the highway there is no drome compared to most aftermarket exhausts...

i had a corsa indy on a previous corvette and it was fun but a bit loud on the highway....NPP does away with highway noise thats too much over an hour of driving..NPP is nice technology unless what you want is a screaming loud exhaust sound all the time, if thats what you are looking for then consider an aftermarket exhaust...

the aftermarket exhausts can be much louder all the time

id recommend going to test drive a c6 or c7 with the npp exhaust before you decide to pass on that option..
                  Last edited by JB; 08-19-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Is the NPP driver selectable or a function of throttle position?
                    Save the wave.

Comment

Thanks Zora and Biker. I wasn't going to get it but seems like I have no choice after you educated me.
                      Zeus Bronze HTC, 3LT, Natural Dipped, Q8T Spectra Gray Trident Wheels, NPP Performance Exhaust, ZYC Carbon Flash Exterior Mirrors, DRG Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, E60 Adjustable Front Lift, D84 Carbon Flash Convertible Top and Nacelles, and R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post
                        Is the NPP driver selectable or a function of throttle position?
                        Yes. You can tie it to the driving mode (Tour, Sport, etc.) or set it manually to what you prefer (stealth, track, etc. ). But in Sport and tour mode how far the valves open, and when, is determined by rpm, throttle position, speed, and maybe more.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Yes. You can tie it to the driving mode (Tour, Sport, etc.) or set it manually to what you prefer (stealth, track, etc. ). But in Sport and tour mode how far the valves open, and when, is determined by rpm, throttle position, speed, and maybe more.

So the level of sound is driver controlled then? For example if I’m leaving for work early, I can have it set “quieter “ to not wake the neighbors? How exactly does one control that?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

So the level of sound is driver controlled then? For example if I’m leaving for work early, I can have it set “quieter “ to not wake the neighbors? How exactly does one control that?
                            You can control how it starts. Myself, I pulled the fuse on my Camaro. I had them open all the time. If I have to deal with the neighbors Harley with straight pipes idling for 10 minutes in the morning, they can deal with cold starts, it quiets down on cold starts before a minutes time has elapsed.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJ_Us1mn7A
                            The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

I agree that for $5k the Z51 package which includes the NPP is a good deal. I would imagine that it will also help with resale.
                              Vin # 2539
                              Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X