Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 10/11: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Anyone else “stuck” between choosing the 2LT trim and 1LT with the Z51 package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not stuck. I will give up too much not ordering the 2LT trim line. I like the sportier look of the Z51 performance package, so that's also a must for me.
    2020 C8 Torch Red/Natural Spider: In the top 5 of first Canadian deliveries at Canada's #1 Corvette Dealership!

Comment

If I do order it will be 1LT and Z51. I don't need anything else. My 16 Camaro 1SS rides like a brick on those summer only run flats. I'm very used to it, MRC not needed.

Comment

My c7 2lt z51....works for me so I went the same route on my c8

Comment

As for me get what you can afford....I am sticking 2lt..z51.....just like my c7....All of us c7 owners should be thinking how r we going to sell our c7....which I paid sticker back in 2013 I have under 7000 miles on it

Comment

Nope 2LT, Z51 all day long, I want the better Bose system & all the options.

Comment

Remember its a six year old car and to lease a c7 as described would have cost you x number of dollars to have possession of for six years

low miles have a value yet I remember selling my first corvette with low mileage that I took out on sunny days amd having a daily driver in addition to...i looked at my costs for twonew cars, one being a relatively low mileage 42 month old corvette and I said ..lthat was a stupid thing to do...

thats why I daily my corvettes and rack up the mileage...I learned my lesson on tjat car and realized the actual value of low mileage examples is not as great as the good times I had using it..

i calculate my for sale price based off of what it would have cost me to lease my corvettes or any car actually for the time I owned it...and then Im ok with themproce I list it at to move it without a lot of tire kickers and time wasters.

of course your very low mileage example should get top dollar using my formula ...

with the c8 selling at msrp I would at least discuss with your selling dealer what he would do with a trade in of such low mileage.

with the tax savings if applicable in your state...it might be a prudent move ...

good luck

ifwiw i believe a c7 1lt can be leased out around 700 a month...plus tax tags and bank fee 8400 a year...so for six years yould have spent at a bare minimum of 48 grand..

Ill guess and say 70 grand...dont be mad at me but Ill guess 39 grand s your number .but remember it's just an off the cuff guess.

think of it this way...6 or 7 years of ownership only cost you 31 grand...divided by 6 years would make your yearly cost of ownership at 5 grand a year or 400 a month...almost half the leasing cost..

options usually depreciate at 100 percent in most leases ..

and most importantly Im just guessing so please do not be offended.

we are just shooting the breeze on a forum.
              Last edited by JB; 08-21-2019, 07:09 PM.
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

All of you saying 2LT and Z51 are missing the point. The OP is trying to fit within a budget, and wants to choose between them for that reason. Both is not a relevant answer.

As far as value:

KBB on my C7 'vert, non Z51, 33,000 miles, private sale: $40.5k (not bad considering I paid $60K)

If I change it to a Z51 and leave everything else the same: $42.5K. So the base car depreciated approx. 33%, the Z51 package 50%.

If I drop the mileage from 33,000 to 10,000:

Base: $45K

Z51: $46.5K

My extra 23,000 miles has cost me $5,000. Or put another way, keeping my car in the garage would only net me an extra $5,000 over 4+ years. I certainly had $5,000 worth of fun making it my daily driver.
                Last edited by meyerweb; 08-21-2019, 07:24 PM.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Those looking to unload a C7, check out Carvana. Surprised me with the offer on my Shelby, I might just accept.
                  Rapid Blue/Jet Black 1LT, Z51, carbon flash open spoke wheels w/yellow calipers, competition seats w/blue seatbelts

Comment

1LT & Z51 (non mag) is my choice... Not a single 2LT upgrade really speaks to me, it's just not that kind of car for my purposes.

But the fly in the ointment is constraints. I have a single digit reservation and 1LTs are currently showing as constrained for six weeks minimum.

So i either pay an extra $7,300 for heavy stuff I don't really want or wait an extra 6+ weeks.

Comment

Welcome pfbz. Excellent first post. Please first read our four stickies “purchasing threads,”and note that in the C7 earliest production, for a wide variety of reasons many second batch C7 were often delivered before first bacth ones. No guarantees for anything of course to repeat itself with the C8 initial deliveries, but as there are so many variables, I would personally not compromise on a single thing, least of all your “budget comfort limits.”

The first day you are driving your C8, all this “stuff” will have long retreated into the rear view mirror.
                      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Welcome pfbz. ... I would personally not compromise on a single thing, least of all your “budget comfort limits.”

The first day you are driving your C8, all this “stuff” will have long retreated into the rear view mirror.
                        Thanks, I think you are absolutely right. Especially since I'm in Colorado, and the number of days in Feb and March I'd actually be able to drive it (particularly with the Z51 PS4S tires) is minimal. 1LT it is!

Off to read the rest of the stickies!

Comment

Do Not Compromise thread;

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...chosen-options
                          GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I'm still leaning 1LT but I'm also concerned about rear visibility. I dont need much in the 2LT but after seeing this view.... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190828-010750_YouTube.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	681.1 KB
ID:	64814
                            Attached Files
                            Rapid Blue/Jet Black 1LT, Z51, carbon flash open spoke wheels w/yellow calipers, competition seats w/blue seatbelts

Comment

I too am concerned. Has anyone on this forum sat in a 1LT? If so would you get us your opinion of the rearward visibility?

Comment

That camera rearview mirror looks cool and I do not believe the backup camera in the bumper can be retrofitted with to install that camera for the special rearview mirror...

if you want that rearview mirror than you should order the 2LT.. the camera above the rear window is not installed on the 1LT.

for me since im getting for the first time a rear back up cmaera in a corvette...i really dont care whats behind me while driving. Just not a real big deal plus we have side view mirrors.

ive been driving cars without review cameras in the rearview mirror...how will I even know what Im missing...

hopefully the valentine one will work through two panes of glass out back...as long as that still works Im good to go.

Last edited by JB; 08-28-2019, 05:50 AM.
                                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X