MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

Don’t Like The ME: Fine

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t Like The ME: Fine

That is a respectful place. If you do not now or later like the ME, that is fine. At the same time, our same MECF forum friendly posting standards will continue.

The ME is going to be so different than the C7, that it will inspire (already has inspired) very strong feelings. It is great if your crush on the C7 continues. It is exciting for those of you who have and/or love earlier, pre-C7, Corvettes. It is equally okay if the C8 ME is a total turn off to some.

However, just like we do not allow attack posts on the C7 and on earlier Corvettes, MECF is not going to allow someone on a thread, to tee off on another person, nor on GM or its Corvette team.

So we all head off on the same page, it is absolutely fine is post negative things about the ME if they are in the similar vein as the following:

* I just do not like it as much as the front engined C7!
    * C7’s look better IMO.
    * The front looks shorter than I like; the rear is way too long;
    * C7’s Rock!
    * Can’t get used to it, and do not know if I ever will.
    * The ME is not appealing.
    * What was GM thinking when they no longer offer a manual trans. Dealbreaker!
    * Not for me!!!
    * What were its designers thinking, for sure doesn’t look like America’s sports car.
    * The ME weighs too much to be an effective track car.
    * The best Corvettes were/are C2’s and C3’s!
    * The mid engine won’t be for me.
    * Different strokes for different folks, but count me out.
    * REALLY don’t like it! In fact, it does personal not excite but the opposite.

MECF will apply the same standards as to what ME posts are going to be allowed, as we currently have for all posts and comments about C1’s though C7’s. That standard is, if a post complies with our forum’s rule that it is polite and respectful, it will stand!

We will continue to allow, and to value different opinions. If one member posts, “I love the front fascia’s look,” yet the next person responds, “I really think the front fascia’s looks hurt the looks of rest of the car.” That is great. What is not however going to work here, is for the second poster to respond with something like, “you a freakin’ idiot if you like that POS.” [That might be fine on other forums, but not okay here.]

It is just like what many of our Mom’s used to say, “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.”

Thank you very much for continuing to keep MECF a friendly place, and for all future ME posts being consistent with that.
    Last edited by John; 10-18-2018, 12:57 PM.
    Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Thanks for keeping it that way, sir.

Comment

Lots of great folks here who want it that way.... Thanks for your support, your personal gentleness, and we shall always focus on Corvettes!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Lots of great folks here who want it that way.... Thanks for your support, your personal gentleness, and we shall always focus on Corvettes!
        Exactly, Wait - What if they don't call it a Corvette? LOL
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

That would be a horrible day for many who want one, especially for those who already have had, for years, a Corvette tattoo.

Corvette is however, an iconic brand name, that GM would not diminish.

Comment

It will be a Corvette _ _ _ _ 😎

Comment

You are right 91ZR1! We are getting a 2020 mid engine Corvette. That is a “fact” (except to the 1% who are still thinking the sun revolves around the earth).

Comment

Previous generation corvettes rock!

No reason to hate any generation corvette to the point of being rude.

we are all sports car enthusiasts with varied tastes.

just imagine we are in person when posting as to not insult others when voicing various opinions.

iwe all can enjoy the variety of choices as gentlemen.

makes semse to me.

i love them all...

which one we choose to own is always a personal decision.

Comment

Always a great site to look at w/o having to read through ads or other "stuff" I didnt get on the sites to read . Thanks again, Scott
                  A thought if I might ...😎

Comment

Glad you are happy. And we will continue to focus here on Corvette info and more info — as we all learn more and share together.
                    Last edited by John; 08-28-2018, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for starting this John! I was just thinking we needed a section for those who will NEVER BUY A ME C8 because..... You know, those same folks who whined about the lack of round tail lights, or the head lamps should be concealed, or the rear panel should have been body colored rather than metallic black. I bet most of 'em ended up buying C7's a couple years later, after they ate and fully digested the 'crow'.

Honestly, it's one thing to offer constructive criticism and another to just bash a new product (or idea) due to personal taste of preference. Hey, if they don't like it, go get something else. I hear there are plenty of $65K Mustangs available.

Comment

Thanks. People sure do not need to love the ME, nor even like it, but there are ways to be tactful even when expressing displeasure. Kind of like one would say to a good friend who just pulled us in a off-mustard colored, custom car to your house. Just as we would not say, “your car is hideous” when standing a few feet away from someone you like, tact is welcomed, in fact required here at MECF.
                        Last edited by John; 11-13-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Just now read this thread. I agree with, and like all the comments.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X