Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Nurburgring time: Z51?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nurburgring time: Z51?

    Why are we still waiting for a ring time? Are they tweaking software? Is the fleet of C8s still there?

    Wondering if anyone else has info.

    Thanks all
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

  • #2
    GM got scolded by the media as being too “ring “ time focused a few years back so they layed off a bit on official timing runs for advertising...

    hopefully eventually they will tell is what the c8 did...

    if not car and drivers lightning lap is a good indicator ...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JB View Post
      GM got scolded by the media as being too “ring “ time focused a few years back so they layed off a bit on official timing runs for advertising...

      hopefully eventually they will tell is what the c8 did...

      if not car and drivers lightning lap is a good indicator ...
      The media??? Seems as though the media will never be pleased. They question RING Times and when posted they criticize??? The C7 was never officially posted by GM. I really though and looked forward to and thought as others did that RING times would be used for the C8 in advertising.

      Comment


      • #4
        More fun would be to take your own C8 to the Ring and see what your time would be. Why brag about another driver’s times? Yes, I understand that it’s fun to root for the team, but ,,,,,,,,,
        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
          More fun would be to take your own C8 to the Ring and see what your time would be. Why brag about another driver’s times? Yes, I understand that it’s fun to root for the team, but ,,,,,,,,,
          That would be more fun. But some of us are not afforded that luxury. Some just want to know how this car compares to past models and the competition. There are probably forums where we can compare (or brag about) your lap times. I think this one is about the C8.

          Racing Forums.com
          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Richrat View Post
            Why are we still waiting for a ring time? Are they tweaking software? Is the fleet of C8s still there?

            Wondering if anyone else has info.

            Thanks all
            The cars that tested at the ring were pre-production cars. Any times they got aren't necessarily what production cars will get. And GM was testing for specific items, not necessarily trying to get the fastest lap possible.
            Last edited by meyerweb; 08-16-2019, 07:11 PM.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

            Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

            Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

            Never grow up - It's a trap.

            Comment


            • #7
              So, will it go sub 7 minutes or not?
              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                So, will it go sub 7 minutes or not?
                I think sub 7.00 is rarified territory and would require a future hiperformance model rather than the base Z51 C8.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post

                  I think sub 7.00 is rarified territory and would require a future hiperformance model rather than the base Z51 C8.
                  Agreed.....but.......


                  The GT3 RS serves as yet another proof of how track-ready Porsche cars are. The new model, boasting "only" 520 horsepower, easily lapped the daunting "Ring" in less than 7 minutes, or 6:56.40 to be exact. This was achieved due to the car's excellent suspension (featuring stiffer springs), improved aerodynamics, and of course, marvelous driving by Kevin Estre. The car is not even the fastest road-legal Porsche out there, yet it does a 0-60 in just 3.0 seconds and accelerates to a top speed of 193 mph.
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

                    Agreed.....but.......


                    The GT3 RS serves as yet another proof of how track-ready Porsche cars are. The new model, boasting "only" 520 horsepower, easily lapped the daunting "Ring" in less than 7 minutes, or 6:56.40 to be exact. This was achieved due to the car's excellent suspension (featuring stiffer springs), improved aerodynamics, and of course, marvelous driving by Kevin Estre. The car is not even the fastest road-legal Porsche out there, yet it does a 0-60 in just 3.0 seconds and accelerates to a top speed of 193 mph.
                    GT3 RS is a highly focused, lightweight, track version of the already good GT3. This model would be Apples/Oranges against a stock Stingray. Still would be fun to see what ballpark 'ring time the C8 Stingray runs though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think once we are talking about a mid or rear engine car and we get to about 3.0 sec to 60-that criteria no longer becomes telling about performance potential and we have to look at higher speed comparisons like 0-100mph or 1/4 mile times.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        7:15 would be an exceptional time for the base C8.

                        I expect closer to 7:20.

                        I hope to be surprised.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm betting its 7:18:19. They chose that (obscure) date for a reason, and Harlan loves Easter Eggs !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
                            I'm betting its 7:18:19. They chose that (obscure) date for a reason, and Harlan loves Easter Eggs !
                            It was previously reported that was simply the date when all the GM management that needed to be there were available.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

                            Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

                            Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

                            Never grow up - It's a trap.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                              It was previously reported that was simply the date when all the GM management that needed to be there were available.
                              The best cover stories are plausible, mundane, and impossible to verify.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X