Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Pricing for Ground Effect Kit & Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing for Ground Effect Kit & Extensions

I am a bit confused, perhaps someone here can help.

I am ordering black C8 with Z51. I do want the Ground Effect Kit & Extensions. There seems to be a big cost difference between kit in Carbon Flash, kit in Visible Carbon Fiber and Kit in molded body color. If I get 5V7 & STI, would it give me the look as shown below?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Extension.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	59689
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ground-Effect.gif Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	59690
    Last edited by N4SPEED; 08-15-2019, 08:42 AM.

I am equally confused about if you order the 5VM Visible Carbon Fiber Ground effects, it appears that the ends of the front splitter are turned up. It also shows in the "visualizer" that the side skirts have turned up ends closest to the rear tires. So WHAT is the Rocker Panel Extensions.... S6S ???

Can't seem to determine what the difference is.

3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

My assumption is that "Ground Effects Kit" consists of "Some Kind of Splitter Upgrade" PLUS "Rocker Panel Extension".

That is, Rocker Panel Extensions are included in the Ground Effects Kit but can also be ordered separately if you do not want whatever is involved with the splitter upgrade. The prices make no sense otherwise. Both options come in visible carbon fiber, painted carbon fiber, and body-color composite.
      Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

I would also like to get rocker blades, but I don't think that the black molded body color would look good, esp. on the black body. And the pricing for the carbon fiber blades above is kinda steep. I suspect that there will quickly be some after market units available in carbon fiber for about a third to half of these prices. I'm very happy with the CF blades that I got for my C7 from Weapon X for $799. For protection from chips, I'll get the dealer installed splash guards, and then get the CF units when available on the after-market.
        Last edited by FrankM; 08-15-2019, 04:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the last sentence.
        Black/ Natural (GBA/ HUV) Z51, 2LT, GT1, FE4, E60, NPP, Q8Q, VQK,...Was # 465 at Kerbeck,.TPW: 2/17/20, Status to 6000 on 3/20/20

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
          My assumption is that "Ground Effects Kit" consists of "Some Kind of Splitter Upgrade" PLUS "Rocker Panel Extension".

That is, Rocker Panel Extensions are included in the Ground Effects Kit but can also be ordered separately if you do not want whatever is involved with the splitter upgrade. The prices make no sense otherwise. Both options come in visible carbon fiber, painted carbon fiber, and body-color composite.
          THIS is exactly how I am interpreting this.

We are going to Carlisle next Thursday and will ask the GM reps specifically about this and one other confusing item I've come across....
          Last edited by Strake; 08-15-2019, 04:42 PM.
          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

I think the “rocker panel extension” is the small rocker molding we see on most all the mules. The “ground effects kit is with the winglets front and side

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post

We are going to Carlisle next Thursday and will ask the GM reps specifically about this and one other confusing item I've come across....
              That would be great! Look forward to your post.

Comment

Per Harlan this morning when I asked him, the ground effects kit is the front splitter and the extended side rockers.

However, while that will hold true, one can not further assume that the splitter we see in those options, in production versions, also include the splitter’s outer end vertical plates. That is a good question for “hard confirmation” at Carlisle.

Please post what is learned there in this thread as soon after you learn it as is possible.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Excellent, looking forward to the answer. Particularly on exactly what the splitter entails vis-a-vis the “regular” Z51 splitter.

Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

We'll be there Thursday morning and heading to the GM tent first thing. I'll ping back on this thread later Thursday ( Aug 22). It is somewhat confusing.

It's the one and only time I'm only 45 minutes from the "Event"......... being Carlisle in this case !!! No hotel needed this time.

Comment

Thank you Strake; terrific news. If you are looking for more questions to research, PM me for a few additional ones.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Does anyone know what the code is for the black painted side rocker piece like shown on the red reveal car? In the visualizer you select black under ground effects.
                        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

I've always assumed that the 5VM was the Front Splitter and Side-Skirts in Exposed Carbon Fiber. I also believe that the price of that option at $4,850 is excessive. I thought it was high in 2015 when it was $2,999 for my Z06. I don't mind paying for what I get, but like to get what I pay for. Purchased mine aftermarket for much less and they are exactly like the factory versions. Just saying.

I do like how Chevrolet's supplier is now making the splitter with the side tips as part of the splitter instead of "bolted on" as mine and other C7's are. Hoping the C8 will be the same way.

We have a local dealer C8 extravaganza next Monday and Tuesday so I'll also see what I can find out.
                          Lord Help Me Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am.

Comment

We'll be there Thursday morning and heading to the GM tent first thing. I'll ping back on this thread later Thursday ( Aug 22). It is somewhat confusing.

It's the one and only time I'm only 45 minutes from the "Event"......... being Carlisle in this case !!! No hotel needed this time.
                            I wish I could get there early like you Strake ... I'm not going to get there until Saturday. I'll bet it will be an absolute zoo that day. I'll be checking the forum Thursday nite and Friday looking for your finds. I hope there will be multiple cars there to see.

Comment

I wonder if someone could also ask how the distance from front axle to front edge compares to the C7? And therefore does the C8 need front end lift more than the C7.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X