Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Is it feasible to manually fold and unfold the mirrors on a daily basis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    co-founder/admin
    • Jun 2018
    • PNW

The exact width of the C8 is 76.1” which is 2.2” wider than a Stingray, yet 1.05” inches narrower than a GS, Z06, and the ZR1.

However the width of the front fenders on the C8 could well be wider than all C7’s as its front track is 1.4” wider than all C7’s.
    2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, every visible carbon fiber option including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 25 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• John
      co-founder/admin
      • Jun 2018
      • PNW

As there are some things a C8 2LT has that a 2LT C7 does not, might it be a touch premature to say that one might not either use them, and/nor enjoy having them, and/nor be safer with them, e.g., blind spot protection, Panaray rear view camera, etc.
      2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, every visible carbon fiber option including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 25 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• docprego
        Senior Contributing Member
        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie
        Has a total width dimension been determined that it is wider than the C7 Z06/GS/ZR1? The only statement I recall being made to that issue was that the car was approximately 2 inches wider than a C7 Stingray/Base car. The above Z’s and GS’s are 3+ inches wider than the C7 Base. I have no difficulty entering or exiting my single side garage door with the standard single door opening/door frame, with my C7 Z06. I even need to approach the opening at an angle to clear my splitter at the entry transition. I’m excited about the front end lift feature of the C8 for that reason. I must have a minimum of 4 inches clearance on both sides now and don’t anticipate any need to want my mirrors folded. On the contrary, I would want them fully extended to verify clearances at the door frame on the rest of the body as Zora 69 stated.🤔
        Here's the information you seek:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...��docprego-”

Comment

• John
          co-founder/admin
          • Jun 2018
          • PNW

Thanks doc for bringing that wonderful thread back front and center!

Comment

• Dumbell2
            Senior Contributor
            • Aug 2018
            • Vagabonding

Originally posted by Blankster
            I think the folding mirrors is a great to have but not a have to have. The entire 5 years I had by C7 I think I may have folded my mirror (not mirrors) in once.
            In the 3 years I have had my GS I folded the mirrors once-when parked on the street. I fold the mirrors on my truck every time I park-because of the width. I am not overly impressed with how much narrower the C8 becomes with the mirrors folded. I would have preferred it if the mirrors pivoted closer to the side window glass-rather than so close to the body of the mirror housing. The reason I fold my mirrors is either to avoid hitting an object close to the side of my vehicle or for the most part, to provide more room for the people in the vehicle parked next to me, or walking past my vehicle.
            2023 C8 HTC 3LT Z51 black with red dipped, Q9A wheels.
            2023 Z06 HTC 1LZ black on black, Comp seats, suede steering wheel, black wheels

Comment

• C8broughtmeback
              Senior Contributing Member & Patron
              • Sep 2019
              • Philadelphia suburbs

This thread brings back painful memories of my 1997 C5, where I replaced 3 side mirrors in less than 15 months - 2 driver side and 1 passenger side. One came off in my hand while pushing it in. I knew one day I would be able to laugh about it....22 yrs later, maybe that day is now! 2LT for me, because of virtually all the add on's in the package.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...