MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

Price leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s remember that we went though something just like this two weeks ago, and that You Tube video turned out to be wrong. I am waiting until the Official Press Release I get from GM — have not gotten one yet and I get 100% of them.
    Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
      Don’t need PDR I’m ditching the 2LT for $7300. 1LT with Z51 and a few options. Not paying over $74K MSRP plus $599 doc fee. Still ordering I guess. Maybe not.
      Agreed. I wish PDR was a separate addition because it’s costly and something I’ll honestly never once use. The price for the 2LT and 3LT are much higher than I was thinking and I haven’t even hit the other things I wanted to add

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Happy View Post
        Does any one think $1495 is to much for the lift...??????????
        The mclaren charges 1500 so if true our estimates on e60 were right on target.

that 1500 dollars if true is a screaming great deal. The only down side is you have to order the 2LT or 3 LT so Im out. Just do a google search on aftermarket lift systems costs and that $1500 is the deal of the century.

On a personal note Im happy the z51 is 5 grand...hopefully the fe4 is 1800 to 2 grand which should hold up. Ill add the black /polished oem roms as shown on the red reveal c8 and call it a day around 68 grand...give or take a few dollars.

thank you for posting up. I hope your information is identical to what we see tommorow.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Before July 18th everyone expected that the base car would be priced at 75/80K$ before options.

Surprise. A fully loaded one is 75/80K$,

A base is 60KS

Cheer up

Comment

Heck no that's a BARGAIN! Love it, pricing is SO nice! Oh you have 2LT though, thought it was an ala carte.Ah ha! That's how they get ya see. Still a lot lower than we all thought PRE- reveal. They did that on my CTS,you want a moon roof, oh that's only in the lux premium. It's smart sales. Put those must haves in a package full of stuff you will never use.

They are going to be pumping these babies out!! If that's real overall, very impressed. That's A LOT of car, at base, you kidding me! Check out other sports cars prices. Vipers are dropping like the stock market - sadly on both fronts. This car truly is a "game changer!" Not just for GM. Love to see it! Always liked GM, oh and off topic - don't worry about first year "kinks." Either I'm remarkably lucky with all the GM's I have bought or it's a bunch of hooey!
            Last edited by NCMlifer; 08-14-2019, 06:13 PM.
            NCM Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

On a personal note Im happy the z51 is 5 grand...hopefully the fe4 is 1800 to 2 grand which should hold up.
              JB what is fe4?

Comment

Originally posted by Gators2020 View Post

JB what is fe4?
                wondering that too. Top end suspension is FE4

FE1 is base standard suspension.
                Last edited by NCMlifer; 08-14-2019, 06:24 PM. Reason: Answer my own Q. Yes I do ask myself Q's and sometimes I do have the correct answer.
                NCM Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
                  Before July 18th everyone expected that the base car would be priced at 75/80K$ before options.

A base is 60KS

Cheer up
                  Believe it or not I never thought the price was going that high..

real human beings still have sticker shock when pricing goes up to fast with each model year ..

I was scoffed at on many call in shows including many friends who were sure the base price for a mid engine design by its very nature would necessitate a huge price increase.

not everybody who has the money to buy these cars accepts huge price increases just as a matter of fact.

i love the fact there is a long and winding option list for those who wish to drop more money on their prized possession with extra cool details...

the consumer gets to personalize thier corvette without having to go to the aftermarket so quickly and it comes delivered just the way you want it..

i understand..i dont see the logic in colored seat belts for 500 or brake calibers yet most corvette enthusiasts do.

im so grateful so many opt for these jewelry like options...and many infact have functional value like that lift system that can be gps driven...for future use. That is so cool...too bad the interior option is required...

i personally see that as a value package but its a lot of coin to be able to order E60...

E60 is a screaming deal of the century if you were already planning on LT2 or LT3...

i highly suggest anyone consider E60 if you are already into lt2...

that system even without gps could never be added even for double the cost...and the reliability even at quadruple the cost would be suspect from what little research I've done..

Comment

[QUOTE=SheepDog;n59418]Before July 18th everyone expected that the base car would be priced at 75/80K$ before options.

A base is 60KS

Cheer up
                    Not everyone expected $75/80. Oh I’m happy as a clam now that everyone expected that.
                    Last edited by MikeC8; 08-14-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NCMlifer View Post

wondering that too. Top end suspension is FE4

FE1 is base standard suspension.
                      Z51 is the heavy duty cooling and suspension with more aggressive gearing.

Fe4 is the mrc shock system that takes performance traction management to a whole new level.

im like a techno marvel addict so for me..i want to experience the wheel tire control of ptm with mrc shock valving that really is an attribute on the street especially given our present road conditions and irregularities.

Simply put the fe4 keeps the tires in contact with the road for greater adhesion on the street irregardless of the surface on say mid corner bumps or road separations that would instill greater driver confidence as well as a nicer ride,

that pucker up feeling as you round a bend in the mountains where the road surface isnt billiard table smooth can for a brief moment create what I consider a pucker up moment....lol.. i believe mot driving that fast even when the tores do a hope skip and a jump mid corner because of mountain pass road conditions ...,the mrc shock system can better keep the tires in contact with the road for better control as well as safety...

on rave tracks for the most part ...the surface is smooth and if it isnt..you are doing multiple laps so you begin to learn where the rough surfaces are...uet its on the mountain passes on sunday mornings wjere road irregularities can show the benefit of mrc or option code fe4 really shows its value.

i think that is an important aspect of high performance vehicles even for sunday morning romps up around the seven lakes and mountain passes so many of us enjoy as corvette owners.

i tend to disagree z51 with mrc fe4 is specifically for track use. I believe and its just my opinion z51 with FE4 mrc shocks are the epitome of what makes a wonderful sports car supercar for the street.
                      Last edited by JB; 08-14-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Nope, definitely less than I predicted.

Comment

Here’s another source revealing the same documents! It’s real guys!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Let’s remember that we went though something just like this two weeks ago, and that You Tube video turned out to be wrong. I am waiting until the Official Press Release I get from GM — have not gotten one yet and I get 100% of them.
                            In all fairness it was easy to disprove the last one. This one looks a lot more legit. I fully admit it could be absolutely false but it does appear to be more legit than the last one.

I can unequivocally say that the last video was 100% false.

Comment

Does Z51 include NPP?
                              The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Could be false..none if us know..except of course John who never slips up and tells us!

john you are like a secret agent ....who has his training from the military to just give out his name rank and serial number.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X