MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Let's talk seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just double checked my current car. 2010 GS 3LT. So my Nappa leather seats still look very nice after almost 10 years. I'm going for the GT2 anyway to get all the adjustability.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
      I just double checked my current car. 2010 GS 3LT. So my Nappa leather seats still look very nice after almost 10 years. I'm going for the GT2 anyway to get all the adjustability.
      You make a good point as I don't know if the higher trim seats offer further adjustment or not. I believe that the GT1 Seats are 8 way power and if you get the 2LT trim level you further receive power lumbar and wing adjustment on the GT1 seat as well.

I am not certain if the GT2 seats add any further adjustment. To me (and I could be wrong) the ordering guide doesn't appear to show further adjustment in any higher seat trim, I can only see "8 way power" listed under seats.

This will be my first corvette, so I am not up trim and seat levels as much as most others here and I am hoping to learn more.

A2X Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power S S S
      A7K Seat adjuster, passenger 8-way power S S S
      AL9 Seat adjuster, power driver lumbar control --
      AT9 Seat adjuster, power passenger lumbar control --
      AHE Seat adjuster, driver power bolster --
      AHH Seat adjuster, passenger power bolster --

Comment

Sorry if my above response came across too strong. I just do not want anybody to think that if they are getting Mulan leather, that they are getting a lower quality product M.
        Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

You make a good point as I don't know if the higher trim seats offer further adjustment or not. I believe that the GT1 Seats are 8 way power and if you get the 2LT trim level you further receive power lumbar and wing adjustment on the GT1 seat as well.

I am not certain if the GT2 seats add any further adjustment. To me (and I could be wrong) the ordering guide doesn't appear to show further adjustment in any higher seat trim, I can only see "8 way power" listed under seats.

This will be my first corvette, so I am not up trim and seat levels as much as most others here and I am hoping to learn more.

A2X Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power S S S
          A7K Seat adjuster, passenger 8-way power S S S
          AL9 Seat adjuster, power driver lumbar control --
          AT9 Seat adjuster, power passenger lumbar control --
          AHE Seat adjuster, driver power bolster --
          AHH Seat adjuster, passenger power bolster --
          Not sure where all that is from. If you look at my #1 post here you will see sections of the latest order guide.

Comment

Interesting that it's so hard to find out. Like "Mulan" is a dark secret. Google search for "Mulan" returns the Wiki entry for "bonded leather" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_leather
            Yes, I found that. But nothing in the wikipedia article actually mentions "Mulan," so I'm still not convinced (either way). In any case, the Mulan leather and fake suede in my 2015 looks pretty much like new after 4 years. The only issue is on the console cover, but that's an issue on the higher grade leather, too.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

If you get the 2LT package, I think the GT1 and GT2 seats have the same adjust-ability. It's only the LT1 that lacks all the power adjustments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GT1 Order Guide.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	59000
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Thanks Meyerweb, that is my understanding and you stated it clearer than i did.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post
                  Thanks Meyerweb, that is my understanding and you stated it clearer than i did.
                  Of course, the Order Guide isn't the most straightforward document I've seen, and may contain errors. Hopefully when pricing is available dealers will be able to get accurate details. FWIW, the C7 2LT package with Mulan leather seats has all the same power adjustments as the 3LT with Napa. I really think the only difference between the GT1 and GT2 seats in the 2LT package is styling.

In the mean time, if someone really wants to know, this would be a good question for the Corvette Concierge.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >33,000+ miles

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

If you get the 2LT package, I think the GT1 and GT2 seats have the same adjust-ability. It's only the LT1 that lacks all the power adjustments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GT1 Order Guide.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	59000
                    I think you miss my original point. I'm reading from P4 of the order guide that The GT2 seats - AH2 are available with the 2LT package. Then if the GT2 are ordered you will get the lumbar, bolster, H+C options.

Put this another way. There's only one version of the GT1 seat, it's AQ9, so how can it have different characteristics if it's part of 2LT?

Comment

Mulan or Napa...

It's too bad that GM didn't splurge a bit more and equip the C8 with Fine Corinthian Leather... After all, we deserve it.
                      Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                      "Delta t = 23"

Comment

All kidding aside...the mulan leather is fine...my passengers never complained about the leather in my corvettes..

i never ever complained either, neither did my coat, my jacket, my slacks, my jeans or my shirts.

the durability is great on mulan leather. Looks great 12 years in and 134k miles.

if you want slightly softer richer lookimg leather the napa leather is a smart move..

if you dont care like many of us corvette owners...we just want the car to be quick and fun to drive...

anybody who gets in your corvette and *****es the leather feels cheap...throw them the hell out of the car..

the mulan is fine...

its actually the back of the seat in the standard seat that looks less than exciting..its a dull plastic seat back in like a dull flat black color...

the more expensive seat options have a gloss black finish and its pretty...

i think the head rest on the base seat is slightly different in shape too...

if that matters then buy the gt2 seat...

i didnt see a huge bolstering difference in the gt2 seat compared to gt1...

supposedly the gt3 seats are overly bolstered for daily street use...although i only saw the performance textile seat and the general consensus was not too flattering on tjat material choice that day in atlantic city...

take any of this for what its worth...

if you are optimg for 2LT...the gt2 seat with the shiney black seat back did look richer...

if you dont care and just want the hud..and seat warmers...then get the base seat...

ill just cinch the seat belt tight on the gt1 seat in 1LT and call it a day...

but Im a cheapie..

im like a couple of your guys fathers...of course i not only have to pay for my retirement I have to pay for my sons entire lifes retirement as he cant speak, read, go to the bathroom himself and he is 24...he will never work...he will never be left alone 24/7 his entire life...

For you guys with grown kids in their own...enjoy and for you guys without kids...you are lucky SOBs too..

so yeah Im a cheapie when it comes to mulan leather versus napa leather for myself...lol
                        Last edited by JB; 08-13-2019, 01:59 PM.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          anybody who gets in your corvette and *****es the leather feels cheap...throw them the hell out of the car..

Agree with everything you wrote about the seats. The only reason I'm considering the GT2 seat at all is because I really like the fake suede inserts in my C7. (The two-tone options, look nice, too, but I really don't need that.) Sure wish we could get suede in the GT1 seats, because I have a strong suspicion the GT2 seats are going to cost more than I'm willing to pay.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >33,000+ miles

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                            Mulan or Napa...

It's too bad that GM didn't splurge a bit more and equip the C8 with Fine Corinthian Leather... After all, we deserve it.
                            Boy, that was one ugly car.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >33,000+ miles

Comment

the suede inserts are very nice. I wish gm would offer them up too. What a great look, holds you nicely in the corners and its good to hear its held up under your use...

i like that suede look for portions of the seat as designed in the c7 ..
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

I maybe wrong, but I don't think anyone's back sided is calibrated enough to tell the difference between Napa and Mulan Leather.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X