MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Let's talk seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats ok...we are just shooting the breeze but thank you for your insight..

it would make sense with such overwhelming demand to save a “track pack” originally discussed for a future date...

i dont think gm is going to be able to meet all the demand in the first year cars as it is..

of course this is my first ever serious watch of a new model.

before the c8...i usually happily waited for the second or third year...

i personally believe the c8 will be a sellout every year for the first five years...past generations had that honor for maybe the first year...or two..
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

This could be worse . We could be figuring what our options/SEATS would have or worse yet cost if we were in the Porsche Camp. That gets scary expensive and at least we are getting a $4k dct FOR FREE.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
        This could be worse . We could be figuring what our options/SEATS would have or worse yet cost if we were in the Porsche Camp. That gets scary expensive and at least we are getting a $4k dct FOR FREE.
        And for those buying the standard car...they are also getting the dry sump oiling system for free too...

option pricing could be the big splash for profits yet I still believe the breath of the option list will be where GM initially plans to accomplish greater profitability...

colored seat belts, front end lift systems, colored brake rotors, colored engine covers, beautifully designed seat choices, carbin fiber bits and pieces, pdr , nav systems, all these seemingly luxurious purchases on items that many will consider must haves....extravagant leathers and multicolored leathers, retractable spyder hardtops...

this is all great stuff and some probably a great percentage will opt for...thats where I believe the c8 is headed...

still early on...i believe the corvette marketing team will maintain the basic corvette pricing history on z51 and fe4...

seven grand extra for z51 fe4 amounts to around a ten percent increase in transaction price and allows for a pretty impressive 67/68 grand price plus tax tags and license...

about the price of a c7 grand sport as stated way before the release by GM...

gm executives did mention if you could afford a c7 grand sport you were good to go with the c8...

i think if the nappa leather is as nice as the competition the increase in price on the 2LT will happily paid by many corvette faithful...amd it will be a good deal with the PDR and nav as part of the package.

im still sticking with mulan leather for my 1LT...yet I hope that nappa leather is so nice to the tocuh we never have to hear about how crappy gms interiors are..

the c7 when it released was considered world class...

now with the continuation of improved leather and a stunning interior..that story of a crappy interior in corvettes can be dead and buried for good.

Funny thing...my coat or jacket nor my pants ever complained about the mulan leather.....

as long as the steering wheel feels good as well as the paddles for the jew dct feel good...I'm good to go.

I've been told Im a pretty easy going guy...doesnt take much to keep me happy...

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

And for those buying the standard car...they are also getting the dry sump oiling system for free too...

option pricing could be the big splash for profits yet I still believe the breath of the option list will be where GM initially plans to accomplish greater profitability...

colored seat belts, front end lift systems, colored brake rotors, colored engine covers, beautifully designed seat choices, carbin fiber bits and pieces, pdr , nav systems, all these seemingly luxurious purchases on items that many will consider must haves....extravagant leathers and multicolored leathers, retractable spyder hardtops...

this is all great stuff and some probably a great percentage will opt for...thats where I believe the c8 is headed...

still early on...i believe the corvette marketing team will maintain the basic corvette pricing history on z51 and fe4...

seven grand extra for z51 fe4 amounts to around a ten percent increase in transaction price and allows for a pretty impressive 67/68 grand price plus tax tags and license...

about the price of a c7 grand sport as stated way before the release by GM...

gm executives did mention if you could afford a c7 grand sport you were good to go with the c8...

i think if the nappa leather is as nice as the competition the increase in price on the 2LT will happily paid by many corvette faithful...amd it will be a good deal with the PDR and nav as part of the package.

im still sticking with mulan leather for my 1LT...yet I hope that nappa leather is so nice to the tocuh we never have to hear about how crappy gms interiors are..

the c7 when it released was considered world class...

now with the continuation of improved leather and a stunning interior..that story of a crappy interior in corvettes can be dead and buried for good.

Funny thing...my coat or jacket nor my pants ever complained about the mulan leather.....

as long as the steering wheel feels good as well as the paddles for the jew dct feel good...I'm good to go.

I've been told Im a pretty easy going guy...doesnt take much to keep me happy...

We will see on Thursday where GM is going with the option pricing and very may well be going in the direction of Porsche where they, Porsche, can tack on 50 to 60 pct of the base MSRP to get all the options you want. But to follow Porsche may not be a good thing as Porsche is struggling in this price point range with the 718 series (Boxster/Cayman). Where I feel GM will make up for this is in Volume and in European and the Asian Market sales of the C8, if this car is successful as I believe it may be and also with a l;ot more volume in the sales of higher performance cars. ie, The ZO6 and ZR1/Zora, that these markets will demand

Comment

If my ultra thrifty late father were buying a C8, it would be the base model, and then seek a credit for a "seat delete", installing a low lawn chair from home.

Comment

^^^
              I remember my father arguing with a dealer about having to pay for a day / night mirror. In the end, the dealer gave it to him for free.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                The GT1 seats come with Mulan leather in either the 1LT or 2LT. The GT2 seats come in Napa leather. (Because everyone knows leather from cows that get drunk on wine in Napa is better.)
                Maybe everyone except me knows this but I just discovered what "Mulan" leather is. It seems that Mulan is to leather as chipboard is to wood. Never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Maybe everyone except me knows this but I just discovered what "Mulan" leather is. It seems that Mulan is to leather as chipboard is to wood. Never knew that.
                  Umm ,where did you learn this? The only "source" I've found for this is one post on another Corvette forum that provides no source or documentation to support it. What you're describing is generally known as "bonded leather," but I can't find any evidence to support that Mulan is, or isn't, bonded leather.

In the end, I'm not sure it matters. Both Mulan and Napa are coated in plastic, so you never actually touch real leather at all.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I think Mulan leather is to a real cowhide as hot dogs are to sirloin steak.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Umm ,where did you learn this? The only "source" I've found for this is one post on another Corvette forum that provides no source or documentation to support it. What you're describing is generally known as "bonded leather," but I can't find any evidence to support that Mulan is, or isn't, bonded leather.

In the end, I'm not sure it matters. Both Mulan and Napa are coated in plastic, so you never actually touch real leather at all.
                      Interesting that it's so hard to find out. Like "Mulan" is a dark secret. Google search for "Mulan" returns the Wiki entry for "bonded leather" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_leather

Maybe some expert here will confirm or deny that Mulan is in fact a bonded leather.

There are plenty of references in a web search of Mulan being referred to as "Faux leather".

Comment

Mulan leather meets the identical wear test GM standards as does Napa leather (and vice versa). Source: Ryan Vaughan, April 2013 Bash; Ryan was then, before his promotion, the Corvette Chief Interior Designer.

From Trunk Money Parts/Suburban Chev:

[ What is Mulan Leather?

Mulan leather is confusing for many reasons. One of them being that Disney released a movie that might confuse people as to why leather is named after any movie or what the leather has to do with the movie at all. Whatever the case may be you may find yourself making a choice between Napa leather and Mulan leather. If you find yourself in this position then you might also have to ask yourself., "do I know the difference between the two and do I or should I care?" We will examine the issue in the paragraphs to follow below.

What one is right for you?

Leather comes in two types. It can come as either Napa or Mulan. Both of these terms are confusing similar to the difference between OEM and aftermarket. If you are experienced in the industry or are a person who has bought their fair share of accessories then you may not have as much as of a problem. However, the beginner, who probably does not know the difference between OEM and aftermarket probably will not know the difference between Mulan and Napa leather.

We have read some people that say that Napa leather comes from the belly of the animal which is softer and accounts for the less grainy feeling of Napa leather.However, we can neither confirm or deny that this is true. We can confirm that Napa leather does tend to feel smoother than its counterpart, Mulan leather. A side by side comparison gives you the full story. Mulan Leather on the left and Napa Leather on the Right:

The amount of graininess becomes apparent when side by side with the Napa leather. The question becomes if the difference is noticeable. The difference is noticeable under two circumstances. 1. The person who is feeling the leather is sufficiently educated to understand that there is a difference in the two leather types or is generally aware that the two types of leather exist at all. 2. The two leather types are close to each other.

The truth is that the choice of leather comes down personal preference and how much, "keeping ahead of" the Joneses the owner is trying to stay. The viewpoint of most aficionados is that Napa leather is better for the sheer fact that it tends to be much smoother than its brethren, Mulan leather. If you are trying to impress gear heads or a car show then you need to get Napa leather. Otherwise, you might find that you prefer the feel of the Mulan leather for a variety of reasons. You might like the texture of the leather. You might have had a parent that liked to wear leather boots or something leather and it was textured. If this is true for you, then Mulan leather might be the right choice for you.
                        [/Quote]
                        Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

With respect, the Trunkmonkey piece turned up in my search. It fails to answer the question it poses.

Comment

What difference does it make, since both meet the same durability wear standards? I am unaware of a single C7 post in which a leather of its seat separated. Even if one such post or even 5 were found, out of over 200,000 C7’s...

They differ however in their softness, with all agreeing that Napa is a softer leather.
                            Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              What difference does it make, since both meet the same durability wear standards? I am unaware of a single C7 post in which a leather of its seat separated. Even if one such post or even 5 were found, out of over 200,000 C7’s...

They differ however in their softness, with all agreeing that Napa is a softer leather.
                              I don't doubt any of that. Just my curiosity was aroused when I went on a search. You'd think that it shouldn't be so hard to find out when the terms are used on the different trim levels, but without any explanation of the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by centerpunch
                                The covering seemed more like plastic than leather. Maybe that car used the "mulan" style leather. Well, now I guess I'm going for GT2 seats.
                                If you get a chance, go to your dealer and check the C7's seats. The lower end ones use Mulan and the higher ones Nappa. Some folks on this forum have experienced both and haven't found a big difference, but checking it for yourself would be ideal.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X