Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

We Need To Publicly Test the C8 Bomb before it is Customer Dropped in January?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

You are giving up a bunch.

The Z06 has performance sensation. Moment .Occassion. Visceral deliverance. Qualities that are measured in your heart and mind. Z06 phenomenistics.

Will the C8 Stingray match up with the Z. We'll see. The Corvette development people think it that takes things to a higher level. Can not imagine the C8 Z06.

Straight speed stats, lap times, handling, stopping and acceleration are measurable. So they have importance. Maybe too much.

Because, once the car is as capable as the best. Once the stats are adequate, and it goes, stops, turns and does all the stunts surely enough and fast enough, then is it really the experiential and visceral experience that determine the quality of the car.

So, your Z06 is an accomplishment. Regardless of how much faster things may become. But great stuff gets superseded as development move on.
    Isn't that the truth. The C7 Z06 is a fantastic performer on the track, competing with the best in the world. Yet it can be a docile, every day car and a terrific touring car. Hard to beat it. However, they just keep getting better each generation. Bring it on!!

Comment

I hope Randy Pabst tests one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        I too would love to read extensive reviews. Expect we shall see them in the October time frame. But if we do not, I am still buying a C8. GM knows that they are betting the farm on this car, and as I have full faith in the Corvette team, I will not delay my purchase one day to see auto media results. If they do not even appear until the day after I take delivery, I will still sleep well, ecstatic while I drive my C8.

But do I eagerly look forward to those media treats? Hell yes.
        HEAR HEAR!!
        From the time I firm up my order to hopefully getting my C8 next Spring there will be a multitude of testing,opinions and probably a few bashing’s. None of which will dim my enthusiasm and anticipation one bit. The Corvette team is is doing their level best to give us the best car they can and to think a few glitches won’t pop up in the first year or even succeeding years is crazy. Can’t wait to get in my C8 as soon as possible , but I’ll be fueling my anticipation over the next few months with what I assume will be overwhelming positive feedback.

Comment

Everybody fully agrees with you to that. However curiosity is natural. So then, why not now or soon and when. Toys are toys and his are kids.

Comment

There's a rumor floating around that Jeff Gordon will be test driving one of the early C8s, at an undisclosed dealership...
            Last edited by Mobius; 08-12-2019, 11:12 AM.
            Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
            "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
              I am very much looking forward to some objective performance testing of the C8 Z51. Heck, I'm giving up my C7 Z06, which is a beast. I would like to see some validation of the claim that the new car outperforms the Z06 in every way. I am skeptical but rooting for that claim to be validated. We shall see.
              No one knows till we see the data! looking forward to seeing it. The base C8 will top the base C7
              If your are expecting a better faster car in every way than the C7z06 you might want to wait for the C8 Z06. I highly doubt the C8 is going to that. Z51 will be better than the base car. Super nice fast car with 495 hp
              but still 3600 pounds. C7 Z06 was tested in 2015. The latest models are improved performers over the 2015's and I believe faster as well 3546 full of gas with 650hp.
              I have the C8Z06 as my next targeted Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
                No one knows till we see the data! looking forward to seeing it. The base C8 will top the base C7
                If your are expecting a better faster car in every way than the C7z06 you might want to wait for the C8 Z06. I highly doubt the C8 is going to that. Z51 will be better than the base car. Super nice fast car with 495 hp
                but still 3600 pounds. C7 Z06 was tested in 2015. The latest models are improved performers over the 2015's and I believe faster as well 3546 full of gas with 650hp.
                I have the C8Z06 as my next targeted Corvette
                Don't disagree with you. We shall see.

I just couldn't wait for the big dog to come out, but my plan is to move up to the C8Z when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by gthal View Post
                  I’d like to see some objective track times for sure.

However, I put far more stock in the test drivers who worked on the car during development than journalists. That’s why I bought many of my fun cars without test drives and/or seeing magazine reviews. I haven’t been disappointed yet.
                  Yes! The Corvette test drivers are a demanding, exacting bunch. Here is one C8 example in a this-month article, with the magazine person going on a ride along commenting in his subsequent article how smooth the transitions were in an out of V8/V4/V8 modes, yet at the end of the drive Tadge noted to the media analyst’s surprise that they will be following up on one specific transition that was not up to Tadge’s standard, to also smooth out that particular circumstance (a transition the media analyst never even realized had occurred).
                  GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

The real and the virtual are complementary. Until the product exist in the garage key in hand, curiosity, speculation and virtuality will dominate. That is proof of interest, not doubt. So therefore as soon as all the bugs are exterminated, then the sweaty hands of independent testers and abusers get to grabble the C8. Many faithful fans want that ASAP, not because they doubt, but because they have faith and confidence. The C8 faithful are ready for tis thing to part the Red Sea, rejoin the waters, and then walk on the water. While they watch it happen. Not just vicariously through the prophets.
                    Last edited by SheepDog; 08-12-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

And I thought it was a car.......😎
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                        And I thought it was a car.......😎
                        Yes. It is. A car. It is. It is the second coming, too , Meldoon. 😎😎😎😎😎😎

Comment

Originally posted by gthal View Post
                          I put far more stock in the test drivers who worked on the car during development than journalists.
                          Originally posted by John View Post
                          Yes! The Corvette test drivers are a demanding, exacting bunch. Here is one C8 example in a this-month article, with the magazine person going on a ride along commenting in his subsequent article how smooth the transitions were in an out of V8/V4/V8 modes, yet at the end of the drive Tadge noted to the media analyst’s surprise that they will be following up on one specific transition that was not up to Tadge’s standard, to also smooth out that particular circumstance (a transition the media analyst never even realized had occurred).
                          No question that test drivers have much more complete knowledge of the vehicle including some of the more subtle characteristics that they would like to improve. But what I'm looking from car mag journalists is their knowledge and experience with of *all* the vehicles in that segment, not just one. Yes, GM and other companies do benchmarking against competitive models, but that's not the same as a journalist putting a new car into context to answer my ultimate question -- "should I spend my hard-earned money on this car, or a different one?"

That's why I favor the buff books whose staff has extensive real-world experience, and who have a variety of different opinions and biases. The process is essentially "peer review" as applied to automotive journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

No question that test drivers have much more complete knowledge of the vehicle including some of the more subtle characteristics that they would like to improve. But what I'm looking from car mag journalists is their knowledge and experience with of *all* the vehicles in that segment, not just one. Yes, GM and other companies do benchmarking against competitive models, but that's not the same as a journalist putting a new car into context to answer my ultimate question -- "should I spend my hard-earned money on this car, or a different one?"

That's why I favor the buff books whose staff has extensive real-world experience, and who have a variety of different opinions and biases. The process is essentially "peer review" as applied to automotive journalism.
                            Sounds good to me. I could not have said it better, even if I had studied diligently and thought about it for a few years.

Comment

Is Jay Leno the only known alien to drive it. He is loquacious but has not commented. Confidentiality agreement probably. That implies that independent journalist are or soon will be given access on the "condition" of an agreed, delayed, publication release date for everybody.

Guess work. IMO.
                              Last edited by SheepDog; 08-12-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

They will do a press invite drive for top auto media. They are already putting that together, and yours truly has not been invited LOL, and not that I should have been.

I do not even know when it is They will have an embargo date after the event, and also who attend must first sign that NDA agreement, and not disclose before the embargo date/time ends.
                                GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X