Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CorvetteToday Podcast Delves Into C4 With Aficionado Brad Hansen

CORVETTE TODAY delves into the C4 Corvette with affectionato, Brad Hansen. https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...I0r3Da0OXhSCLC Brad is a LA videographer, but uses his C4 as a Daily Driver. Consequently, he has become a true go-to guy for all C4 do-it-yourselfers! Brad has a great YouTube channel and social media presence. You'll find out all about that and more on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
See more
See less

Instrument Panel Display Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Panel Display Options?

I tried a search but couldn't find a thread with pictures of the Instrument panel display options available on the C8 Since it's all digital I suspect the ability to toggle between imperial and metric is built in so we will no longer see a 330 KMH display for speed on Canadian cars?
    1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
    1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
    1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
    2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
    2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
    2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

John put together a great comparison of the display modes in this thread. I haven't seen a screenshot with metric units yet, but with GM hoping for more international sales than previously, I'm sure they've paid more attention to SI units this time around.

Hope this helps!

Edit: By the way, 330 km/h is not far off the C7's actual top speed, especially for the Z-06.
    Last edited by Klinn; 08-11-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Even plain Jane economy cars with digital displays allow switching between US and metric displays, so I'm sure the C8 will. GM intends to sell the car worldwide, and it's probably cheaper to build and test one set of software for worldwide use than one version for the US and one for everywhere else.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but.... We have programable screens in several of our cars. The one in our C7 really has the most variety/flexibility in terms of the things you want to see. Being the 'old guy' that I am, once they set it up in the Museum when we took delivery, I've never changed it! Sooo much for having all that flexibility. Actually, to be honest, I have muddled around on a few occasions with it. That's because either I or my wife had accidentally pressed 'something' and it changed.... So much for my grasp of technology.
          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Chevy SSr

Comment

Been this way for the C7 and the C6, so I too think they would not go “backwards” and eliminate that standard feature.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks - I'm sure there will be a simple toggle in one of the mode setting to show metric.
              1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
              1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
              1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
              2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
              2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
              2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

So, does that big 12 inch tv/infotainment screen fold down and slide into the dash to be unseen when not needed? It's an eyesore if it's sticking up there all the time.. Take a look at the Ferrari 488 and new F8 Tributo, the McClaren GT dashes. They're nice and clean without the in your face electronic screens hiding the flowing lines of the dashes.

Comment

It does not fold nor slide at all. Sorry.

Guess we disagree. When you sit in the car, it is pointed perfectly at the driver. It does not stick up above the dash (even its outside, right corner is not above the top of the dash as the dash keeps sloping upward going toward the windshield). I did not find it ugly, but tastefully integrated. It’s functionality for the driver, due to its placement, is going to be a joy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	29540A72-7CBF-4571-9D83-78295A7EF7CF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	60601

Comment

Originally posted by Kennly View Post
                    So, does that big 12 inch tv/infotainment screen fold down and slide into the dash to be unseen when not needed? It's an eyesore if it's sticking up there all the time.. Take a look at the Ferrari 488 and new F8 Tributo, the McClaren GT dashes. They're nice and clean without the in your face electronic screens hiding the flowing lines of the dashes.
                    I would suggest you sit behind the wheel in this “cockpit” and then judge if it still looks “to big” or out of place. That’s a personal choice that’s yours alone and that’s OK.
                    My take on the 488,F8,and McClaren comparison is this..those designers made their screens disappear because for $300 to $500k purchase price they couldn’t make a screen that was perfectly integrated and they had to make it disappear . Just my opinion but the MFD (multi function display -that’s hippo Jet cockpit talk*) is a fantastic design that allows one to just move your eyes with a quick side glance to get what information you want from that screen keeping you focused out front.

* I’ve flown Jets for 35+years now retired.
                    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Thanks for the feedback John and V1 VR. Yup, I'm gonna have to check it out. Not going to be a deal breaker. Been waiting too long for this model.
                      Have a great day!
                      K

Comment

Unless you resemble Peter Drinklage, this image shows that the screen is not an issue to a normal sized person sitting in the car. I am 5' 10" tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1508.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	62106

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X