MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Going To Mod Your ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going To Mod Your ME

Do you belong to NCRS? Do you do only certain mods? Or are you an all-in type of modder?

I typically end up, within the first three months on every new vehicle we own (including our DD’s), doing around 35 mods.

I will most likely being dingo all the following (those will have a pro do some of these), and of course when the car arrives, could well do many more than I am currently envisioning. However, I will be doing far less than usual, for while I always have kept one Corvette for an entire generation, this one I am going to trade in on a year three model, so probably far fewer 2020 ME mods for me.

Here however, is what is currently planned on our ME:

A) Cleaning/Protective:

* Paint cleansing, including such treatments as IronX;
    * Paint correction (if/as needed) — though maybe extremely minor due to the new paint shop;
    * Nano ceramic coating almost the entire car, including wheels and exhaust tips;
    *Clear bra about 2/3’s of the car (the rear fenders on the ME will be critical on the ME done on our car the same time as will be the front fascia/headlights/fenders/hood/mirrors);
    * Front fender “mud flaps” (tasteful ones of course). I have them on every Corvette, never interfered with trophy collecting, yet nicely interfered with “side of the car” rock impacts).

B) “Aesthetic” Mods

*Window tint @ 20% all around (but no tinting on the windshield);
    *“Maybe” remove any lettering on the rear fascia, but maybe not. Maybe other debadging?
    * Depending on whether we see the motor through the rear deck (yet unknown), and if so and if GM’s engine cover were molded plastic, I would spend a bunch on the right aftermarket engine cover.

C) Power Mods/Adjustments to ECU or Similar:

* Planning to do nothing in this area due to trading it in. I know however, that several will probably be doing some of these on your ME.

What mods might be in your ME’s future?

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Corner weight balancing, accurate suspension alignment to middle of street, track settings. Load way points in nav for my loop of the USA .
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

No i would not modify for years...

Comment

Great discussion, John.
        Suspension - I cannot deal with wheel gap so that will be the first thing to go.
        Wheels -The aftermarket wheels must be encompass the right characteristics of style and race while looking like they tie into the car (not detracting from the car).
        If the engine is displayed in the rear window, there will be no tint -and either a nice cover/powdercoating will take place.
        Exhaust -This one will take some time as I will want to hear several variants in person -It has to be mean, period.

Comment

I may do cosmetic mods or lower it with wheels if it looks good but no power mods

Comment

Do my own make ready, then paint correction and Get clear Bra installed. Then Lower it, align it then drive it. ( lower could be a pain if they use conventional springs none adjustable coils). I always do my own paint correction and do my own make ready, my dealer knows how OCD I can be.

Then sell it a year later for the Z version if the upgrade is worth it.
            Last edited by Fasttoys; 08-23-2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USVTRN View Post
              Great discussion, John.
              Suspension - I cannot deal with wheel gap so that will be the first thing to go.
              Wheels -The aftermarket wheels must be encompass the right characteristics of style and race while looking like they tie into the car (not detracting from the car).
              If the engine is displayed in the rear window, there will be no tint -and either a nice cover/powdercoating will take place.
              Exhaust -This one will take some time as I will want to hear several variants in person -It has to be mean, period.
              So many good ideas here in your post. Thank you! Based on the CAD drawings, we are going have coil overs, so wheel gap will be easily adjustable.
              Wheels, for sure, can make or break a car! Going to be perhaps 100 choices available to us over time.
              Exhaust, yes we are going to have to wait and see what aftermarket offers us — but based on past history, that is often close to a nine month wait.
              Yes, yes, not going to hide the engine if one could see in the the rear view mirror, especially if a “shaker” as we accelerate, sit at a stop light. However, if we can see it, which I am not thinking we will but if so, talking about distracted driving (LOL).

Fun; fun!

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Wheels and tires will be my biggest thing. Every version on the renderings I've seen, I hate. Hopefully GM will surprise us. Tasteful carbon fiber wheels would be great. I'm not sure where to get the Nano ceramic coating done, or if it is worth it. I have emailed MacMulkin Chevy a couple of years ago when the rumors started to look like facts. True to there word, they said they would only contact potential buyers when facts were available. The did not want or require a deposit. Perhaps they could steer me in the right direction. I'm in Michigan, so there must be someone around.

Regards Brian

Comment

Brian, I answered your question by sending you a private message. For all, the only forum dealer who is currently taking ME refundable deposits, placing them each in their own time and date stamped folder, is Mike [email protected] Chevrolet (“[email protected]”).

At the same time, while you correctly learned that hey do not now take ME deposits, MacMulkin Chevrolet are great folks, bought my 2015 Z06 from them, and they were fantastic to work with.

The question for you (and others) to decide is whether you want to be on a deposit list now, or wish to get on one later.

IMO, one can do nano coating themselves if they watch some YouTube videos, follow the directions. I use Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating (one of the absolute easiest nano ceramics for a newbi).. Taught myself and my two cars I did it on, not only look terrific, but a nano ceramic is typically 8 times harder than your clear coat — and thus less impervious to surface scratching. We will create a specific detailing section on the forum long before you get your car.

I will never again own a vehicle, daily drivers included, without do a nano ceramic coating. And do they hold up and look super-shiny! Take a look at my car after 20 months, 12 states and 10,000 miles on it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C51C426-30BA-4F3C-95EC-3BC696C32294.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	5829

Last edited by John; 08-24-2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Our last 6 or so have been kept pretty much just as they came from the factory. I did have a couple of them tinted (the side and rear glass) but that was pretty much it. I may do some minor cosmetics but I really have to see the car first. My basic philosophy is to order the car with all the stuff I want on it, and just go out and enjoy it....
                    C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

I'm currently saying no I won't , but I just can't seem to leave things alone.....
                      A thought if I might ...

Comment

I know and respect that disease.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	6057 I will probably have a stainless fabricator remove the plastic grill in front and back and come up with something special.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

I'm not going to mod.

I'm not going to mod.

I'm not going to mod.

Pfft. Hell, who am I kidding? Yeah, I'll probably mod. . . . LOL.

Comment

Funny! Here’s to your mods turning out great OnPoint, giving you so much joy, that you keeping doing, “just one more.”

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X