Sport mode and cylinder deactivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport mode and cylinder deactivation

Wondering for those that have been to a dealer tour, if the question has been asked as to whether cylinder deactivation takes place in sport mode with or without using paddles?
    Thanks

Welcome C8Ron. Good first post. Thanks for joining us.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Ron, your post answer is about 95% confirmed at this point, that when one is exclusively using paddles, there is no cylinder deactivation, but when one is in D, the computer will put the motor in and out of cylinder deactivation. Or to answer your question another way, if you chose tour mode and also selected M, exclusively using your paddles, you will not have cylinder de-act.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You are quite adventurous with your C8 specs. I do like that yellow.
        I am looking at the rapid blue or elkhart lake blue. I am going to wait for the 2021 model year. I would like to see reviews from the various car magazines as well as consumers. My allocation is under 50, so hopefully will not be a long wait.

Comment

Fun; fun. I was just trying to create the most unusual combo I could think off. Did I succeed, or should I change my signature box?

For real, today’s winner for me would be Elkhart Lake Blue.

Comment

John, why am I not believing that you would really order the yellow with blue interior, red seat belts and perter wheels???

Comment

Because I am not that color defective.

Comment

And when he gets behind the wheel, John will be wearing tan shoes, with pink shoelaces, a polka dot vest and, man oh man, tan shoes with pink shoelaces, and a big Panama with a purple hat band.

Comment

I think you should go with orange seat belts and red calipers.
                  1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                  2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I feel like it's time to dredge this one up again:

PINK!

Maybe add a custom black canopy mash-up to it?

Comment

Oh, that is one ugly combo. Maybe I should choose it — again achieving a hideous car, but it would be a 1-of-1.

Comment

I think the world would be a better place if it remained a 0-of-1.

Comment

Very funny. Chuckle time.

Comment

You all are joking, but just wait and see what someone will put together. Never underestimate the color blind.
                            Lord Help Me Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              And when he gets behind the wheel, John will be wearing tan shoes, with pink shoelaces, a polka dot vest and, man oh man, tan shoes with pink shoelaces, and a big Panama with a purple hat band.
                              Some of the crowd will not get that.
                              frankb

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X