MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Scheduled maintenance will occur at around 07:00 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
See more
See less

Where will you track your C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Jersey Motorsports Park, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Pocono, PittRace, Summit Point, Palmer, all tracks that are a reasonable distance. Look up Hooked On Driving NE as they are one of my favorite groups to run with and tend to center on the NYC area. Pretty much any reputable group will put you in a car with an instructor plus have classroom time. If you need an instructor PM me, I'll be happy to ride right seat

Comment

Originally posted by poor-sha View Post
      New Jersey Motorsports Park, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Pocono, PittRace, Summit Point, Palmer, all tracks that are a reasonable distance. Look up Hooked On Driving NE as they are one of my favorite groups to run with and tend to center on the NYC area. Pretty much any reputable group will put you in a car with an instructor plus have classroom time. If you need an instructor PM me, I'll be happy to ride right seat
      Thanks for the info...let me ask you...I see it says for Group A Beginner it includes Coach for $425.....About how much time on the track would I actually get during that day? Also approx how many times would you have to do A before you can get to Group B and so on?

Comment

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post

Thanks for the info...let me ask you...I see it says for Group A Beginner it includes Coach for $425.....About how much time on the track would I actually get during that day? Also approx how many times would you have to do A before you can get to Group B and so on?
        Typically you get about 2 hours/day (4x 30 min sessoins) but there is some variance from group to group and event to event. For instance, if there aren't many lower intermediates they might combine groups and give folks an extra session. Trust me, 2 hours a day is plenty - especially if you are new to this.

How long it takes you to advance depends a lot on you and the organization. It also depends on how much time in between events, whether you are changing tracks a lot, and how much you retain. I had a student this past weekend that we promoted to solo novice on his 6th day on track but that was pretty quick. My advice is not to be in a rush to get promoted and soak up everything you can from the coach in the right seat. There is a lot more to this sport than it may look like if you've never done it.

Comment

Sebring, baby!

Click image for larger version  Name:	sebring.jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.1 KB ID:	59146

Comment

Circuit of the Americas!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X