Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

What Independent C8 Testing Do You want to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Independent C8 Testing Do You want to see

Independent Testers:
    What will be the first car(s) that independent testers will back to back comparison test the C8 against?
    What specific C8 features, characteristics, and aspects will they likely focus on back to back comparison testing?
    And side by side testing and comparison.

Your Preferences:
    What specific cars do you prefer to see/have the C8 tested against. In what chronology?
    What specific C8 features, characteristics, and aspects would you prefer to see/have focused upon in comparison testing?
    Who are the journalist, organizations and testers that you regard as most thorough, credible and informative?
    Whose views and opinions are you most looking forward to concerning performance? Fit and finish? Other specifics?

What kind of testing do you want to see, by what testers, under what conditions, against what automobile opposition?

How would you do it if up to you? The most important thing to you.

What outcomes do you anticipate.

Have fun with this one. Someone may read your view and apply it. Your view might be just that good.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 08-06-2019, 08:11 PM.

Easy. A 2020 Z51 against a 2019 ZR-1

Comment

Mclaren 570s versus the c8 z51 fe4 would be of great interest.

you can throw in a Porsche 911, acura nsx, audi r8 and might as well throw in c7 grand sport and or a c7 z06 manual..

i imagine the c8 z51 fe4 versos the new supra will hit the buff books as well..

we have a whole 12 months to do one of Comparison tests per month...

the usual acceleration, braking, handling ride street strip and road course..l

do all the comparision testing in one track event...then the magazine should produce the comparison test against the c8 in each successive month..

basically a lightning lap broken into pieces pairing off each competitor against the c8 for each month of print publication...

no sneak leaks etc...

complete black out on the outcome of future comparison tests already completed...

writing staff would have a blast if the data could be held back until the publication date of each successive comparison..

never would happen but it would be cool ...
      Last edited by JB; 08-06-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Mclaren 570s versus the c8 z51 fe4 would be of great interest.

you can throw in a Porsche 911, acura nsx, audi r8 and might as well throw in c7 grand sport and or a c7 z06 manual..

i imagine the c8 z51 fe4 versos the new supra will hit the buff books as well..

we have a whole 12 months to do one of Comparison tests per month...

the usual acceleration, braking, handling ride street strip and road course..l

do all the comparision testing in one track event...then the magazine should produce the comparison test against the c8 in each successive month..

basically a lightning lap broken into pieces pairing off each competitor against the c8 for each month of print publication...

no sneak leaks etc...

complete black out on the outcome of future comparison tests already completed...

writing staff woukd have a blast if they data could be held back until the publication date of each successive comparison..

never would happen but it would be cool ...
        id like o see this program run. Could hang on or each issue.

Comment

I think C8 Z51 vs C7 Z06 will be really interesting to test the claim that the C8 outperforms the Z06 in every way.

Also C8 Z51 vs 911 GT3 RS will be the ultimate test, since the GT3 RS has quite similiar power (I think 520hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            I think C8 Z51 vs C7 Z06 will be really interesting to test the claim that the C8 outperforms the Z06 in every way.

Also C8 Z51 vs 911 GT3 RS will be the ultimate test, since the GT3 RS has quite similiar power (I think 520hp)
            But the GT3 RS is down about 100 pound feet of torque, right? In low speed acceleration with the same number of gears I don’t see how the GT3 RS keeps up but it does.

Everyone is shocked about the numbers the C8 puts up. I am even more shocked at the numbers the GT3 RS can put up considering that only has an N/A 4.0 Litre 6 cylinder. That car is an engineering marvel but it also has a fairly ridiculous price.

Comment

I would like to see a Z51 vs. a base Stingray for 0-60, quarter mile, skid pad, and 60-0.

I know everyone else doesn’t care about this but I am really curious about how well it can be hypermiled. I imagine it’s drag coefficient is low and that DCT is rather efficient.

I would love to see what kind of Highway MPG you can get coasting behind a Truck on the Highway with the C8.

I know this is a performance car first and foremost. However, I have always been curious about cars that can be fuel efficient in certain scenarios and then absolute beasts for performance at the drop of a hat.

Does anyone know if the DCT transmission disengages the clutches when coasting or does it leave the transmission engaged and cut fuel?

Comment

I'd like to see the C8 Z51 tested against:

C7 ZO6
                Porsche 911 Turbo
                Porsche Cayman (for chassis dynamics)
                Ferarri 488 GTB

Comment

I want to see hot laps by Randy Pobst at Laguna Seca, or Road Atlanta to compare times with ZR1.
                  Last edited by Meldoon; 08-07-2019, 06:40 PM.
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

Does anyone know if the DCT transmission disengages the clutches when coasting or does it leave the transmission engaged and cut fuel?
                    Good question.......most cars that is Mode dependent.
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

If it doesn't do it in ECO mode, you can always pull both paddles back to go into neutral. Not sure if the car would get angry if you tried this at speed, I think it's intended for use while stationary.

Comment

Most Bang for the Buck, an easy win
                        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                          If it doesn't do it in ECO mode, you can always pull both paddles back to go into neutral. Not sure if the car would get angry if you tried this at speed, I think it's intended for use while stationary.
                          In some states it is illegal to engage neutral while driving down the road. However, there are some cars like the Mercedes CLA250 that would do it automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Just to be clear, GM has not officially made that claim.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
                              If you're in manual mode, it better stay in whatever gear you selected. Most cars today cut fuel until the speed / engine rpm drop below a certain level.
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X