MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Engine Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Covers

How hard will it be to remove the engine cover? May want to paint it to match color of the car.
    2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
    2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

Dreaming of 2020 C8 in Torch Red/Sebring Orange/Elkhart Lake Blue 3LT with Z51, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, and more.

Four bolts and a clip releasing a line. 5 minutes?

Comment

Here’s our related engine cover thread with pics and some info..

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...cover-pictures
      Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

I think I'll be getting the cover and calipers painted after purchase....will probably cost half the price

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Here’s our related engine cover thread with pics and some info..

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...cover-pictures
          I did see the thread and pics of valve covers. Are the valve covers EDGE RED, did not see any talk on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post
            I think I'll be getting the cover and calipers painted after purchase....will probably cost half the price
            Yep me too. Valve covers and calipers are getting powder coated blue to match the interior on my yellow C8. Wish they would've given us the option but I'm still excited at what GM has built for us so I'm not gonna complain.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post
              Yep me too. Valve covers and calipers are getting powder coated blue to match the interior on my yellow C8. Wish they would've given us the option but I'm still excited at what GM has built for us so I'm not gonna complain.
              Wow... so you're getting an Accelerate Yellow car with the two-tone blue interior? That will be cool to see!
              (sorry for the off topic post)

Comment

Im going with stock colors and down the road when the new wears off a bit ill paint them myself with high temp paint.

i never painted calibers before... i watched a few youtube videos bought the high temp paint and did the calibers. Came out great...i think i spent maybe an hour to do this work on the car.....definitely cost me under 50 dollars and probably closer to 25...

still looks awesome ...

tell me why I need to spend $500 from the factory?

probably a couple of years before I even feel I even need this

Id imagine the engine cover will be about the same difficulty and time...if not less

for those that love this look right from the factory the day they pick up the car...i agree it looks awesome and its a smart move for you...

Me? I tend to error on the slow side for these very beautiful distinctive options that non enthusiasts might not appreciate at first glance.

eventually i get around to doing them but not directly from pickup date.

i dont get the allure of colored seatbelts at the pricing any manufacturer charges...

im so sorry but for my car, in my taste...I'm not spending what manufacturers are charging and rightfully so for colored seatbelts.

black seatbelts are just fine for me and in all honesty my preference would be black seat belts for their durability and ease of appearance.

ie..my autistic kid puts the seat belts in his mouth and black is easier to keep looking good and yes of course I tell him not to eat the seatbelts..
                Last edited by JB; 08-02-2019, 06:05 PM.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Wow... so you're getting an Accelerate Yellow car with the two-tone blue interior? That will be cool to see!
                  (sorry for the off topic post)
                  Yes sir it's going to require a color override from what I see in the ordering guide. Then do the calipers and valve covers blue and maybe blue hash marks. Considering either blue or bronze wheels so may leave the calipers black. Not completely decided yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

I did see the thread and pics of valve covers. Are the valve covers EDGE RED, did not see any talk on that.
                    We think they are Edge Red. Confirming that is on my list of NCM 25th “Question Ask” list.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

We think they are Edge Red. Confirming that is on my list of NCM 25th “Question Ask” list.
                      Thank You, That Question Ask list must be getting long.

Comment

If the valve covers are indeed "edge red", in order to have my paint shop paint the engine cover edge red for me, what is the "edge red" GM PAINT CODE# ? How can we find out?

Comment

We do not yet have the Edge Red paint code. That is another question on my NCM 25th “Question Ask” list, e.g., how close is Edge Red to Long Beach Red (whose paint code we know). I doubt we will get a direct answer as to Edge Red’s paint code.

Comment

Not a true fan of LBR, I personally think whatever Edge Red is, (like the engine cover picture in previous post), looks better! Just my opinion. Await answers to your ?ask list !

Comment

I am going to hold off on the engine appearance package. If the engine cover and surrounding support covers come off easily, I am going to have them "dipped" with carbon fiber. Nobody will be able to tell the difference and the cost savings should be huge!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X