Electronic Folding Mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Folding Mirrors?

I've not see anything, heard anything or can find another thread here answering the question I have: Does the C8 have electronic fold in mirrors?

For my C4, it never was a concern because they are tucked in right next to the glass and really don't stick out much. The C7 mirrors do stick out quite a bit and I would love to have controls that fold them inwards.

I destroyed one of the side mirrors on my TL that doesn't have this feature either when I first bought it because the car is so wide and the mirrors stick out so far that you really need to be careful going in and out of my garage. Didn't realize that until I heard the crunch and certainly wouldn't want that to happen with a C8.

Do the side scoops stick out more than the mirrors? Can really tell from the pics I've seen.
    Last edited by Fireeagle; 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM.

2LT and 3LT will have power folding mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
      2LT and 3LT will have power folding mirrors.
      Thanks P-Tree. Guess I didn't dig deep enough.

Comment

Can't answer your question about how far they stick out, but the 2LT and 3LT trim packages do come with power folding mirrors, which I believe can be set to auto-fold when the car is shut off. For the 1LT you gotta do it old school, they fold but no power.

Ninja'd by P-Tree. I type too slowly.

Edit: By sighting down the driver's side in the Visualizer, the mirrors appear to stick out further than the side intake scoops:

Side Mirrors

How accurate is that? Dunno. But the sides of the car do "suck in" noticeably as they pass the passenger compartment, so this is probably pretty close.
        Last edited by Klinn; 08-01-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

The mirrors definitely stick out further than the side scoops

Comment

A rear view from the visualizer makes it seem they're about the same width as the rear fenders. So they might make pretty good "curb feelers" when pulling into a garage. If your mirrors clear the door frame your fenders will, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mirror width.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	54735
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Pulling into a two garage the wide stance of the mirrors was a concern yet when mentioned it could act as a curb feeler for the rear scoop...

im felling better about it.

expemsive but better than hitting the rear scoop on the garage door frame...(worst case scenerio

thats going to take some getting used to ..

thanks

Comment

I use the Mirrors on my 2017 Grand Sport to judge how close I am to the garage door frame. I usually get within 1 inch and use the front camera to judge the distance to the side wall. Leaves lots or room to open the drivers door without getting close to wife's car
                1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
                1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
                1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
                2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
                2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
                2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  A rear view from the visualizer makes it seem they're about the same width as the rear fenders.
                  Good idea to try a shot from the back, but by centering the camera in the perspective view both sides of the car to appear to taper inwards the farther away you get. Therefore the mirrors appear to be more inboard than they really are. That's why I shifted the camera over to the side of the car in the example I tried above.

Edit: Here's an example from the rear with the viewpoint shifted over so you're looking approx straight down the driver's side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CorvetteC8-Mirror-Width-02-Medium.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	54825

It's only an approximation since we can't do a pure lateral shift of the camera in the Visualizer, we have to fake it by rotating it to about the correct spot.
                  Last edited by Klinn; 08-01-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Good data here:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rego-%E2%80%9D
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X