ME’s Price Will Shock In A Great Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME’s Price Will Shock In A Great Way

The MSRP for a 2019 Corvette starts at $56,590 (including “destination freight charge).

Click image for larger version  Name:	72D78B8E-9C71-43DD-B593-CF84B584551E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	220.6 KB ID:	5439

We now have three major automedia saying the 2020 ME Corvette will be $70K or less. AutoLine’s Peter DeLorenzo, who is very closely connected to historically accurate Corvette GM info said in a video (on the forum thanks to Bikerjulio), that it would be “within 10K,” Hagerty predicted $70K, and Automobile just estimated $57K.

While no little birdie has whispered to me any information as to its price, (not even a “price range” was suggested), a little birdie shared with me two months ago that lead me to conclude my first posted estimate of $82,500 was too high. I therefore later revised it downward to $78K, and after hearing from another little birdie, I later reduced to $75K — which I now believe could well be again too high (based on more birdie chatter)

I also heard, second hand, from a GM contact, “be prepared to be shocked.”

I know many will say, “no way,” but that is the beauty of a forum, that we each get to come to our own conclusions.

Consequently, I am now thinking that $72,995 will be the 2020 Corvette ME’s no-option MSRP price.

And I am not ruling out that I might lower my estimate again later.

Last edited by John; 08-21-2018, 09:12 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I certainly hope your estimate is too high, and that we'll be shocked in a good way!
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I too hope I am wrong. In fact, that I am very wrong. Let’s hear it for $64,990 including destination freight charge.

meyerweb, can you call Mary Barra and please make that happen?
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'd like to be shocked at $65k coupe and $70k convertible (my choice), which would get me to around CDN$100k with tax. That's what's is in my budget.
        Last edited by Bikerjulio; 08-21-2018, 05:46 PM.
        2020 C8 Corvette
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC
        Spectra Grey Tridents
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          I too hope I am wrong. In fact, that I am very wrong. Let’s hear it for $64,990 including destination freight charge.

meyerweb, can you call Mary Barra and please make that happen?
          I can certainly call Mary. I doubt seriously I'll get through, or have any impact on the final price, though.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

If I were a betting man, my money would be on $67k

Comment

Sounding better and better John! With these automedia groups discussing the coupe prices, that means HT convertible prices are around the corner! Yes, I know it's not really around the corner, but I can dream, can't I. LOL
              Formerly Arctic Stingray (No sense having this username anymore since I haven't had my arctic in 15 years 🤣)
              Rapid Blue 3LT, HTC, Z51, HTO, D84, E60, FE4, J6F, ZYC.

Comment

All depends on what was an option on a c7 that has become standard on the c8..

i think we ll see the standard c8 priced closely to the standard c7 and then just add up what corvette engineers made standard on the c8...

maybe mrc shocks will be standard so that cost as an option on the c7 to the similiar price added to the c8 base price.

thats just an example of what could lift the c8 standard price compared to the c7...

if gm charges 1800 for an A8 transmission on a c7...and if the dct tranmission is standard on the c8 then expect an 1800 increse of the c8 over the standard c7....

give or take a few dollars one way or the other way..

If the c8 comes with heavy duty coolers and brakes and shocks similiar to the z51 package on a c7 then clearly the standard c8 will be oriced near the c7 z51..

im sure you get my drift on what c8 pricing in my opinion will be like.,

i know wjat i want...i wamt a c8 rear mid engine with a near 500 hp Lt1derivative with a dct gearbox and a z51 like heavy duty cooler and suspension package.. i also want mrc shocks...

whatever a c7 z51 mrc shock would cost in 2019 at msrp... i fully expect the c8 i order that way will cost around the same give or take five percent...(or around 3 or 4 grand more msrp)

of course gm is offering big discounts as the c7 s have been around a few years....but im really discussing msrp to msrp..no discount offered.

Comment

Originally posted by JB2C6
                  I know what I want...i want a c8 rear mid engine with a near 500 hp Lt1derivative with a dct gearbox and a z51 like heavy duty cooler and suspension package.. i also want mrc shocks...
                  Of course we yet have zero details, but based on what we believe we know, I think you are going to be a happy camper! As will I and many, many others. With the softer ride provided by the new Michelin PS4S tires than the PSS’s, GM can include a nice suspension package standard. We sure do not know if there will even be a Z-51 package, or whether that will be standard equipment along with MSRC.

Comment

While I think a lot of folks on this forum will be shocked with the price range once it's announced.... I don't think the reaction will be that the price is lower than expected. I'm one of those that thinks it will be impossible to get a well equipped ME Corvette that is wearing a MSRP below $100K.

That $65K ME everybody is dreaming about would have to be a 2020 version of a Fiero dressed up in Corvette clothing. That's certainly not what I've been waiting all these years for. If that's the case, put me on the list for a C7 ZR1 'vert'......
                    2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                      While I think a lot of folks on this forum will be shocked with the price range once it's announced.... I don't think the reaction will be that the price is lower than expected. I'm one of those that thinks it will be impossible to get a well equipped ME Corvette that is wearing a MSRP below $100K.

That $65K ME everybody is dreaming about would have to be a 2020 version of a Fiero dressed up in Corvette clothing. That's certainly not what I've been waiting all these years for. If that's the case, put me on the list for a C7 ZR1 'vert'......
                      You are far from alone in what you are thinking. Several others here, totally agree with you.
                      Last edited by John; 08-21-2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I sure wish they would release some info that is directly from GM. I would love to purchase one, however as others have said if it does not have a great power-plant and trans and a bunch of other value items. I would not want it. The Fiero was obviously a low budget build and obviously had its issues, after they finally figured it out and tried to make it right it was too late the Fiero received too much bad press. Hopefully all these years have seasoned their team as I'm seriously thinking they have. I'm having faith and holding onto my cash for GM's Latest and Greatest Tech. Waiting P A T I E N T L Y. -- NOT. LOL
                        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Considering the c7 z06 can whip a mclaren 570 on a racetrack (car amd drivers lightning lap etc) and the c7 grand sport equal its lap time i dont see how the c8 rear mid engine would be compared to a 1984 fiero jist because tjese are two rear mid engine vehicles from gm.

I dont think the fiero was designed as a sports car but rather a two seat economy car with its iron duke and chevette suspension pieces.

i believe we will see the c8 start out with a near 500hp lt1 derived v8 especially since ford has a 480 hp 420 lb/ft of tq v8 in the ford mustang gt bullet edition.

after the initial release i believe we will see 600 hp and above twin turbo derivatives off the cadillac dohc twin turbo v8.

whether or not it has a flat plane crank and a smaller or larger displacement (with a flat plane crank) that none of us know yet.

im not convinced that if the dohc twin turbo has a flat plane crank it will follow fords move to go much above 4 liters.

the inherent imbalance of the flat plane crank gets tough to control above 4liters in a v8 engine.

if anybody knows otherwose of an example besides fords gt350 natirally aspirated engine post up but im specifically discussing a forced induction flat plane crank.

sounds cool and im sure the suspension of the c8 will be imoressive with mrc as an option

Comment

The Fiero was designed in the early 1980’s, at a time when GM was too much producing stuff that was not acceptable.

I am not concerned in the slightest, for that was 3 decades ago.

Comment

If the ME starts at $67K, I have no doubt that I will add options to get it to $100K or more. Still a huge deal as a 15 year old Ferrari 430 commands over $100K.
                              3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X