MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Z06 Reveal Live Site

2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
3 of 4 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Finally saw the C8 today! Asked questions and took Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally saw the C8 today! Asked questions and took Photos

So I went over to Bridgewater Chevrolet today in New Jersey and got to see the C8 AND sit in it (I think theyre allowing everyone to do so now).

First off the car is gorgeous in person and way better than I could have imagined from pictures. The rear is absolutely beautiful and nothing like a camaro like some people would say.

Both the stock wheels and spoiler of the Z51 package looked great and were enough to tell me I don't need to upgrade immediately to the high spoiler or other wheels. The rockers and front splitter were like a satin black and was still fine for me.

Some people in here were asking about behind the seat room and there is virtually none...i moved the seat all the way up and forward and took a picture so you can see....maybe you can fit a folder.

I was speaking the Corvette guy for the showcase, I believe his name is Richard (correct me if I am wrong), and asked a few questions.

Q: How long does the lift stay up after activated?
    A: As long as you want until you put it back down. You can only raise it or lower it up to 24mph. But once it is raised you can drive around that way if you desire or go offroading (joking).

This is GREAT news as I have longgggg patches of really terrible roads.

Q: When will we finally see Accelerate Yellow?
    He said he's seen parts/panels and we should see it within a few weeks. He also described as others have here like a very greenish yellow (tennis ball) but it looks very exotic.

I'm kind of excited to see this.

Next thing regarding pricing, I heard him say (which may have just been a slip) to expect the packages such as Z51 to be comparable to the costs on the current C7. Of course this isn't in stone and he couldn't really talk much into it.

1/4 mile estimates? No clue...

What about front plate states? The black part in the center underneath the front corvette emblem is actually a cover you can pop off and then you would put your plate there.

By the way there is a glove box....I was watching one Youtube review and they couldn't figure out how to open it so they thought there wasn't lol.

Oh and someone actually tried putting their golfclubs in the back ... No they did not fit lol

Heres some pics
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190731_185748_565.jpg Views:	1 Size:	180.9 KB ID:	54371Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_183756.jpg Views:	1 Size:	998.5 KB ID:	54372Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_172426.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.42 MB ID:	54364Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_172512.jpg Views:	1 Size:	839.7 KB ID:	54365Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_171907_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.05 MB ID:	54366Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_172409.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.18 MB ID:	54367Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_164716_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.63 MB ID:	54374Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_171503_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	54375Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_164609_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.27 MB ID:	54376
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jljordann922; 07-31-2019, 07:51 PM.

Great job thank you

Comment

Thank you very much for close up pictures of sections we had not previously seen. Well done Jljordann922.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Anyone know what the rear compartment measures...width and depth?
        '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
        '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
        '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
        '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
        '14 Black Z51 Coupe
        '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
          Anyone know what the rear compartment measures...width and depth?
          I haven't heard anything, but I do know that it's big enough to hold the roof panel (or a bag of golf clubs if you want to use typical Corvette measurements lol) behind the engine.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, and the info.

Did you ask Richard about the availability of the HUD?

I have to agree, the car looks much better in person. Things that had bothered me about the interior design, based on photos, did not seem like problems when I actually sat behind the wheel.

I had forgotten about the front plate, but I’m glad you asked.

They said the convertible would be announced in October. I guess we’ll see what happens then.

It was nice meeting you, and talking cars. Maybe I’ll see you on Monday.

Take care,

Tom

Comment

Great pictures of areas we haven't seen before in such detail. Thanks!

I can't believe somebody actually brought their clubs to check! Hilarious.

There's a small square thing on the left side of the glove box (inside). Zooming in, there might be a slot on the right side of the square. I wonder if that's where you would slide in an SD card to record data from the PDR? Overall though, the glove box looks to be on the small side. After you put the owners manual in there, not sure there will be much room left.

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post
              Both the stock wheels and spoiler of the Z51 package looked great and were enough to tell me I don't need to upgrade immediately to the high spoiler or other wheels.
              The wheels aren't quite the stock ones. The base wheels are the all-silver version of that style instead of the center-black version on the display car.

Originally posted by RPOZ51 View Post
              The HUD is a standard part of the 2LT and 3LT interior trim packages, so I'm sure it will be available right from the start. And welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                The HUD is a standard part of the 2LT and 3LT interior trim packages, so I'm sure it will be available right from the start. And welcome to the forum!
                It was strange because I've understood that to be the case along with everyone in here, but for some reason Richard said the HUD would be an optional add-on for LT2 which I don't think is the case. I know he knows his stuff so maybe it was just a quick miscommunication lol

Yeah I think you're right with the SD slot...I just zoomed in on my phone and it deff looks like a slot

Im pretty sure the black ones are stock with the Z51 package...thats what i was told today....and the silver ones are for the stock base.
                Last edited by Jljordann922; 07-31-2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPOZ51 View Post
                  Thanks for the pics, and the info.

I have to agree, the car looks much better in person. Things that had bothered me about the interior design, based on photos, did not seem like problems when I actually sat behind the wheel.

I had forgotten about the front plate, but I’m glad you asked.

They said the convertible would be announced in October. I guess we’ll see what happens then.

It was nice meeting you, and talking cars. Maybe I’ll see you on Monday.

Take care,

Tom

Hey there! Great meeting you over there today as well. I never got to ask him again afterwards since it started getting really crowded the later it got. But like you said, once you get behind the wheel everything felt just right. I'm sure we will be learning a lot more in the weeks to come. Looking forward to Monday and yes hopefully ill run into you again!

Comment

From the most recent GM Order Guide:
                    UV6 Head-Up Display, color display with 3 modes: tour, sport, track; can display speed, gear, tach, shift lights, turn signals, bright headlamps, turn-by-turn navigation, g-meter, speed limit, lap times
                    The two squares at the right indicating the HUD is part of the 2LT and 3LT packages.

Maybe it was different on the C7 and Richard was just remembering that? Dunno.

Comment

From the most recent GM Order Guide:
                      UV6 Head-Up Display, color display with 3 modes: tour, sport, track; can display speed, gear, tach, shift lights, turn signals, bright headlamps, turn-by-turn navigation, g-meter, speed limit, lap times
                      The two squares at the right indicating the HUD is part of the 2LT and 3LT packages.

Maybe it was different on the C7 and Richard was just remembering that? Dunno.
                      Yeah that's probably the case....sure it was just a slip...ive seen it included on every doc ive seen so i think well be fine with HUD....just gotta decide to add that lift or not....im thinking I deff need to

Comment

Originally posted by Jljordann922 View Post
                        Im pretty sure the black ones are stock with the Z51 package...thats what i was told today....and the silver ones are for the stock base.
                        The Order Guide specifies all sorts of cool stuff as part of the Z51 package, but no wheel upgrades. Similarly, in the Visualizer if you add the Z51 package to a base car, the wheels don't change. Hey, GM has to make some bucks somehow!
                        Z51 Z51 Performance Package, includes (J55) Z51 performance brakes, (FE3) Z51 performance suspension, (NPP) performance exhaust, (GM7) performance rear axle ratio, (G96) Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), (T0A) Z51 rear spoiler, front splitter, (XFQ) 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear, blackwall, high performance tires and (V08) heavy-duty cooling system A A A
                        Thanks again for the pics and info!

Comment

The Order Guide specifies all sorts of cool stuff as part of the Z51 package, but no wheel upgrades. Similarly, in the Visualizer if you add the Z51 package to a base car, the wheels don't change. Hey, GM has to make some bucks somehow!
                          Z51 Z51 Performance Package, includes (J55) Z51 performance brakes, (FE3) Z51 performance suspension, (NPP) performance exhaust, (GM7) performance rear axle ratio, (G96) Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), (T0A) Z51 rear spoiler, front splitter, (XFQ) 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear, blackwall, high performance tires and (V08) heavy-duty cooling system A A A
                          Thanks again for the pics and info!
                          Ah shucks yeah you look right once again on that....not sure why I was convinced it did....a little disappointing but I hope it wouldn't be too much of a premium for the black...if it is I can always powdercoat black the stock ones.

Anytime on the pics....going back Monday so hopefully can grab some more

Comment

Caveat, I don't golf, but it looks like if you squish that bag down, you could get it to fit. If not, time to buy a new thinner bag! I worked at a golf course in high school, and some guys (and gals) had GINORMOUS bags. I'm talking could barely get the strap to go around it to secure it to the EZGO.
                            Last edited by P-Tree; 08-01-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                              Caveat, I don't gold, but it looks like if you squish that bag down, you could get it to fit. If not, time to buy a new thinner bag! I worked at a gold course in high school, and some guys (and gals) had GINORMOUS bags. I'm talking could barely get the strap to go around it to secure it to the EZGO.
                              All of that is why I'm hoping someone will measure the opening, before I have a chance to do so.

The golf bag fit is of great importance to those of us that play a lot of golf. I'm assuming a 'tour size' bag might not work, but most of us use a sizeable bag and if they don't fit it could even be a deal breaker for anyone who uses the car as a DD or at least most of the summer. I know, I know, you non-golfers are shaking your heads in disbelief🏌🏻
                              '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                              '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                              '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                              '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                              '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                              '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X