Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting tidbit of information in the c8.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting tidbit of information in the c8.

    Interesting tidbit of information...the lt2 is the first corvette you check the oil with the engine running..




    previous corvettes the engine was off and with the dry sump systems some overfilled the oil causing issues...




    now its engine running only when you check the oil

    just a heads up

  • #2
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    revious corvettes the engine was off and with the dry sump systems some overfilled the oil causing issues...

    now its engine running only when you check the oil
    I know this is true for some (all?) dry-sump Ferrari models as well.

    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

    Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

    Comment


    • #3
      if my gm tech didnt tell me Id be that one idiot who checked the oil with the engine off...so I thought Id share...

      Comment


      • #4
        This should definitely be highlighted in the manual.... oh wait, didn't they say that it was not coming with a manual?

        Comment


        • #5
          On a dry sump engine, the oil in the tank can “ leak” back into the engine, (gravity), if the car has been sitting for a while. With the engine running, the oil from the crankcase is returned to the oil tank., so all of the oil is in the right place to check the level
          Last edited by Racer86; 07-29-2019, 01:35 PM.
          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
            This should definitely be highlighted in the manual.... oh wait, didn't they say that it was not coming with a manual?
            Now that is funny! Thank you for that, brilliant actually.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JB View Post
              if my gm tech didnt tell me Id be that one idiot who checked the oil with the engine off...so I thought Id share...
              Um, no way you would be the only one on that item. A friend of mines dad has a C7 with a dry sump and the dealer overfilled it by like 3 quarts.

              Comment

              MECF_728x90_bottom

              Collapse
              Working...
              X