Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CorvetteToday Podcast Delves Into C4 With Aficionado Brad Hansen

CORVETTE TODAY delves into the C4 Corvette with affectionato, Brad Hansen. https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...I0r3Da0OXhSCLC Brad is a LA videographer, but uses his C4 as a Daily Driver. Consequently, he has become a true go-to guy for all C4 do-it-yourselfers! Brad has a great YouTube channel and social media presence. You'll find out all about that and more on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
See more
See less

What % of c8s in first year will be z51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What % of c8s in first year will be z51

Its poll playing game time as we await more imformatiom
    20 %
    6.45%
    30%
    12.90%
    40%
    25.81%
    50%
    22.58%
    60%
    22.58%
    70%
    9.68%

Anyone know the breakdown for C7s? I did a couple of quick Google searches and came up blank.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I said 20% because the majority are going to purchase the LT1 if past purchases pan out the same. I know a lot of our forum members will purchase the Z51 package, but I feel most of those who have just recently scrambled to get a deposit in will not. We'll see. When I talked with Mike the other day he mentioned that about 40% dropped out for whatever reasons already.

JB are you going undercover now?
      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
        I said 20% because the majority are going to purchase the LT1 if past purchases pan out the same. I know a lot of our forum members will purchase the Z51 package, but I feel most of those who have just recently scrambled to get a deposit in will not. We'll see. When I talked with Mike the other day he mentioned that about 40% dropped out for whatever reasons already.

JB are you going undercover now?
        40% dropped off of his waiting list?
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I do know a couple friends who were planning to purchase one , however they have not as yet been able to sell their present Corvettes for what they feel is a fair price. There are a ton of used Corvettes flooding the market presently. Wonder why?
          I think that there may have been quite a few who early on put up a deposit then changed their mind to get a C7 instead. Who knows?
          Last edited by Frenzy36; 07-28-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I do know a couple friends who were planning to purchase one , however they have not as yet been able to sell their present Corvettes for what they feel is a fair price. There are a ton of used Corvettes flooding the market presently. Wonder why?
            New C7s are getting marked down $12k-$15k. Makes it hard to sell a used one to another person.

The KBB resale values are still pretty high though. Online resellers like Carvana and Vroom pretty much go off KBB. I bet someone could still get a reasonable offer for a C7 there.

The trick is that manual transmission C7s have a ridiculously high KBB value right now. A manual Z06 C7 has a higher KBB value than a brand new one sells for in a lot of cases.

Comment

I think that there may have been quite a few who early on put up a deposit then changed their mind to get a C7 instead. Who knows?
              Or they put themselves on multiple dealers' lists, hoping to find an earlier allocation, and have now dropped off the others.

Comment

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger, for the 2018 model year: Only 24% of Stingray Coupe/Convertible buyers opted for the Z51 performance package.

However IMO, that is not a good comparative stat because many, many GS and Z06 buyers bought Z51.

I think this year, as with the start of every generations, a very large percentage will buy the Z51.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I talked with Mike yesterday and several times in the last few weeks and this statement requires a correction. Mike has not had drop offs (other than very, very isolated scattered few); this is what he has repeated said in many public meetings and to me several times, specifically that by the end up to 40% will drop off.”

Why? Because of financial, divorce, medical, business needing cash, being on several top dealer lists and getting a sooner call from another one, and many related reasons.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Ok John, possibly I misunderstood him. I do know that once the 70K sets in for the (base with a few small options plus tax and what not) will be a game changer and some will definitely drop off the list. I am already projecting options which I would like to have will be in the 90K ish range. and another 5K in taxes. The C8 is definitely a awesome machine and whatever may happen with peoples decisions it will still sell.

Comment

41.7 percent of all 2014 c7 corvette coupes came with the z51 option and gm couldn't meet the higher actual demand because of low forecasts at 41 percent that first year...the number would have been higher had the company been able to produce the 2014 z51 fe4 parts ...(could have been the suppliers we dont know)

gm underestimated the allure of the z51 option on the first year c7..so there was a greater demand than they produced...GM didn't have the parts to meet demand that first year....I ..believe gm created a zf1 look a like option to resolve the constraint.

gm should in my opinion plan at least an 80 percent take rate on 2020 z51 s.because that under 3 second claim to sixty mph could make new to corvette buyers even more excited for that option...meaning all the conquest sales will be z51 fe4...

z51 has been heralded by the media as the best value priced option in the industry and it is.

personally many of us wouldn't buy a new corvette without z51 fe4 ..its reputation is that strong..

no question in my mind of the dealer said to me I could order the car in today but it would be without z51 fe4 I would definitely say hold the order.

if the dealer called me to pick up the car and when I got there it didnt have the z51 fe4 shock options i wanted...i wouldnt pay him and Id sue his butt for my deposit back...

for me there would be no fooling around..its z51 fe4 or no sale.

not everybody feels that way but i certainly do.

jmo
                      Last edited by JB; 07-29-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

In 2015, 25% of Corvettes were Z06, probably a good reference. I am confident they designed the C8 around the base configuration, z51 option being icing on that. I need no icing.
                        I have asked my dealer what their allotment is, though the company has six dealers across this area, and the allotment May spread across all six. I have learned not to mention the name of the dealer in this forum out of respect to our sponsors.
                        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Whats interesting and I just realized..the wheels are the same...the dry sump system is on every c8 this time around...

could be the z51 option will be easy to keep inventory on the parts...

its basically suspension and cooling components and different tires and transmission gearing...

gm should plan inventory year one based that 95 percent of all buyer will order z51...and if they have a little left over so what...the profit from being able to meet z51 fe4 demand seamlessly the first year makes the most sense...

let me call Tadge and Mary and tell them what to do...(Kidding)

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X