Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

what % of 2 &3 lt buyers will pony up for the E60 front end lift system In 1st year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what % of 2 &3 lt buyers will pony up for the E60 front end lift system In 1st year?

Curious if GM is prepared for the onslaught of buyers signing up for the E60 front end lift aystem on the c8

what percentage of 2 and 3 LT buyers will order the e60 front end lift system in the first year of production?
    50 percent
    18.57%
    60 percent
    21.43%
    70 percent
    20.00%
    Under 50 percent
    24.29%
    Over 70 percent
    15.71%

Same height as my C7 never had a problem. No for me.
    frankb

Comment

So the C8 is the same height at my '17 Z07? Is the RPO E60 a stand alone option? What is the estimated MSRP?

Comment

If it comes in at the estimated $1500 I'm in.

Comment

My guess is that the front end lift system will be a significantly expensive option and most people will not get it. Personally, exercising a little common sense, I have never scraped my splitter. Even if i do, I never buy the exposed carbon fiber splitters (only black painted)....so they are cheap to replace or re-paint (and look just as good, IMO). I am not interested in the added complexity and weight anyway. Just more stuff to brake. To me, it’s not essential...not interested at all.
          Last edited by NavySuppo; 07-28-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Any ordering of anything for me is way off in the future, as I am a vert person, and reluctant to order in the first year for numerous reasons.

However, I usually have a "not to exceed" total out the door figure in my mind, and include likely immediate accessories and upgrades, such as film coating of paint and a second set of wheels with all seasons. My start list usually includes Z51 with FE4, and 2LT. So until a vert order guide and pricing become available, I cannot really say.

That is one of the advantages of not being an early adapter. You get to find out the reviews of those who bought before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
              That is one of the advantages of not being an early adapter. You get to find out the reviews of those who bought before you.

Well said Milliwatt Rob, and very worth repeating. Thank you.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by mjdart View Post
                So the C8 is the same height at my '17 Z07? Is the RPO E60 a stand alone option? What is the estimated MSRP?
                If one first chooses option 2LT or 3LT, E60 is then a stand alone option. We have no idea of price yet. August 15th we will know for sure — before the first ordering consensus.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The car has an inch more clearance than my Honda Fit, and is about the same height as my Lexus F. I don't need extra machinery to help me get over speed bumps, I'm used to driving carefully
                  Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Interesting how so many are not going to order E60 lift...

Comment

Most ordering well equipped cars will go for the Lift. It was a must have for me initially as I thought the C8 had a lower clearance than the C7. Having had no issues with the height of the C7 I am 50/50 on this option. It is an option that owners of other exotics that do not have this option will be envy of. Rumored pricing is $1500 ??

Comment

Mclaren charges $1500 do thats where the rumored price came from.

I happen to take out my lower radiator support last month and had to have it replaced for 1100 dollars as I drove over new 10 mph speed tables ..when i saw them i jammed on the brakes like an idiot and i believe the nose dive and the weight transfer make the situation worse.

To live and learn i thought it sounded like a broken exhaust hanger and not a radiator support tack weld. The aftermarket sells them for half the price i paid for the oem piece from gm but they were able to deliver from philly the next business day so ai paid extra i guess..some guys just pull thempiece outmand have it rewelded but since its aluminum the dealer shop didnt have the equipment....so ai bought a new piece ...

now after replacing the lower radiator support for over a grand i just drive 4 mph over the 10 mph speed tables...and i have no problem...

otherwise i never would have even thought of buying such a luxury...

im old school so im thinking z51 fe4 and call it a day. I tend to find a lot of the items in 2LT in my past corvettes ...the one before this one I now own...i played with the toys for about six months and then just forgot about the,....thats just me...

when the car comes in ill be happy. If 1LT causes me to wait as opposed to 2LT thats ok.

for the guys going 2 and 3 lt...cool beans guys! Thumbs up ...

the car will be awesome as you spec d it...
                        Last edited by JB; 07-29-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I think it's also area dependent. Hampton Roads is notorious for the roads. The price would be worth the peace of mind.

Comment

Fist thoughts were definitely not. After some deliberation in my own mind. (You don't want to know what goes on in there) I am definitely going to order it. Could come in handy and possibly pay for itself several times over. I would like to know if it will lift the front end up enough to get over the standard parking blocks. Therefore it would allow you to pull forward to the front tires and not have the rear end sticking out in the parking drive area.
                            Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I'm ordering everything I want in this car, you only go around once and my last trip around the sun was a tough one!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X