Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Configuration Site Snafu? - 3LT Needed for only changing to Red Stitching???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration Site Snafu? - 3LT Needed for only changing to Red Stitching???

I think the 2LT option is the best bang-for-the-buck.

But one of my preferences for the interior is jet black with red stitching. When one clicks on that window in the interior section, a pop-up appears that says:

Click image for larger version  Name:	R&B.PNG Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	52602

But this option with only the red stitching as a change is on the left side of that screen, under the heading "Colors". On the right side of the screen is "Custom Interior Colors" such as two-tome interiors, etc.

So either that site is screwed up and there will be no trim level change with only changing to red stitches, or Chevy wants us to bump up $$$$$ to LT3 just to get red stitches???
    Last edited by Shepherd777; 07-28-2019, 12:35 PM.
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Like every OEM, they only allow this option with that trim package. The configurator is still being “fixed,” though nice to have one at all (we did not for the C7 for months, and even then what we had was so rudimentary compared to what we have now).

Per the www.GMorderguide.com you must get the 3LT interior to get red or yellow stitching. The C8’s stitching is more pronounced than the C7’s with the thread diameter being larger.
    Last edited by John; 07-28-2019, 12:39 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

In addition, note that without red or yellow 3LT stitching, the standard thread color for a black interior looks like ivory. I find that a little odd looking, almost unfinished, and is one of the reasons why I prefer one of the other interior colors for a 2LT trim. (assuming what's shown in the Visualizer is correct)

Comment

The standard thread for black, for the C7, was a cross between white and gray, a light gray or a grayish white if you wish. It appears we will have that same thread for the black C8 interiors — unless you choose the red or the yellow thread as an extra cost 3LT option.

However, as pioneered by jagamajajaran, a $2.49 marker pen worked beautiful for tens of thousands during the C7 generation, changing that light, light gray to a blue, or a red, or a yellow or something else. About every two years, a friend who turned his thread to a beautiful blue with Jag’s method, re-did it to restore it to blue glory. Very expensive. One caution while some did this method with their suede interiors very successfully, I personally remain leery of this (but maybe I am just being paranoid).
        Last edited by John; 07-28-2019, 03:10 PM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X