Spoiler question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler question?

When I do the "Design Yours" on the Chevy website, I have a question regarding the rear spoiler. The photos mostly show no spoiler at all and when you do a 'build', you only have the option of the "high wing spoiler". Where do you get the other (lower) spoiler as seen on most other photos?

Thanks!
    Mark D.
    Mark JD
    Venice, Florida

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Delivery date: 12/12/2018
    Our other ride: 2019 Cadillac XT4 Red Horizon Tintcoat

Originally posted by Mark JD View Post
    When I do the "Design Yours" on the Chevy website, I have a question regarding the rear spoiler. The photos mostly show no spoiler at all and when you do a 'build', you only have the option of the "high wing spoiler". Where do you get the other (lower) spoiler as seen on most other photos?

Thanks!
    Mark D.
    Wheel selection look to the left side and click it. Then the Z51 option shows up and the lower wing also
    2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

Ahhhh..... Thanks Mike! How did I miss that?.... (not easy getting old)

I will check it out.
      Mark JD
      Venice, Florida

2019 Grand Sport Convertible, 3LT, Blade Silver with Adrenaline Red interior. Delivery date: 12/12/2018

Comment

Yes, I believe that low spoiler is part of the Z51 performance pkg at this stage of the game.
        Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Yeah Sparro, it looks that way.... at least for now. I hope it will be available if you don't want or need all of the other things the Z51 package offers.
          Also, when you build, it only seems to come in the body color you choose, not in black. I hope that is not the case as well.

Oh well, time will tell. I've got some "extra" time anyway, as I am waiting for the retracting top.

Thanks all.
          Mark JD
          Venice, Florida

Comment

Do you have to buy the Z51 PKG to get the spoiler?

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
              Do you have to buy the Z51 PKG to get the spoiler?
              As of now it seems the only way to add the spoiler is to select Z51
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Mark JD View Post
                Yeah Sparro, it looks that way.... at least for now. I hope it will be available if you don't want or need all of the other things the Z51 package offers.
                Also, when you build, it only seems to come in the body color you choose, not in black. I hope that is not the case as well.

Oh well, time will tell. I've got some "extra" time anyway, as I am waiting for the retracting top.

Thanks all.
                You can change it to black when you select the carbon flash mirrors and spoiler option.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

You can change it to black when you select the carbon flash mirrors and spoiler option.
                  Ahh.... thanks for that. Might just want the Z51 package after all.
                  Mark JD
                  Venice, Florida

Comment

Confirming that the z51 which generates 400 net pounds of downforce, needs to be front to rear balanced, e.g., requiring both the front splitter and the rear spoiler to do that.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Confirming that the z51 which generates 400 net pounds of downforce, needs to be front to rear balanced, e.g., requiring both the front splitter and the rear spoiler to do that.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong John, but as I recall you posed the spoiler question at the reveal? To Harlan?
                      2018 Grand Sport, Torch Red, black int, A8, Nav/PDR

Comment

Yes to Harlan at the reveal, but we were only talking about the standard Z51 spoiler. The high wing was never mentioned.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X