Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

See the Z06 Yourself At The Petersen Automobile Museum

All the details are here for you and friends to stand next to it on reveal day: October 26th. Just buy an admission ticket.
https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-alongside-z06
2 of 5 < >

FORUM NAVIGATION DIY HELPERS

Want some tips on how to set your signature block, post pictures, establish your signature block, response to two posts by quoting both of them at once, change the amount and/or type of forum notifications you get, here’s 20 DIY’s for you: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...m-mecf-members
3 of 5 < >

Forum Member DIY’s: How To Best Navigate MECF

Here are twenty helper threads, from posting pictures, avatars, creating your signature blocks, and more. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...m-mecf-members
4 of 5 < >

CORVETTE TODAY Podcast #78-Famed Corvette Test Driver, Jim Mero, Answers YOUR Questions!

Famed Corvette Test Driver, Jim Mero, is back on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast with your host, Steve Garrett to answer your questions: https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...9kEPiivUWI8ER2!  
These questions came from the MidEngineCorvetteForum and the other forum. There are some great questions and outstanding responses from Jim.  Jim talks about suspension and ride calibrations for the C6 and C7 Corvettes.  He also talked about his experiences test on the Nurburgring and the Autobahn!  
It's a fascinating interview and episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
CORVETTE TODAY Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
See more
See less

Has the ground clearance been listed or have I missed it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the ground clearance been listed or have I missed it

I plan on doing pretty much all service on the car myself and am hoping my QuickJack will fit under it.

Same 5.3” ground clearance announced as the C7. But that is before I lower mine. LOVE you option E60!!!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John, I'm good to go, my BL7000SLX will fit under 3.5" and will raise it almost two feet.

Comment

Glad you have extra clearance, and jacking pucks will also fit nicely. I have the best of the best of those, made by Fred at Reverse Logic. At the reveal I specifically asked and confirmed for him while talking with GM engineers, that C7 jacking pucks will work beautifully, without modification, for the C8.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FBBC1226-47D4-4BE2-A5A9-C00051E26AE9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	279.2 KB ID:	51755

https://www.reverselogic.us/corvette_jack_pad.html

However, also learned that as the C8 goes with larger lug bolts, moving to 14MMx1.5MM and so his C7 lug guides will not work. I am doing further research so Reverse Logic can engineer new lug guides for the C8 — having them done before the first C8 ships.

I also have a set of Reverse Logic’s lug guides for my C7. They are so precision machined they look like surgical tools. We will have a MECF contest and give mine away this fall to someone who is positive that they are keeping their C7 for at least two years.

Click image for larger version  Name:	276D6A96-D15F-427C-A546-BF3DB0A3E9F4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	233.6 KB ID:	51753
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I've been using the same set of billet jacking pucks on the C5, C6 and C7. Good to know that they will still work on the C8.
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Same 5.3” ground clearance announced as the C7. But that is before I lower mine. LOVE you option E60!!!
            Is this with or without the 2" hydraulic lift for the front end?

Comment

I can't believe how inexpensive those pucks are, I'll definitely be buying four of those, thanks for the link!

Comment

I was wondering if my zl1 Add-on Mag assist device would work on the C8 for wheel removal??? I loved this for our C7. Made wheel remove and replace a simple task.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zl1Addon.magassist.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	51776

3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil1098 View Post
                  I can't believe how inexpensive those pucks are, I'll definitely be buying four of those, thanks for the link!
                  Please somehow in your order mention you are a MECF member. They are coming on board as a Forum Featured Vendor, and we always like to let our vendors know that their advertising money they pay us (which all goes to bandwidth costs), is getting them increased sales in return.

Comment

For those of us that have C7s and similar clearances with the C8 and had no issues with height on the C7 may not need the lift. It is a cool option . I thought it was being offered because the C8 is lower than the C7. But I understand that some lower their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by MReid View Post

Is this with or without the 2" hydraulic lift for the front end?
                      Without E60 option. Standard clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
                        I was wondering if my zl1 Add-on Mag assist device would work on the C8 for wheel removal??? I loved this for our C7. Made wheel remove and replace a simple task.

Click image for larger version  Name:	zl1Addon.magassist.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	51776
                        I doubt it since the lug bolt’s diameter is larger. But since you are obviously skilled, you can make one that will fit up with the C8’s strong, larger diameter lug bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          Glad you have extra clearance, and jacking pucks will also fit nicely. I have the best of the best of those, made by Fred at Reverse Logic. At the reveal I specifically asked and confirmed for him while talking with GM engineers, that C7 jacking pucks will work beautifully, without modification, for the C8.

Click image for larger version Name:	FBBC1226-47D4-4BE2-A5A9-C00051E26AE9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	279.2 KB ID:	51755

https://www.reverselogic.us/corvette_jack_pad.html

However, also learned that as the C8 goes with larger lug bolts, moving to 14MMx1.5MM and so his C7 lug guides will not work. I am doing further research so Reverse Logic can engineer new lug guides for the C8 — having them done before the first C8 ships.

I also have a set of Reverse Logic’s lug guides for my C7. They are so precision machined they look like surgical tools. We will have a MECF contest and give mine away this fall to someone who is positive that they are keeping their C7 for at least two years.

Click image for larger version Name:	276D6A96-D15F-427C-A546-BF3DB0A3E9F4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	233.6 KB ID:	51753
                          John this is a great must have accessory. For us new guys to the Corvette world it would be super helpful if you put together a list of must have's like these jacking pucks to put on our shopping list. Thanks

Comment

John,

Wish I could take credit for making this, but it's a purchased item from "ZL1 Addon.com". Really simple to put the wheel back on and align it to the wheel lugs as you just have to line up the center hole ( with cap removed) and then can spin the wheel around to line up the lug nuts, push the wheel all the way on and done. The two conical shaped small rings are permanently installed on the front wheel hub. Which I just realized I left on our '17 GS that I early traded 2 days ago for getting the max trade amount now, rather than waiting till next Feb, March or April to get a value on my trade........ oops.

This tool does not get affected by the lug size. Only the large hole that goes in the center of the wheel, and then it screws into the hub on fronts and slides in on the rear.
                            Last edited by Strake; 07-26-2019, 03:43 PM.
                            3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

Good to know ground clearance is the same. I may pass on the E60. I’m pretty careful on those places that could give me clearance problems.

Probably depend on price in the end. Nice option if needed.
                              2018 Grand Sport, Torch Red, black int, A8, Nav/PDR

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X