See less

Large People Fit: 6’5”, 300 #’s & He Fits In C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody think the bigger dealers (Kerbeck, Criswell, etc.) might have C8's that people can sit in to test the fit? Ideally, one would be able to drive one a few miles too, but that seems very unlikely. I have a deposit with Mike Furman but my number will not come up until spring/summer. Given this, you think he might have a C8 I can sit in and/or drive before then?

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
      Does anybody think the bigger dealers (Kerbeck, Criswell, etc.) might have C8's that people can sit in to test the fit? Ideally, one would be able to drive one a few miles too, but that seems very unlikely. I have a deposit with Mike Furman but my number will not come up until spring/summer. Given this, you think he might have a C8 I can sit in and/or drive before then?
      Check our thread for Dealer Tour Locations: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...tour-locations

You wouldn't be able to drive one but you should be able to sit in it.
      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post

Check our thread for Dealer Tour Locations: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...tour-locations

You wouldn't be able to drive one but you should be able to sit in it.
        I definitely saw that thread and know where they are. I may go to one in January in PA. I sat in one in Carlisle, but the line was so long, I felt pressure to get out within a minute. So, I really did not have the chance to adjust the seat properly. Plus, the roof was off. I am 6-3, 230, 32 inseam.....pretty sure I fit OK, but need to really spend more time to be sure. I know there have been taller and heavier men than me saying they fit, but I gotta believe some of these guys are kidding themselves. I have no doubt they will buy the car, but there is no way they can be comfortable for more than 5-10 minutes. JMHO

Comment

All who have said they fit, have sat in the car. The C8 has +1” more legroom and +1” more headroom than the C7. Great picture of Dave Hrejsa in the car. He’s 6’4, 285 and said he fit fine and could additionally have a helmet on; this is Dave in the car.

Originally posted by Dave Hrejsa
          I fit, no problem-smiles for miles

Just had the opportunity to sit in a Rapid Blue 3LT, it is fantastic!! I fit with way more room than my C7, egress is better than the C7 and the 3LT interior is really nice. Anyone on the fence about the C8 needs to get in one really give it a hard look.

What I really liked was the fact that I had much more room and the ability to adjust the seat more than in my C7.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4A49606A-D756-44F4-AF49-E311330AA423.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	74559

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

6’4”, 270 and he fits too.

Originally posted by ThinCrust
            Height 6’-4”
            Weight 270
            Shoe 13-4E
            Inseam 34

I sat in the car at Findlay in Las Vegas. There’s room in this car to actually have choices.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

6’5”, 270 pounds, 36” inseam, and he fits fine

[Quote=65Drivr]I am 6'5" 270lbs, 36" inseam and I fit fine.

Comment

6’4”, 280 pounds and he fits w/out an issue. Also responding to the issue of whether the passenger seat is narrower as it was in the C7...

Originally posted by ToolHoarder
                No... the seat itself was the same. I sat in the car today, both sides. The car has much more room than the C7 and especially on the passenger side.

I'm 6'4" 280 and fit w/o issue on both sides.

Comment

Large people fit in a C8. Today’s two examples with pictures.

[Quote=faldoc]This gentleman is 6’ 5” with a 36” inseam.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B8AFAC17-37FD-4F1F-BF28-5341F4D44808.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	207.8 KB ID:	76977

Originally posted by ToolHoarder
                  Today was the day for me... no issues. More room than my C7 in all areas.

6’4”, 34” inseam, 283 as of today.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	B6AFF0AA-10A2-4F7A-A40A-C2601CCC99CC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	231.2 KB ID:	76978

Then ToolHoarder returned later in the day with his wife.
                  Went back after work with my wife. No issues at all.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	8D81E8B0-23C2-4640-BAF5-F3DDE99914AC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	76979
                  Last edited by John; 09-30-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Skank and I saw a 6' 6', 280 lbs. fellow with a gorgeous wife, fit in at the Monterrey Historics in August. This car fits large people.

Comment

The guy I think he is the chevy dude BACHMAN AUTO GROUP, INC. says when he gets his c8 if he has it at his dealership he will let you sit in and drive his car

Comment

Another big person fits and notes he has more room than in his C7.

Originally posted by Houston Z33
                        6'0" and 320 lbs, 2XL shirts and a 32" inseam.

You have far more room in a C8 than in a C7 - Both sides, it fits more like a Camaro than a Corvette.

Here in Houston that was the #2 thing you heard folks talk about, the shocking amount of room inside.....#1 was "Pics do not do this thing justice

Comment

I hear from anonymous sources that the C8 seat frame mimics the jaw of a snake which can swallow prodigious amounts of . . . things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
                            I hear from anonymous sources that the C8 seat frame mimics the jaw of a snake which can swallow prodigious amounts of . . . things.
                            Custom Burmese python leather interior for south Florida deliveries???

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X