Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

How much storage space is in the interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much storage space is in the interior?

So I'm currently driving an 18 Camaro. While I love the car and I enjoy every single drive, there's one thing that really could be done better: Interior storage. No matter if you want to have a water bottle with you or want to store you wallet, phone, etc, you just can't fit it anywhere where it should fit. Door pockets are way too tiny, the center console can't even fit mit Galaxy S9, etc. so for trips you basically have to throw everything on the rear seats if you don't want all that stuff in your own pockets.

With all of the new C8 pics and some first impressions here, has anybody seen yet if the C8 is actually offering practical space for the stuff you carry around?

Don't get me wrong, this is no big deal. But since we have many topics of specific details it would be interesting if somebody checked how big the door pockets or the glove box is in the C8

I did see in one of the videos that the glove box was ample. The one thing I will miss that we have in the C7 is the cool hidden panel behind the screen that even has a USB port. The doors pictures I have seen seem to have ample extruding pockets that seem to be about the same as the ones on the C7.

Comment

Based on the photos and videos I've seen:

The glove box is at least as big as the C7's, maybe bigger.
      The door pockets look tiny.
      The cupholders are deeper than the C7's (sorely needed improvement)
      There's a slot in the waterfall behind the center console to hold a cellphone. With wireless charging on the 2LT and 3LT.
      Haven't seen a photo of the console storage open, but given that the cupholders are deeper, and there's no driveshaft going through the tunnel, I would expect it to be deeper, too.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
        I did see in one of the videos that the glove box was ample. The one thing I will miss that we have in the C7 is the cool hidden panel behind the screen that even has a USB port. The doors pictures I have seen seem to have ample extruding pockets that seem to be about the same as the ones on the C7.
        I'll miss that too ... I keep a micro fiber cloth there

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post

I'll miss that too ... I keep a micro fiber cloth there
          I keep my Walther PPK there. Totally James Bond style. Some keep their pot there

Comment

Someone will probably come up with an aftermarket piece to put behind the seats attached to the back wall or glass.

Comment

I keep my Walther PPK there. Totally James Bond style. Some keep their pot there
              PPK is old school and sophisticated. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                There's a slot in the waterfall behind the center console to hold a cellphone.
                That waterfall seems to have a lot of unused space. Your phone only takes up the bottom third or so, plus you need a bit of room to reach over and insert / extract it, but that still leaves a fair amount of space below the shiny speaker housing which looks like a prime spot for *something*.

Maybe I can mount a small fire extinguisher there for track days.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Maybe I can mount a small fire extinguisher there for track days.
                  Or velcro your handgun.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I agree, that hidden storage area behind the screen has to be the best ever in any car. Will definitely miss it, but bring on my ME.

Comment

Just curious - how do you bring home a whole pizza for the family?
                      Black/ Natural (GBA/ HUV) Z51, 2LT, GT1, FE4, E60, NPP, Q8Q, VQK,...Was # 465 at Kerbeck,.TPW: 2/17/20, Status to 6000 on 3/20/20

Comment

Ah! That goes over the intake manifold. It's where you cook road-kill.

Where does James Bond hang his tuxedo? And my shirts?
                        C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM View Post
                          Chevy Tahoe??
                          Steve
                          NE Florida
                          C8 deposit down!

Comment

Have them deliver the family size to our house, or take the C8 without a passenger but with a big towel on the passenger seat.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Have them deliver the family size to our house, or take the C8 without a passenger but with a big towel on the passenger seat.
                              In my C7 'vert, the pizza generally rides in the passenger seat, or the passenger's lap. Or buy rectangular pizzas.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X