Picts of behind the seat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picts of behind the seat???

I haven’t seen decent Picts of the area behind the seats and wonder if anyone who gets to one in person can post up some pictures.

I am wondering about a harness mount, which is pretty straightforward in the c7 but appears maybe a bit harder in the c8.

I saw part of a cutaway pict but not enough to go a good idea what is going on back there.

And do the seat backs tilt forward-that’s just curiosity.

TIA.

Good questions...and you are right....i havent seen the photos of whats back there behind the seats...id imagine fwiw the front seats fold forward...as in present cars....I always throw a few bottles behind the seat so I hope so....(bottles of water of course)

Comment

Behind the seats is an engine. I can not imagine any kind of cargo space to include a net. All the pics I saw there seemed to be no room for any kind of storage or cargo space

Comment

Good point about the harness mount. There doesn't seem to be much room behind the seatback to the rear partition of the cockpit and if you tried to put a bar across it looks like it would be blocked by that vertical "console" between the seatbacks. Mounting a bar up higher above the vertical console would compromise the angle of the belts. I wonder if there are any suitable anchoring points on the rear partition itself?

As far as tilting forward is concerned, there's a bit of room between the seatback bolsters and the seat bottom bolsters of the competition seat so it looks like it could fold forward a little bit, but not very much. Just enough to get in there with the vacuum to clean.
        Last edited by Klinn; 07-26-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

It seems pretty clear to me that GM expects people to race this car. And the cars being tested at the 'ring had Sparco racing seats and competition belts, so I expect there is a way to mount a harness bar (or one built-in, behind the carpeting?).
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I'm hoping for a bit of room behind the seats. There is a little cubby behind the seats in my C7 vert where i can put my compact umbrella. It is right in front of the speaker. If no cubby then I'd probably just move the Pass seat forward a bit and stow stuff behind it.

Comment

Nada???? Anybody go to kerbeck and happen to take behind the seat picts. ?

Comment

There is no behind the seat storage, except as Harlan mentioned, for an item like a hat, jacket or similar — just like in the C7 behind the seat but below the rear cargo area.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I have had a mid-engine car, a Fiero GT. There is nothing, absolutely nothing behind the seat but a firewall
                  Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

A "behind the seats" picture...

Click image for larger version

Name:	072719_117.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	53470
                    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

The photo here gives you some idea:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...line-red/page2
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                        The photo here gives you some idea:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...line-red/page2
                        Thx for that.

I I guessing that the center piece does not have a structural base and am wondering about a harness. mount.

I do fit subshades behind thw c7 seats- never thought about a jacket

in my c4 I lost a can of cat food behind the seat which the power track then opened unknown to me- that became an issue. I think it was karma getting back at me for putting anchovies under my friends car seat as kids back in the day. It took him about a month to figure it out.

Comment

See if this one from the reveal shows what you need.
                          Attached Files
                          Lord Help Me Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am.

Comment

Nice pic Freeman. I wonder if there's one around with greater depth of field so we can see that rear bulkhead / firewall more clearly?

Originally posted by HMDS View Post
                            in my c4 I lost a can of cat food behind the seat which the power track then opened unknown to me- that became an issue.
                            Hoo-boy, that must have been something after a couple of hot summer days!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_171907_HDR.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	57004Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_171913.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	57005

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom