Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Latest Corvette News And Headlines

Things are starting to heat up about the new C8 Z06! And CORVETTE TODAY covers it all in this News & Headlines episode. Here are some of the topics you'll hear about ...
1. Final stats for the 2021 model year C8 Corvette
2. Nearly half of the C8.R IMSA Edition C8’s are already sold
3. 2022 C8 Configurator is now live
4. The C8 was the 2nd fastest selling new car in August 2021
5. Consumer Reports declines to recommend the 2021 C8 Corvette
6. 2021 C8 tops its class in the JD Power APEAL Study
7. A Nurburgring video captures 2023 C8 Z06 with unofficial track time
8. We have video evidence that the C8 Z06 will also come in an HTC
9. Did we see the reveal colors on the last teaser video for the C8 Z06?
10. Another Easter Egg discovery on the C8 Z06 “Save the Date” video
11. Spy photos of the C8 E-ray confirm it’s a performance hybrid
12. New Zealand about to get their right-hand drive C8 Corvettes
13. The C8 Z06 might break 3 production V8 records
14. Chevrolet has officially quit making the LT5 engine with 755 hp

This is a long list of topics, and it's not everything that's covered in this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
2 of 3 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

C8 Door Panel Scoop Piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Door Panel Scoop Piece

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9227.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	3.86 MB
ID:	51428 I have not seen this posted elsewhere, so thought I would throw it out there. Not sure how I feel about the scoop piece on the doors. I understand the design for full air intake, but when you open the door this piece looks "tacked on" to me. You will also need to consider this large pointy piece sticking out when opening the doors next to another car.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ABorC; 07-26-2019, 12:27 PM.
    Lord Help Me Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am.

Valid thoughts and concerns. However, personally, I like the door “peak” though I sure understand and respect those that do not. It was actually debated on many rendering threads as far back as about a year before the year (maybe longer than that). Some like it, some are not sure, and some dislike it a bunch.

Chazcron’s rendering measurements were that the door peak does not stick out as much as lower part of the door (so not the first place to hit).

We have CorvetteBlogger going to Kerbeck’s with a list of things he is wanting to find out, and he added this question onto his list.

Bottom line of course is that the door peak we know for the last week, is real; it is “the card we are now dealt.”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John. One of my Corvette Club buddies had the resolution for me. Just keep the doors closed.

Comment

You have so see it positively. A door ding on gloss black is really easy to fix compared to the more complex metalic colors

Comment

Put me in the camp of less than thrilled, for now, as I am awaiting to see it in person.
          I was one of those that thought it wouldn't be there when revealed.
          2022 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and CF int. Pre halloween delivery??

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            You have so see it positively. A door ding on gloss black is really easy to fix compared to the more complex metallic colors
            Which made me pause and reconsider my preference for the body-colored exterior trim option. It wasn't a very long pause though.

Comment

What concerns me is how is this piece attached. Sure looks like something that may get broke off or loosen and not continue to line up with the lines of rear fender. Looks good when door is closed but it seems odd to me when open. And keep in mind , back to how this is attached it is part of the handle to open the door so it will get abuse. Could this be a future design issue??? Maybe cracking of finish??? It does raise a question and has raised many questions pre reveal. Lots of folks are excited about the C8 and I am one of them, BUT, it is a first year car, whoo knows where issues will arise, could this be one?

Comment

The design is ok by me, but the fact that the front edge of scoop and the blade don't align bothers me. I assume it was a design element, but that exposed edge between the scoop blade and the scoop itself is going to be a rock chip magnet. I know I'm complaining, but I think it makes the blade looked tacked on. Still going to get one though

Comment

I was thinking similarly to Steve8. I thought that Chevy was trying to throw us off with that "blade" or "door peak" and it wouldn't be part of the finished product. On a side note, we are going to have to come up with the correct terminology for this piece.

Comment

Ok...I'll be the first to say it......just can't help myself. Let's call it a..... "door handle".... ha. Ok..maybe a "scoop handle"....

Comment

I don't much care how the door "looks" when open. The car will spend little time that way. The width could be a concern. Won't want to be parallel parking next to any walls if you have a passenger in the car, and opening the door in a two car garage will merit some care.
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                        What concerns me is how is this piece attached. Sure looks like something that may get broke off or loosen and not continue to line up with the lines of rear fender. Looks good when door is closed but it seems odd to me when open. And keep in mind , back to how this is attached it is part of the handle to open the door so it will get abuse. Could this be a future design issue??? Maybe cracking of finish??? It does raise a question and has raised many questions pre reveal. Lots of folks are excited about the C8 and I am one of them, BUT, it is a first year car, whoo knows where issues will arise, could this be one?
                        I think that in 300,000 miles of real world C8 testing that GM has a) thought of this, and b) much more importantly, tested and retested and retested it.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by freeman1215 View Post
                          Thanks John. One of my Corvette Club buddies had the resolution for me. Just keep the doors closed.
                          Or get a lambo door conversion kit so that it opens up

Comment

The question I do have about the scoop is how well is it being protected out of the factory from chipping? I know a few Z06 owners that were having problems with rock chips on the C7 where the rear brake cooling scoop sticks out just a little. Personally I would get that area protected right away with a clear protective film if the factory does not install.

Comment

My car goes from the dealer to the body shop for customization, then directly from there to the pro detailer for XPEL and CQuartz, window tinting. They I drive, DRIVE!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X